Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Dolphin columns - last access

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Dolphin columns - last access

Postby linuxux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:29 am

Good choice with Dolphin in 2.3.
I like that it is just a file manager, adding web stuff is too much.
I figured out how to make it stop executing on single click (KDE system settings under mouse/keyboard)
I got an up folder button by adding it to the toolbar (nautilus didn't allow editing the toolbar ?!) tho I'd rather have it right next to the path.
Also put show hidden files on the toolbar. Nautilus devs should really have a look at editable toolbars.

How do I add Last Accessed / Created column?
linuxux
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Dolphin columns - last access

Postby linuxux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:18 pm

I spent a lot of time googling before I post.
That link does not show how to display last access date column.

There must be some hidden way to fix this, like how gedit has important settings hidden in gnome-conf.
linuxux
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Hello linuxux

Take A look here please:
http://ubuntuguide.net/how-to-know-last ... -in-ubuntu
Admin-Amir

Postby linuxux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Admin-Amir wrote:Hello linuxux

Take A look here please:
http://ubuntuguide.net/how-to-know-last ... -in-ubuntu

I don't see the relevance. I'm talking about adding a column in Dolphin to show the last access date (like just about every other explorer since the 8086) so how is a command line date display solving this?

I can use nautilus or something else but DOLPHIN is supposed to be the default file manager for KDE, and I suspect this issue is directly resolvable without a workaround.
linuxux
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Settings -> Configure Dolphin ->View Modes. Select the Details tab and you have a bit of control over the columns. Note that these will only work if you're in the Details view mode.
Admin-Amir

Postby linuxux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Admin-Amir wrote:Settings -> Configure Dolphin ->View Modes. Select the Details tab and you have a bit of control over the columns. Note that these will only work if you're in the Details view mode.

Maybe your Dolphin is different than mine?
View Modes -> Details shows:
Icon Size
Font
Expandable folders.
There is nothing at all about what columns might show up.
linuxux
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby linuxux » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 am

Blackwolf wrote:http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/krusader_one_file_manager_rule_them_all

Works for me.

This one looks awesome.
Just have to figure out how to make the right side show the contents of the folder selected on the left side, and I'm hooked.
linuxux
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby linuxux » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:24 am

Krusader has all the file-display columns, but doesn't have proper folder display modes. Almost - the popup panel shows folders below the file list, and updates the files but changing folders on the files list does not update the folders list. And I don't like it below. If there is a way to set it the way I like, it is not intuitive, and I didn't see it in the krusader config.

I like the way Nautilus and Dolphin have split left panel for files, bookmarks, locations.

Nautilus has last file access, also has scripting, a super intuitive interface, you can change icons in the properties menu, and the 'open with' includes wine program launcher. Would be better if the scripts could be displayed directly on the context menu instead of in the scripts folder (this could probably be done but it isn't setup to be done through the interface)

Dolphin detail view columns has only one time-date option, its missing last access / created dates. It also does not have the icon-change option in file properties. And it also does not have wine-launcher as an default option for dos files (you would have to figure out the command line)

Konqueror - I'm going to look at this one some more, but I really don't like that they put web and local files into the same interface. It wont let me drop a mounted device from \media into the bookmarks.... so... I guess its just bookmarks for the internet. I'd like to see local file bookmarks (like locations?) and a webless build. Maybe there is an addon for locations, but it really should be default... (edit)(Later when I opened Konq, one bookmark had been created, and it looked nice, but when I try to add more, it shows file:///<full path> without a context option to rename.)

All very nice, but none are the one and only.
linuxux
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:41 am

linuxux

see if that help you with solution to the problem:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-r ... tomounting
Admin-Amir

Postby linuxux » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:55 am

I did figure out how to add bookmarks to Konq with better names, it would be 100x better if add bookmark were on file/folders context menus and it would assume the name = the folder name on drag-drop. Nautilus is OK about this, Dolphin is great. For something many users are going to use quite often, I think this should receive close dev attention.
linuxux
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3