Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Network issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Re: Network issues post here please.

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Hello mng519.

First you welcome ;)
and we happy that you like our Distro.
If we going to be like others?
If we will do that there will be no fun right ;)
Welcome to the Ultimate Edition World mng519 - stay happy and have fun with our systems.
We are doing the best that we can for our users <BREW>
Admin-Amir

Postby deate » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:02 pm

mng519 wrote:Well thanks for the help. Just out of curiosity, do you think Ultimate will ever get to the point that knoppix or kanotix has with everything being able to work out of the box? Unless it just happens to be that my hardware is one of the chosen few, while others haven't had such an experience.

It's just that immediately with those distros everything works, wireless, graphics card, compiz fusion is all up and running without a hitch, I thought that was pretty impressive, and was just wondering why other linux flavors haven't done the same. Anyway, thanks again.

I've been using Ultimate Edition since 1.4 all the way through 2.5 When I decided to go with Linux, the first thing I did was to do some research on the hardware that was supported (changed out what needed to be changed) and I have never "NOT" had my systems not work out of the box...now as this is based off Ubuntu, changes they make can get things messed up(ie. the nVidia issue) but then we usually get them worked out. You might consider what I do, when I find a version that works for me (mine is 1.9 for what I use it for) I stick with that version....1.9 is for me WinXP rock solid, without the cost...yeah, 2.5 is pretty rock solid too(have it on another machine) but if it ain't broken, why fix it?
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby mng519 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks deate,

I was just sitting here thinking about that very thing...how when I used 1.9, it seemed to be pretty good and maybe I would just try that one again. I got into linux a couple years ago, then got out of it, now I'm back for another go. I never really can get past being a noob though, I just can't seem to find a good centralized place with good instructions on how to do specific things.

I would come across what seemed like very good info, for example, on how to get ps3 media server running in linux. I followed the instructions, everything seemed to install, but still a no go. Stuff like that just seems to keep me in the newbie zone. I can spend days googling for info, but never really find anything that works. So I figure I'll just use windows to do the stuff I can't seem to get working correctly in linux.

I wish I did know the magic about linux to get everything working though, would be nice. Oh well, can't have everything. Thanks again.
mng519
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby Psycs » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Hello, I just started using Ultimate Edition 2.6 and love it. I'm have trouble getting my wireless card to connect to any secure and unsecured networks. When I try to connect to my secured network which is a WPA-Personal WPA2, it'll try and connect then tell me (Bad Password). My wireless card is a Rosewill RNX-N2X. I've been searching for a few days on fixing this issue, but haven't found a solution or really what I need to do to fix this.
Psycs
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Psycs wrote:Hello, I just started using Ultimate Edition 2.6 and love it. I'm have trouble getting my wireless card to connect to any secure and unsecured networks. When I try to connect to my secured network which is a WPA-Personal WPA2, it'll try and connect then tell me (Bad Password). My wireless card is a Rosewill RNX-N2X. I've been searching for a few days on fixing this issue, but haven't found a solution or really what I need to do to fix this.

Hi Psycs and welcome to the forum,

Have you tried manually configuring the wpa_supplicant as explained here ?
WPA2 network connection fail
;)
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby mng519 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:58 am

Not really a network issue, but couldn't really find where I would post this question otherwise.

Does anyone know where to find plugins for compiz fusion? Or themes for emerald theme manager? Thanks.
mng519
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:29 pm

mng519 wrote:Not really a network issue, but couldn't really find where I would post this question otherwise.

Does anyone know where to find plugins for compiz fusion? Or themes for emerald theme manager? Thanks.

I don't, but if anyone does it would probably be JOHNNYG and I'm sure he would spot your question if it was in
Compiz-Fusion: Believe the Unbelievable
He's one of the graphics guru's we're proud to have with us and I think he would pick up on it faster there than he would here.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:12 pm

mng519 wrote:Not really a network issue, but couldn't really find where I would post this question otherwise.

hello and welcome mng519 ! And special thanks to 2hot6ft2 for sending me a PM on this to bring it to my attention ! (Yes ,we do talk to each other around here to better help you ! ;) ) Sorry I missed your post ! :oops: Any how ! For the best in emerald themes ! http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xconten ... 30726b13f4 and as far as compiz pugins go TheeMahn 8-) Has worked out a deb for the 64 bit with 26 new plugins ! But alas the 32 bit has yet to be ironed out !so here is what you do ! go here,
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... BKP3ew_eaw
and follow his instructions ! (Hopefully TheeMahn 8-) Will have some time to get the 32 bit .deb up and running !
now, this might be a little dated ! But if you have any issues let me know ! I will try and do my best ;) to help ! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby SK9 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:35 am

Hello, I just installed Ultimate Edition 2.6. ...can u please tell me how to log into root? or how to become the superuser?

SK9
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)