Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Feature/App/Idea's request's

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Re: Feature/App/Idea's request's

Postby DarkChild » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:55 pm

brute wrote:I guess when I look at many gnome distros they all look alike. A new menu style not necessarily like mint's but it would be nice. A real control panel, I know when I first tried to find Icons and pointers it was tricky.

I did notice with Kde they at least have things somewhat more organized. There should be a direct access to gconf-editor as it seems icons are never on desktop that you need. Nice sleek artwork..not to explosive, I noticed in 2.2 I could barely see the progress bar at all. I did try Ubuntu Smooth from Gnome-look and it looks really nice, it is simple an accurate in movement. These are suggestions only.

Thanks for your feedback brute. We welcome & appreciate all feedbacks, good or bad!!

darkchild666
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:02 am

Install Wajig in Ubuntu

sudo apt-get install wajig

This will complete the installation if you want to open this you can use GUI tool using the following command

gjig

Once it opens you should see the following screen

Thanks to:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/cleaning-up-a ... buntu.html
Admin-Amir

Postby TREDCAT » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:14 pm

I think a great addition to 2.3 would be q7z which is a add on to 7-zip that provides a gui within the context menu options (I think it gives you a list of options in the scripts menu) which makes managing compressed files very convenient. Sad to say but it provides the kind of functionality and usability that comes standard in the windows gui environment and should almost be a prerequisite for as fine a operating system as Ultimate Edition. Thats just one idea, also if someone knows of another program that provides similar or better usability in ubuntu (other than "archive manager" of course) let me know, but for my tlme I really think 7-zip is the best archive management and compression utility out there. I just wish they could build the context menu options into the linux version of their software like they do with windows, sadly though they dont.
TREDCAT
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby DarkChild » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:22 pm

TREDCAT wrote:I think a great addition to 2.3 would be q7z which is a add on to 7-zip that provides a gui within the context menu options (I think it gives you a list of options in the scripts menu) which makes managing compressed files very convenient. Sad to say but it provides the kind of functionality and usability that comes standard in the windows gui environment and should almost be a prerequisite for as fine a operating system as Ultimate Edition. Thats just one idea, also if someone knows of another program that provides similar or better usability in ubuntu (other than "archive manager" of course) let me know, but for my tlme I really think 7-zip is the best archive management and compression utility out there. I just wish they could build the context menu options into the linux version of their software like they do with windows, sadly though they dont.

Hello TREDCAT.

Here is a nice substitution for 7zip or an alternative: One of the good things about PeaZip is that, it as a GUI & have full support for: 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, Bzip2, Gzip, PEA, split TAR and ZIP. There is also a deb for easy installation for noobs!!

PeaZip 2.6.2
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Archiving/PeaZip-19508.shtml
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby jai » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:23 am

Hi,
A few one from my side too ;)

Back in time
Wajig (Thanks Amir)
GnomeArtNG
Mirage
Opera 10 b2/3
Awesum
Media Info
g2Any2DVD
Decibel Player
SmartPM(why not alternative here ;) )
FuriousISO mount
APTonCD

ok...remaining items later ;)

May I also request an improved feature rich context menu.
Can we replace Gnome menu with Gnomenu in standard install. That will be a beautiful change.
Plz also give light color theme , just for a change. Ultimate Edition 2.3's default theme (Azenis actually) with red tint did not go well with me.
May I suggest that we have some great artist adorning this forum and they can definitely develop gorgeous artwork for us. Hi JOHNNG ;)

Thanks...
Last edited by Blackwolf on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JOHNNYG Spelling
Intel Core2Duo
Intel DG33FB board
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
320 GB SATA
Onboard Sound & Network

"I am here to learn what you know and share what I know"
Image Image
jai

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3