Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ubuntu Tweak issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: Ubuntu Tweak issues post here please.

Postby D1Knight » Sat May 08, 2010 11:38 pm

Admin-Amir wrote:D1Knight.

You very welcome my Friend , you welcome to visit my sites and have fun there.
About Ubuntu Tweak - sorry - I have try to post the warning as fast as I could.
And thank you very much for your kind words <BREW> ;)

No worries. :) You are doing your best. :) I should have checked the forum before installing Ultimate Edition 2.6, for any issues. ;) I am sure Ultimate Edition 2.7 will be much improved. :) Peace.
D1Knight
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby D1Knight » Sat May 08, 2010 11:40 pm

JOHNNYG wrote:If you wish to safely clean your system and unwanted kernels, Try this method from Admin-Amir ! I used one of my installs as a Guinea pig, This works with no ill effects ! <BREW>
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4420&start=0&hilit=clean+kernels

Hey JOHNNYG. :) Thanks for the link to Admin-Amir's cleaning tip/process. I am glad to hear this cleaning is safe. :D
Peace. :)
D1Knight
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby JOHNNYG » Sun May 09, 2010 12:25 am

D1Knight wrote:
JOHNNYG wrote:If you wish to safely clean your system and unwanted kernels, Try this method from Admin-Amir ! I used one of my installs as a Guinea pig, This works with no ill effects ! <BREW>
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4420&start=0&hilit=clean+kernels

Hey JOHNNYG. :) Thanks for the link to Admin-Amir's cleaning tip/process. I am glad to hear this cleaning is safe. :D
Peace. :)

Not a problem !! I my self, I am amazed that Admin-Amir Did not post this him self !! :P ! But he is getting up in years !!! :lol: :P No really !, <BREW> He is really swamped with http://ultimateeditionisrael.freeforums.org/ And does all this on his own ! SOO I just watch his back from time to time as he does the same for me!!! you see we here at Ultimate Edition are one for all and all for Ultimate Edition !!! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun May 09, 2010 2:04 pm

JOHNNYG.

Bro If I will do it all what are you going to do :?: :D :D
thank you bro for watching my back <BREW> ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Admin-Amir

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:06 pm

I was going to ask if you thought adding the Conky Hardcore PPA to Software Sources in Ubuntu Tweak would be a good idea but went ahead and did it thru normal channels that being launchpad.
I don't know if there's voting or anything like there is with the bugs "are you affected by this" for suggestions but there are a lot of people that are addicted to Conky. And many more interested in it.

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-tw ... ion/110350
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun May 09, 2010 3:26 pm

2hot6ft2.

Let me try to explain to you and the end user some thing that will give you the best Answer I hope.
when you look on the user request to what he want to have on the system = this is one side of the coin.
when you look on the big picture of the system with the view of the dependencies and packages that can
hart the system in any way = this is the other side of the Coin.
when Thee Build the system we all the Beta Testers are looking for the week chine that can break the system.
we do not have the time to play with the system for the fun = This is the end user to have fun.
Thee and us fixing packages and fixing issues for the Release from packages that Ubuntu do not fix for the Release.
So all the instruction from the Team to the users with work around is just for one reason only:
That they Do not Fall into the Ubuntu mess with there packages!
That can crash the Ultimate user machine, And we do not want that to happens right.
So at this point of time with the Ubuntu packages we have to fix there packages for our users.
Try to Understand the Ultimate point of view, and not the Ubuntu point of view.
Like they Release there system with Huge bug with the eth0.
we cant just take packages and let the user install it on his machine and when it will crash we will say
Hey well it is Ubuntu work right?
Hope now you have the Ultimate point of view batter 2hot6ft2.
This will Never happens with our Team = you can count on it. ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:48 pm

Everything you said makes perfect sense. So stick to fixing what's broken and nothing more. Got it. ;)
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun May 09, 2010 3:56 pm

2hot6ft2.

Everything you said makes perfect sense. So stick to fixing what's broken and nothing more. Got it. ;)

Let me just give you the right way of support the user on the U.E Distro.
Give him the right Answer and you bout are the winers ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:59 pm

I always try to give the best support I can, and if I don't know the answer I say so and let someone that does provide the support. Glad to be on the team and thanks for your guidance.
:D
2hot6ft2

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun May 09, 2010 4:09 pm

2hot6ft2.

You very welcome my Friend <BREW>
Admin-Amir

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)