Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

HELP WITH INTERNET SOUND

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

HELP WITH INTERNET SOUND

Postby KnightsTemplar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Hello all this being my first post I'd like to say I'm a newb with ubuntu. I really like this distro alot it has taught me alot. This forum has been very informative...

OK on to my problem...
I had no sound from the get go. I did my research an followed the directions from this post ( http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3068 ). Totally helpful I did get login sounds & music player working. But i still cannot hear anything on the net such as Youtube , Dailymedia , & Google videos ect.... I am and have been researching google but I am lost. Can someone out there help me tell me what specific steps to take to remedy the situation Ty in advance for your time.

Edit:
URL Link coded by darkchild666
- Chance Favors The Prepared Mind -

Dual Boot - Ultimate Ubuntu 2.2 & Vista Ultimate Sp2
Desktop - ATX Midtower Case with 450 Watt PSU
Motherboard - ECS GF6100-M754
Processor - AMD Sempron 3300+ 2.0 Ghz
Graphics - Nvidia GeForce 6150 nForce 430
Audio - Creative Sound Blaster PC512 Version 5.1.2603.0
Ram - 1.5GB of Corsair Value Select :(
KnightsTemplar
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: HELP WITH INTERNET SOUND

Postby KnightsTemplar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:26 am

Since posting I've been doing nothing but researching an messing with settings, reading tutorials & guessing...

Symptoms: No login sounds
No system sounds
No sounds from Internet youtube / dailymedia / google videos ect
Strangely I can play music from my windows partition :/

I did try what jrphorbin had suggested yet no sound... I even rebooted thinking maybe I had to do that to implement it. Also I am not sure if the system sounds are working I hear null output :/ ( So confused )

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zeyr0p.png <-- I dont know how to post a pic like u did sorry

So I'm thinking I will post what my current settings as sound as screen shots to maybe provide further information...Tell me what I must do what information is needed what steps to take. I really want to make this work... I would like to help others as others have helped me.. I really do appreciate any and all help received Ty again for your patience with me...
- Chance Favors The Prepared Mind -

Dual Boot - Ultimate Ubuntu 2.2 & Vista Ultimate Sp2
Desktop - ATX Midtower Case with 450 Watt PSU
Motherboard - ECS GF6100-M754
Processor - AMD Sempron 3300+ 2.0 Ghz
Graphics - Nvidia GeForce 6150 nForce 430
Audio - Creative Sound Blaster PC512 Version 5.1.2603.0
Ram - 1.5GB of Corsair Value Select :(
KnightsTemplar
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:36 am

Hi KnightsTemplar.
well the sound server is on auto detect of alsa sound system!
go to synaptic=>search for - pulse audio+pulse gstreamer,
mark the 2 packages to un install.
then go to your mixer=>right muse and =>open sound control=> advance,
then mark all the cubes there with mark =>close the sound control after that.
then restart your machine.

Admin-Amir

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi jrphorbin.
First I thank you for your post in EN for the users on the site.
And I'm happy for you that things want fine for you and you have the sound on. ;)

Amir.
Admin-Amir

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.2