Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Extras in Ultimate Edition 2.4

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.4

Extras in Ultimate Edition 2.4

Postby hariks0 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Hey All,

What are the extras in Ultimate Edition 2.4 ? Can somebody give an item wise list of all additions compared to Karmik [9.10].
Is there a source to get the x86 iso.torrent to download Ultimate Edition 2.4.

Thank you for your replies.
How to setup Windoze equivalent keyboard shortcuts with ccsm.
P DC 3.00 MHz
2.5 GB DDR2
250 GB SATA
17" CRT
and of course :) U E 2.5 32bit and W7u.
hariks0
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 64 BIT

Re: Extras in Ultimate Edition 2.4

Postby hariks0 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:06 am

jrphorbin wrote:
hariks0 wrote:What are the extras in Ultimate Edition 2.4 ? Can somebody give an item wise list of all additions compared to Karmik [9.10]

hariks0,

Ultimate edition came up #1 in ultimate edition search on Wiki.
Here's that link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Edition
To read the "Comparison with Ubuntu" select the Ultimate Edition link #1 there, then you will see the Comparison link.
But as you see with this Ultamatix, everything(extras) is here ready to be selected for install. No need to search/acquire/make/install......its kinda ...convenient ;)

Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4034

I hope it helps

Thank you very much. Please tell me if Free Download Manager could be used in Ultimate Edition through WINE or Play on Linux [ Not in Windoze in VB]
P DC 3.00 MHz
2.5 GB DDR2
250 GB SATA
17" CRT
hariks0
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Driver » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:30 am

hariks0 wrote:Thank you very much. Please tell me if Free Download Manager could be used in Ultimate Edition through WINE or Play on Linux [ Not in Windoze in VB]

Here are a couple of things that I just read on FDM's web blog.

Anandan. N wrote:Well actually I was struggling to get download manager on linux.. But thanks to WINE . I successfully installed fdm on linux inside wine. Just one exception that u need to copy a missing dll file into the fdm directory.. if you guys need help on this; i am glad to help u ([email protected])

Recommending an alternative for Linux:
robbage wrote:Look at Downloader for X (D4X) for linux. It isn’t FDM but not bad. With the GPL, maybe some good people will contribute to a version for X? Then we can stop using the Firefox downloader completely :)

Sarfaraz wrote:Hello ppl there exists a wonderful download manager for linux..rather for firefox its a ff plugin called as down em all check it out itw awesome

EDIT: Also, Google just told me about SKDownloader which has a linux version:
Features of SKDownloader – Download Accelerator for Linux Ubuntu

1. Downloading the same file in parts simultaneously to maximize speed.
    2. Resume Supported.
    3. Supports redirection.
    4. HTTP and FTP & Proxy support.
    5. Scheduling support with Internet Explorer and Firefox integration.
    6. Auto updater for both linux and windows* Graphical and Command line versions available with Graphical version having command line interface inbuilt.
    7. Easy installers for Linux and Windows.
Code: Select all
http://www.blogsdna.com/4390/skdownloader-download-accelerator-for-linux-windows.htm

It appears that there are some download managers available in Linux if one does not wish to use Wine to run a "Windows" version.
Driver "Driving you over the edge..."

Laptop: HP dv6226 - T2250 1.7gHz Pentium Dual-Core, 1gig, Intel (non-)graphics, Mint 14 Xfce 32-bit, MS Windows Vista Premium DOA
Desktop: Old AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.792gHz, 1.256gig, nVidia 5200fx 128meg, a new used hard drive awaiting an OS
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 3200 (MIA)
Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier: Epson Artisan 810 (Awesome & works in linux!)
Phone: Defy XT Android no-contract $19/mo. unlimited talk/text/data (thanks, Republic Wireless!)
Scanner: Radio Shack PRO-2042 made by GRE (STOLEN - thief, I've got a bullet with your name on it)
Driver
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby hariks0 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:02 am

jrphorbin wrote:
hariks0 wrote:What are the extras in Ultimate Edition 2.4 ? Can somebody give an item wise list of all additions compared to Karmik [9.10]

hariks0,

Ultimate edition came up #1 in ultimate edition search on Wiki.
Here's that link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Edition
To read the "Comparison with Ubuntu" select the Ultimate Edition link #1 there, then you will see the Comparison link.
But as you see with this Ultamatix, everything(extras) is here ready to be selected for install. No need to search/acquire/make/install......its kinda ...convenient ;)

Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4034

I hope it helps

BTW, I visted the wikipage about Ultimate Edition and it had a link to an article DEFAMING Ultimate Edition. It was really a crap ! But I have a good question from there. It says the odd version numbers has GDM,KDE and xface installed by defaul. Does this mean that Ultimate Edition 2.4 does not have all the UIs ?

