Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Network issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:24 am

Hello to you all.

Admin-Amir

Re: Network issues post here please.

Postby razy60 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi,(said i would post here)
I have a intel 5300 agn wifi card in my laptop the issue's i have(this is the same in 10.04) is that when i eventualy got the card recognized it keeps asking for a default keyring, providing i set this with a password its fine, this is not the network password but a completly separate password i use my log in to keep it simple at the moment, if i dont set a password i cant get the card to be recognized. Also the only way i have been able to get the card recognized in the install is to first set it up on the live disc or usb it is then recognized and i can use it in the install.
So to get the card to work. in live cd set keyring pasword and network set up then install 2.6, it then works if the default keyring box pops up if not restart until it does it then recognizes the wifi card and off i go,(if i get graphics sorted)

Raz
O/S; U.E 2.6 64 bit, OSX, xp pro, Windows 7 64 bit
Mobo: Asus P6t
cpu, Intel i7 920
ram, 4Gb DDR3 G Skill 1600 ripjaw
lan, realtek rtl8211b
sound, realtek 1200 hd + ati Hd audio
gpu, Asus EAH 5870 1Gb
HDD, OCZ Vertex 2 60GB ssd(OS) 2 x 250 GB(in raid0 for progs) 2x 1TB samsung (storage)
Wireless keyboard Logitek wave
Mouse: Microsoft X8 sidewinder
Display: sharp 42" lcd 1080p tv via hdmi
Laptop:
Dell studio 1557 7 pro x64& Ultimate Edition 2.7 32bit
i7 720 multi core cpu
4GB 1333mhz ram
INtel 5300 agn 802.11n wifi adaptor
Ati radeon HD 4570 512mb gpu
320GB 7200 HDD
1920x1080 screen
1x low opinion of this laptop
razy60
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Mon May 03, 2010 10:50 am

OK this is tweaky. I have known good ethernet and 802.11g wireless on my Dell Latitude D510, but not on my newly installed 2.6 install. I am starting it on the live disk to see if there is access in the LIve Disk....

And yes it works in the LIve Disk. so I somehow have to re-install the drivers off the Live disk. Suggestions?
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby billhedrick » Mon May 03, 2010 1:12 pm

OK reinstalling the system did not fix the problem, the drivers or whatever are simply not loading. Need some serious help here, what files should install from the DVD?
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby razy60 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:30 pm

billhedrick wrote:OK reinstalling the system did not fix the problem, the drivers or whatever are simply not loading. Need some serious help here, what files should install from the DVD?

Not sure i can give you serious help but in the live cd did your network ask for a default keyring password, mine did both in 2.6 & 10.04, i also opened network connections and did some basic settings SSID, password ect. not sure it helped but when i rebooted it then asked for the default keyring password and i was connected similar happened in the install, the other thing that caused it to fail though was when i installed the ati drivers and dropped to the low graphics mode it would not open network manager at all, so until i get the graphics issue sorted no 2.6 on my laptop have to make do with vanilla 10.04.

Raz
O/S; U.E 2.6 64 bit, OSX, xp pro, Windows 7 64 bit
Mobo: Asus P6t
cpu, Intel i7 920
ram, 4Gb DDR3 G Skill 1600 ripjaw
lan, realtek rtl8211b
sound, realtek 1200 hd + ati Hd audio
gpu, Asus EAH 5870 1Gb
HDD, OCZ Vertex 2 60GB ssd(OS) 2 x 250 GB(in raid0 for progs) 2x 1TB samsung (storage)
Wireless keyboard Logitek wave
Mouse: Microsoft X8 sidewinder
Display: sharp 42" lcd 1080p tv via hdmi
Laptop:
Dell studio 1557 7 pro x64& Ultimate Edition 2.7 32bit
i7 720 multi core cpu
4GB 1333mhz ram
INtel 5300 agn 802.11n wifi adaptor
Ati radeon HD 4570 512mb gpu
320GB 7200 HDD
1920x1080 screen
1x low opinion of this laptop
razy60
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby billhedrick » Mon May 03, 2010 2:19 pm

No It didnt ask me. I am thinking I should dload a new copy of the 32 bit distro and burn a fresh copy if there is no workable solution
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon May 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Hello to you all PPL.

OK let me break it down for you.
If you install the system with eth0 - cable - then the eth0 will not work after the Restart of your machine
After the installation process you will not be able to configure the eth0!!
Now if you will make the installation with eth1 - modem/router then you will have no problems After the
Restart of the machine.
Well it looks like bug - it is not from our side - more like the Ubuntu side!
So there is no need to Download the ISO again,just work from the start with the modem/router - eth1.
you will have to insert your Hidden Network name and pass - After you have configure your modem/router
to have the wireless connection+pass+Network Name.
Then on the Desktop with the live CD - make the configuration to your Hidden Network,
Then start the process of the installation of Ultimate Edition
Hope it will solve the Question that you have here.'

Good luck.
Admin-Amir

Postby billhedrick » Mon May 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks Admin-Amir this is promising. Go9ng to try it. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1432495
indicates that this may be fixed in the Kernal update.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon May 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Hello billhedrick and you welcome.

I have working on this issue for 3 days now,
And all test on our side are just fine - this BTW - kill the Acer machines from getting the network on.
So here is your solution to get your Network to work for you.
Admin-Amir

Postby billhedrick » Mon May 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Not seeing how to set it to eth1, I am disconnecting the ethernet cable and reinstalling it with no active ethernet connection.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)