Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

How to "Drivers"

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

How to "Drivers"

Postby dirty » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:44 pm

If bad driver was installed, anyway to revert to the original one used during installation ? :?:
In my case i have problem with ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 X2.
Somehow when installing ubuntu using RGB as primary video source on my HDTV i get much higher resolution but if i do same thing in HDMI video source then i get 640x480 res makes me impossible to work even see all installation menus (Thank god linux can move windows with Alt+Click and drag, otherwise i would never be able to install it at all)

By the way i activated restricted driver from that task bar icon apeared and it started to download driver for my video card/completed/installed/restart/unable to use ubuntu anymore
X server failed to start. I dont know what it is but i figure it has something to do with my video card driver so i want to try another version of it but i cannot even start using ubuntu.
I need your help guys to tell me how to remove installed driver (with all related files it installed) and use original that worked.

Thanks in advance.
ps.Batman rules :D
http://www.adrenalineparty.com is where great stuff are but not for linux :(
dirty
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: How to "Drivers"

Postby DarkChild » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:05 pm

dirty wrote:If bad driver was installed, anyway to revert to the original one used during installation ? :?:
In my case i have problem with ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 X2.
Somehow when installing ubuntu using RGB as primary video source on my HDTV i get much higher resolution but if i do same thing in HDMI video source then i get 640x480 res makes me impossible to work even see all installation menus (Thank god linux can move windows with Alt+Click and drag, otherwise i would never be able to install it at all)

By the way i activated restricted driver from that task bar icon apeared and it started to download driver for my video card/completed/installed/restart/unable to use ubuntu anymore
X server failed to start. I dont know what it is but i figure it has something to do with my video card driver so i want to try another version of it but i cannot even start using ubuntu.
I need your help guys to tell me how to remove installed driver (with all related files it installed) and use original that worked.

Thanks in advance.

Hello
ps.Batman rules :D

Hello dirty.

First of all, all you need to do to correct your xserver problems is to press "Esc" when your system is booting up, then select "recovery" from your bootloader screen!! Then select fix xserver!! After that is done, continue to boot your machine, then follow the step below to remove your drivers!!

Please run the following in your terminal to remove your drivers:

sudo apt-get remove xorg-driver-fglrx

Or

You can use "Envy" to remove the installed drivers!!
darkchild666
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby dirty » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Thanks that wokeked
dirty
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby DarkChild » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:24 pm

dirty wrote:Thanks that wokeked

Good to hear that your ok. Thanks for the feedback!!

darkchild666
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby dirty » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:50 pm

i mean i could get it back to normal driver but still unable to use videcard at its full power :(
Ill try Linux some other time, maybe next year when it will support my videocard or finally start using windows drivers instead of specially designed for Linux.
Ill give up for now like i did once with ubuntu 2.0
dirty
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby DarkChild » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:16 am

Nick wrote:
dirty wrote:i mean i could get it back to normal driver but still unable to use videcard at its full power :(
Ill try Linux some other time, maybe next year when it will support my videocard or finally start using windows drivers instead of specially designed for Linux.
Ill give up for now like i did once with ubuntu 2.0

So your going after 2 days on here ? :o

Come on-post some system specs and smart guys like darkchild666 will get you flying on all cylinders in no time. ;)

Thanks for the compliment Nick, really appreciate it ;) . dirty as bad as you might think things are with you right now, believe me, you don't want to leave and go back to the land of the dead. Stay with Ultimate Edition, give it another shot. We are all here to learn & make mistakes, Rome wasn't built in two days, neither did Ultimate Edition. It took alot of hard work and dedication from each & everyone of us here. TheeMahn is the master mind behind this wonderful distribution & this Ultimate Edition Board. Admins/Mods are key in shaping/testing & maintaining every release that pops out of the Ultimate Edition oven. We are all here to help each other, so don't leave, as Nick said, post some system specification & we will start from there!!

Best regards
darkchild666
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby dirty » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:54 pm

motherboard P4 p5W DH DELUX
CPU Intel P4 2.63 dual core
RAM PC-5300 (i think) 4GB
5HDD's
120GB 10000RPM for Windows -WesternDigital
200GB Games -MAXTOR
200GB Programs -MAXTOR
200GB Storage -MAXTOR
500GB Extra storage -SEAGATE
Audio X-Fi (works with ubuntu)
Network (Works with ubuntu)
Video ATI RADEON HD 3870 (3xxx series if u will) ATI/AMD's (God damn AMD i hate them !) driver does not work and using restricted driver installation guide with auto driver download and install dont work as well.
1 DVD Reader 1 DVD Reader/Writer
Printer Canon i900D(Ubuntu's i900D driver dont work, instead i have to use i80 driver for some reasons.)

I am not sure how me giving this info to you is going to help (lol i dont even know who is it going to help me yor you) but here it is.

Reason why i chose ATI is because Nvidia releasing its product to rapidly which has not been property tested so the end user ends up with crap that needs fixing as soon as he got it from the store.
ATI (i am not talking about Asus by ATI Saphire or other names associated with ATI chipset) Radeon or Visiontek take they're time before releasing the product, and when they do it kicks Nvidias Ass for quite a while after.
Another reason was that i used 3D modeling app's Video editing compositing animations app's and i tell you Nvidia crashed like hell while Radeon worked like the clock so NO way i am goin back to Nvidia (once i went black no way i coming back) :P
I tried Nvidia on my Dedicated server machine (Big mistake) Fan got overheated and melted because servers are running 24/7 non stop for which Nvidia was not ready.

Anyway at this point i dont know what my next step would be. I am stuck with my video card, other then that everything should work fine its just that i cant learn anything about new OS if screen is set to 640x480 res instead of 1920x1080
dirty
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:14 am

Hey Dirty i have a Ati radeon 4670, have you tried manually installing the drivers
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
get the 64 bit if you have a 64bit system
I manually installed the drivers and they work great full 3d games I'm able to use blender
but be warned sometimes the drivers works the first time maybe it doesn't, but works the second time, trust me, first time for me didn't work 2nd time worked if I used aticonfig --initial and the 3rd time worked how it should.
so try the drivers and see you go

good luck :D

Hawks-SOAD
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby dirty » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:35 pm

I did that before few times and ubuntu hates manual install even more than automatic
Driver comes with Kernel, do i need to install that or not ? (if click advanced options)
dirty
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Cell » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:52 pm

If your wanting to install the ATI driver from AMD I have a how to in the 2.1 thread.Do a search for a member called points,and you should find it.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive