Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

No sound in flash videos?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

No sound in flash videos?

Postby pompeyrodney » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Could anyone please advise what is necessary to get sound in my flash videos, I have sound in other programs incidentally.
AMD Phenom X2 555 @ 3.5 GTX 460 Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers.
pompeyrodney
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: No sound in flash videos?

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi pompeyrodney .
That can happens if you do not have the support in the flash video plug in.
see if you have install the package's that in the snap shots.
And see if all the avi+theora+ffmpeg+lame instal on your machine.

Admin-Amir

Postby down8ve » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:44 am

I'll come at this via another angle.

I have a B-flat (rather common) system, in Linux it registers as an HDA Intel-ALC880. I'm using PulseAudio, not the most favored way to go in these parts, but so far it is working better for me than full ALSA or OSS. I was getting some conflicts when using more than one sound app at once with those, and was not knowledgeable enough to fix them.

My Sound Preferences are shown in the first image. I had no sound in flash, at least consistently, without these settings.

I also have the PulseAudio Applet running in my upper task bar. This enables me to adjust the volumes between the various apps and such. To launch it, look for "PulseAudio Device Chooser" under Sound & Video Applications. You may have to use Synaptic to install. The second shot is the volume control in action.

I'll see if this continues to work after suspending to ram, which has been an issue in the past.
Attachments
sound1a.jpeg
sound2.jpeg
down8ve
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby down8ve » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:05 am

Nope, no sound at all after suspending to ram. Sorry about that, but it does come back after reboot.
down8ve
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby down8ve » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Now I've fixed the whole thing, including sound (via PulseAudio) working after the PC is suspended.

Go to =>System =>Administration =>Users and Groups.Click "Unlock," enter your password.

Click on the "Manage Groups" button. In the window that appears, click the "Add Group" button and create a group called "audio." Click in a check mark next to your name, giving you membership to that group. Click "OK," then close the "Groups Settings" window.

Now select your name in the "Users Settings" window and press "Properties." In the new window click on the "User Privileges" tab. There you will should see an entry named "Use audio devices" checked. You may see two if you tried another approach before, don't worry about it.

Now go open Nautilus at your Home directory, choose "Show Hidden Files" under the "View" menu. Delete the .pulse file.

Reboot, and you should be able to configure pulseaudio correctly.
down8ve
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.2