Also I was able to install Free Download Manager in wine after installing winetrix and mfc42.

Thank you.
P DC 3.00 MHz
2.5 GB DDR2
250 GB SATA
17" CRT
hariks0
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:54 am

PPL here is one more option for you.
The site generate Key+source for Karmic 9.10 very easy to follow:
http://repogen.simplylinux.ch/
Admin-Amir

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:21 pm

hariks0 wrote:Is there a source to get the x86 iso.torrent to download Ultimate Edition 2.4.

There are 2 torrents for it that I have found here
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=ultimate+edition+2+4+x86&cat=0

I am seeding both so take your pick. Personally I would go with the one that has the most seeders. ;)
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Driver » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:14 pm

2hot6ft2 wrote:
hariks0 wrote:Is there a source to get the x86 iso.torrent to download Ultimate Edition 2.4.

There are 2 torrents for it that I have found here
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=ultimate+edition+2+4+x86&cat=0

I am seeding both so take your pick. Personally I would go with the one that has the most seeders. ;)

Do they both have the correct md5sum? I was playing on my fresh install and decided to reinstall since it was fresh. Turns out that's where my torrent files were, so I've got to grab a fresh one for each (32/64 bit) so I can get back to sharing.

Or would a torrent for a file with a different md5sum... Would my torrent application be able to recognize that it doesn't match - and therefore is not a correct bit-for-bit copy of the official ISO, and not try to share my file with it?
Driver "Driving you over the edge..."

Laptop: HP dv6226 - T2250 1.7gHz Pentium Dual-Core, 1gig, Intel (non-)graphics, Mint 14 Xfce 32-bit, MS Windows Vista Premium DOA
Desktop: Old AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.792gHz, 1.256gig, nVidia 5200fx 128meg, a new used hard drive awaiting an OS
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 3200 (MIA)
Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier: Epson Artisan 810 (Awesome & works in linux!)
Phone: Defy XT Android no-contract $19/mo. unlimited talk/text/data (thanks, Republic Wireless!)
Scanner: Radio Shack PRO-2042 made by GRE (STOLEN - thief, I've got a bullet with your name on it)
Driver
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby hariks0 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 am

jrphorbin wrote:
BTW, I visted the wikipage about Ultimate Edition and it had a link to an article DEFAMING Ultimate Edition. It was really a crap ! But I have a good question from there. It says the odd version numbers has GDM,KDE and xface installed by defaul. Does this mean that Ultimate Edition 2.4 does not have all the UIs ?

Also I was able to install Free Download Manager in wine after installing winetrix and mfc42.

Thank you.

hariks0, ;)

Yes you're right, at login screen we have the option to login to 3 different enviorments: KDE, GNOME, and Xfce. At the login screen , select "session" from the right side of login screen. There you have the choice of those three.

AdminAmir, thank you very much for that link to the Ubuntu source, my link list is growing to substantial lengths. <BREW>

Thank you but kindly be specific.

In which Ultimate Edition version are all three available out of the DVD? 2.3 [odd number] or 2.4 ?

Hariks0
P DC 3.00 MHz
2.5 GB DDR2
250 GB SATA
17" CRT
hariks0
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby hariks0 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:46 am

jrphorbin wrote:hariks0,

:oops: :oops: I had installed and set up my local samba shares here with the new Ultimate Edition 2.4 once it came out and enjoyed it for the day. I have been so busy here that I had not checked out the "GDM Login" screen at all.......it has not been turned off since I installed it. Therefore all the advice I've been giving you about the options to environment was bogus in regards to the 2.4 edition. The Ultimate Edition 2.3 stands correct.
I am sorry for the confusion. :oops: I am truly embarrassed and hope I never let that happen again. I will have 1st hand knowledge before I advise again. My apologies.

Here is the link to TheeMahn's fix for the Karmic GDM login screen....viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4124

JR

<BREW>
No problem buddy! Any way I thank you for your reply. I will wait for Ultimate Edition 2.5 [odd number] which will have all the enviorments [Won't there be?]. Can you tell me
1. what does the 2.5 GB DVD contains if the Ultimate Edition 2.4 does not have all Login Environments?
2. How you reply without quoting my message.
3. When is Ultimate Edition 2.5 supposed to release.

Thanks ! Hariks0
P DC 3.00 MHz
2.5 GB DDR2
250 GB SATA
17" CRT
hariks0
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.4