Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Black Screen with Prompt(SOLVED)

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

Black Screen with Prompt(SOLVED)

Postby Flanker37 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:33 pm

I thought i would download this & give it a try as i like ubuntu, but am still pretty much a novice.

When i load this disk, i just get a black screen with a prompt. I tried "root" but that doesnt do anything.

how do i get to the desktop?
Flanker37
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Re: Black Screen with Prompt

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi Flanker37 .

there is 2 problems that I can see with the install of your system.

1- your file system is with MS file system (fat32-ntfs).
2- you did not chose the vesa driver for default.(you mate have ATI).

you have to make your hard drive unformatted/unallocated.
Linux will format the drive in the installation process.
Admin-Amir

Postby DarkChild » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Flanker37 wrote:I thought i would download this & give it a try as i like ubuntu, but am still pretty much a novice.

When i load this disk, i just get a black screen with a prompt. I tried "root" but that doesnt do anything.

how do i get to the desktop?

Hello Flanker37. Welcome to the Ultimate Edition Board.

First thing first, you need to list your system/computer specifications so that we can better help trouble shoot your problem!!

darkchild666
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby deate » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Let's take a step back further, boys! Are you saying that after burning the disc, then putting the disc in, on restart or fresh start, all you get is a black screen? Try to detail as much as you can as to what you did, before you got the black screen...could be that you have a bad burn on the disc...if you access to another computer, put the disc in, and see if it is working before you jump to a lot of conclusions :D and also include your sys. specs as DC6 indicated
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby Flanker37 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:05 pm

yup, must have been a bad burn with imgburn. I burned it again, and now it works ok. I now have it installed downloading updates.

thanks for all your help
Flanker37
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Postby deate » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Flanker37 wrote:yup, must have been a bad burn with imgburn. I burned it again, and now it works ok. I now have it installed downloading updates.

thanks for all your help

If you use Ultimate Edition, long enough, you'll find that's the first place to look when it "Just doesn't work" from the start :D
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.2