Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Intel Video Card issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: Intel Video Card issues post here please.

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:02 pm

I have installed that kernel on 3 systems so far, just continue with the install. What it's saying is that it's not being installed the normal way (update manager). Even after it's installed it says the same thing in synaptic. I just remembered that I got that message too and just continued with the install. There was nothing else to install in addition to those 3 packages.
Screenshot-1.png

If there's any problem you can always purge them with
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get purge linux-headers-2.6.34-* linux-image-2.6.34-*

from the terminal or the shell. But we'll cross that bridge if we come to it, which I doubt.
;)
Also when it finished I got a error (crash report) on 1 machine BUT it was for a driver that wasn't even being used. Mine uses the 195 driver and it was for the 173 driver which while it shows up in hardware drivers is not and was not in use. So the error was irrelevant and meant nothing.
Just so you know what to expect in advance.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:23 am

Hello yendor.

Just to close the part of the Intel Video Cards.
After you have install the new package of Ubuntu Tweak (I have post it in the forum under Ubuntu Tweak post),
Make sure that the software will sync in the 2 parts =>APPLICATION=>3Party.
Then you will need to make the source of UbuntuX Down the list (After you have unlock the down right page).
Insert the ROOT pass and go down the page there you will see the (I have mark it for you):

Selection_001.png

After the source has sync =>close synaptic.
Then Restart your machine.
When you will be back to your Desktop,
Open the terminal and make the Update/Upgrade process:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

you will be asked if you want to Update/Upgrade process = Y+Enter.
Then your Video Card will get the New Driver downloaded and Install on your machine.
Then when the process ended,close the terminal,open Synaptic=>reload/update-upgrade the packages.

Now , Intel Video Cards do now show in the Hardware Drivers!
So what you will need to do is to go to Ubuntu Tweak and mark the Desktop Effects there to work for you.
Under Compiz Settings:

Selection_002.png

All I can say to you is the Video Card work just fine with the New Kernel of 2.6.34 Lucid.

And one last thing is that the system will Upgrade some impotent packages after the Upgrade of the Kernel.
What will make your system Faster and more stable.

Hope that cover the process issue that you need to make on your system.

Good Luck to you.
Admin-Amir

Postby yendor » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Hello Admin-Amir, and good afternoon to you.
I want to thank you for all the help, and time, and so far everything has been great I feel more fortunate than some on these post with serious OS problems mine loaded well, and pretty much ran out of the box.
I have followed all the suggestions, and when I installed the last of 3 of the kernels upgrades I received this message:
"Package problem,
Sorry, the package
"bcmwl-kernel-source"
failed to install or upgrade!"
Is there anything I can do about it?
Please advise, and thanks in advance for all the help. Yendor
yendor
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Hello yendor.

First I'm happy to know that all want well for you on the process that I have Guide you. <BREW>
Now the issue with bcmwl-kernel-source, At this point of time there is noting I can do to help here.
The bcmwl-kernel-source = Broadcom =43xx=Driver for the Network eth 0.
The Driver is in the process of bug fix ( like on my machine ).
So if the kernel was install OK on your system and all is fine - it is just time to get the fix for the Driver.
There is no workaround that I can Guide you to get it done at this point of time.
So just use the wireless and all is good to go.
When the fix to the 43xx will be done I will post some instructions for How To get it to work.
At this point there is Big problem with the Broadcom cards.
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/bcm43xx/
And you very welcome yendor. ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby yendor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 am

Hello Admin-Amir;
Just wanted to say thanks again for all the help, this goes for u also 2Hot6ft2...thanks dudes!
Best wishes~Yendor
PS: No response necessary. :)
yendor
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)