Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Graphics-Nvidia issues?Post here please.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.4

Re: Graphics-Nvidia issues?Post here please.

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:08 am

<BREW> :D ImageImageImageImageImage :D :D :D
Admin-Amir

Postby happymcc » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:32 am

I am relatively new so take that into account
I have an HP laptop that came with Vista which was unusable
I switched to Linux and had trouble getting my wifi to work but no troubles now
But have had trouble with color balance which has been somewhat annoying
To change my screen resolution I am asked to use the Nvidia tool box
When I opened it one day I noticed the color was balanced , as long as I leave it open
that color is just fine , If I close it my display shifts to the red .
BTW Ultimate Edition Rocks :D
happymcc
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby DarkChild » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:31 am

Did you try to configure and save the settings with the NVidia tool? If not i will suggest doing just that!!
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby kkm » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:52 am

Hi guys,

Now nVidia has known about the 6 mini screen problem and they have removed that bug in their next version driver. You can download that from their web site. Version of the driver is 190.53. For installing it you have to reboot you machine in recovery mode. Drop to 'root shell' go to the directory where the driver file is residing. then

# ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.53-pkg1.run

After that

# exit

then resume the normal boot. You won't have to edit the xorg.conf file to enter -> Option "ModeValidaton" "NoTotalSizeCheck", because nVidia has done that for us. A more detailed description you can find at "http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2116312" (A flavour specific one).

But the screen flickering problem after logout/switching user/changing terminal exists. I think thats the main problem I am facing.
kkm
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Postby kkm » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 pm

nvidia has released beta drivers. you can find out at "ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/195.36.03/". I installed NVIDIA-Linux-x86-195.36.03-pkg0.run and now every thing is fine. No fuzzy screen any more.
kkm
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Postby billhedrick » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:54 am

how do you run that? (pardon the n00bishness)
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 am

sorry should have read more!
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby billhedrick » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:26 pm

sorry, still don't understand how to up date the driver. could I get a step by step? Or directions to one?
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby g0O » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Howzit, uhm... new to linux, but i'm not helpless, I'll try find my own answers... generally. But to no avail this time. Anyways,

I've downloaded a nvidia driver 190.53(have the evga 9600 ko..), and its said to be certified. When trying to integrate/oncorporate/install, I have found out and read a bit about the terminal, using the root, even loging into the root as a user. I did the latter, and came close to installing, but it came with the error about running x-server or something(will try again today).

Main question:
Coming back to the terminal, when I right click on it(copied the dl'ed file to desktop)and say run in terminal, it brings up the root thing(Error bla bla must run as root...) I tried using the terminal, and get stuck to how to choose that driver sitting on my desktop..(I'l keep trying and give u guys feedback)

2nd question:
These are the installation instructions from nvidia:

====="""Installation instructions: Once you have downloaded the driver, change to the directory containing the driver package and install the driver by running, as root, sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.53-pkg2.run

One of the last installation steps will offer to update your X configuration file. Either accept that offer, edit your X configuration file manually so that the NVIDIA X driver will be used, or run nvidia-xconfig"""========

How exactly do I "change to the directory containing the driver package and install the driver by running, as root, sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.53-pkg2.run"? This probably contains the meat of the question(s) and the answer might help me. And the whole xconfig thing I saw mentioned in this forum topic will be taken care of by the driver package right?

Oh, and a question to the admins, why wasnt there a option to choose Ultimate Edition 2.4 as my OS?

I have Ultimate Edition 2.4 64-bit, just for reference. Oh and thanks in advance to any and all answers I get, and there will be plenty more thanking...

Oh,when i tried doing it via the terminal as root... I get the error message running as x server and that i must exit that first.. any help or ideas?
Last edited by g0O on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
g0O
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby g0O » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Allrighty... I have read all posts on this topic, and others... I get the general understanding of what I need to do, but I won't try until I've rebuilt my Vista Loader(I have read a thread on how to do it), it's currently in progress with and just waiting to get my Ultimate Edition 2.4 64bit disc back on Monday).

The only problem I see is that(once my MS: OS works) is that my graphics become all messed(look on pg 2 of this topic for a description of what happens to 64-bit Nvidia users of my current Ultimate Edition version(this might include previous Ultimate Edition versions)). Should I go ahead anyways?
Last edited by g0O on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------
Hardware
--------------------------------
Biostar TF560 A2+ Am2
Amd Phenom 9600 Quad Black Edition 2.3GHz
EVGA: Nvidia Geforce 9600GT KO .
Ram: Kingston 1x 2GB DDR2 800
1 WD 80GB hd (2 Partitions for dualbooting OS's)
1 WD 250GB hd

--------------------
OS'S
--------------------
Ultimate Edition 2.4
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
==========================================================================

Life is but a snow-ball rolling down a mountain side... Nothing is set in stone... Live for change, don't live for settling down.
g0O
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.4