Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Error while uninstall Ultimate 2.2 theme in Ubuntu Karmic

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

Error while uninstall Ultimate 2.2 theme in Ubuntu Karmic

Postby yogieza » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 am

Hi,
i have problem in may ubuntu karmic after installing ultimate edition 2.2 Installing process of ultimate 2.2. is succes & my desktop looking nice.i remember when ultimate edition 2.5 theme is available in here & i start to download this theme & finished.my plan is uninstall ultimate 2.2 & replace with ultimate 2.5
i am to try to uninstall ultimate editon 2.2 via Synaptic in my Ubuntu karmic & here looking error in uninstall process.i am to try uninstall ultimate theme via terminal & in there show error uninstall process.i am try to install ultimate 2.2 theme again & warning of error is show again.the effect of this error is i cannot install any application.
here is picture of error in my Ubuntu Karmic

maybe anyone on here know the solution of my problem, please share with me :D
and i am sorry for my bad english :D .thanx a lot
yogieza
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Re: Error while uninstall Ultimate 2.2 theme in Ubuntu Karmic

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:44 am

Hello yogieza and welcome to the U.E Forum. ;)

OK the issue that you have is not with the Themes of the U.E systems,
The issue is with changing the Themes on your system.
So to solve the issue just right click on your Desktop=>change Desktop Background =>Themes=>what ever you like there - just mark the Themes that you like.
you do not have to uninstall the Themes of Ultimate Edition

Now the issue that you have on the system is with the Themes that not match for your system 9.10,
you can install the Themes of U.E 2.5 and it will be Just fine on your Desktop.
Hope this will solve the issue for you.

welcome to the U.E Forum yogieza. :D
Admin-Amir

Postby yogieza » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:29 am

Admin-Amir wrote:OK the issue that you have is not with the Themes of the U.E systems,
The issue is with changing the Themes on your system.
So to solve the issue just right click on your Desktop=>change Desktop Background =>Themes=>what ever you like there - just mark the Themes that you like.
you do not have to uninstall the Themes of Ultimate Edition

Now the issue that you have on the system is with the Themes that not match for your system 9.10,
you can install the Themes of U.E 2.5 and it will be Just fine on your Desktop.
Hope this will solve the issue for you.

thanx for your reply :D

but actually i am already uninstall this theme.if i know when this step not uninstall this theme i wil not uninstall it
i am already install utimate 2.4 for follow your step & its appear a same warning.until now i still cannot install software from internet.
here this picture

yogieza
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:49 am

Hello yogieza.

It looks like Ubuntu make some changes on there systems with the Themes to add.
If you would like to have my Advice - then use parted magic , Delete your HDD and make fresh install with Ultimate Edition
There is no need to have Ubuntu + U.E on the same HDD.
U.E cover all the good things that you will need on your machine with no issues that you do not need to have.
there are no " canonical " issues, all will work for you on the best way - and very comfortable - user friendly system.
This is my Advice to you.
Admin-Amir

Postby yogieza » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:04 am

Admin-Amir wrote:Hello yogieza.

It looks like Ubuntu make some changes on there systems with the Themes to add.
If you would like to have my Advice - then use parted magic , Delete your HDD and make fresh install with Ultimate Edition
There is no need to have Ubuntu + U.E on the same HDD.
U.E cover all the good things that you will need on your machine with no issues that you do not need to have.
there are no " canonical " issues, all will work for you on the best way - and very comfortable - user friendly system.
This is my Advice to you.

thanx for your reply :D
i think the last solution is like your say, begin fresh install again.i think when no one solution for fix this problem, i will install it.
but i still search on internet, maybe the solution is available.i want to ask, when Ultimate Edition 2.6 have released?because i will use Ultimate Edition 2.6 on my PC :D
thanx again for Admin-Amir for your reply
yogieza
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:15 am

Hi yogieza.

First you very welcome.
The U.E 2.6 will be Released after the Ubuntu 10.04 will be Released on the 29 of April.
I just can't give you the exact day this is TheeMahn part to Announce on the Release.
so any way it is coming very soon.
But the idea is to give you some time to work with U.E before the 2.6 will arrive ,
so you will have the time to work with the system and not thinking once again on the Ubuntu Distro after that.
If you like Ubuntu - you will Glad to change your system to U.E - you can cunt on it.
There is allot to fix on the Ubuntu Distro, so if you like to play with fixing fine with me,
But if you like Real Distro = go for the process that I have Guide you and you will not be sorry for that. ;)
Admin-Amir

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.2