Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

2.4 Hi new here keychain issues [SOLVED]

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.4

2.4 Hi new here keychain issues [SOLVED]

Postby sbreba » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi all I am new to this system it is awesome but I keep getting message to unlock keychain. Is there a way to change the keychain password without having the original? Confused
sbreba
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Re: 2.4 Hi new here keychain issues

Postby Clueless » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 am

Hello and welcome <BREW> ,
Someone cleverer :geek: than me might be around shortly, but is your system set to logon automatically when you boot up? If so your keychain will not be unlocked. The default keychain password is the same as your login and the password you use for administrative tasks.
The safest way is to set your login to request a user & password (the default setting) on boot, I'm not on my machine and I can't remember where you changen it. I imagine the administration or preferences menu.
The other way would be to have a blank keychain password, again I can't help you there without my machine :roll:

P.S. Yep, it's pretty awesome.
Laptop; Acer - Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2Ghz, 3G DDR2 Ram, Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64, Western 250G SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS, Blu-Ray Optical Drive
Docked; Maxtor 500G HD, Creative 24bit Sound Card, NAD 3240PE Amp, Cyrus 781 Speakers

Nothing is true, everything is permissible - Hassan bin Sabbah
Clueless
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby sbreba » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi thank you very much it still asks for admin password to unlock keychain and nothing works. Why didn't I know about Ubuntu years ago? Cheers
sbreba
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Clueless » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:32 am

I'm assuming that your are logging on normally (you are asked for a login name & password when you first start up).
When you say 'nothing works' have definitely tried your admin password? This is the password you were required to set up when you installed Ultimate Edition.
Also when are you being asked? Is while trying to access a wireless network? A bit more infomation would be good.
I have never had any problems with this so my knowledge on this is limited, but after a quick look on Google I see you are not the only one (which is often a good thing!) but my net time is limited so didn't investgate further. Some peoples issues were wireless network related.
Laptop; Acer - Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2Ghz, 3G DDR2 Ram, Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64, Western 250G SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS, Blu-Ray Optical Drive
Docked; Maxtor 500G HD, Creative 24bit Sound Card, NAD 3240PE Amp, Cyrus 781 Speakers

Nothing is true, everything is permissible - Hassan bin Sabbah
Clueless
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby sbreba » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:04 pm

I am on the network and internet it is the keychain authorize password. I didn't install it I got the computer on a trade from a guy who claims there was no other passwords I cannot get password from original install
sbreba
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby deate » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 am

If they didn't give you the original password, you might try this...http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby sbreba » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:02 pm

That is awesome I have been looking for that for 3 dAys.I can't wait to get home and try it I will let you know.thanks
sbreba
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby sbreba » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:37 am

It worked thank you so much!!!!!! Problem solved
sbreba
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.4