Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

How to "Drivers"

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

Re: How to "Drivers"

Postby Cell » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 am

Maybe....but when I buy a new game,and it needs something else from my card I won't get it even if the card is capable of doing the job.Thats why they always bring out new revisions of the drivers.For some they won't even know.For others like me... we're SOL.
I'm talking about two to three year old cards too.Not six to eight year old ones.....pretty muffed up if you ask me....but I'm getting over it.

But it won't stop me from using linux.Like I said the open source drivers are coming along just fine....for me at least.The only set back I have is duel booting winblows for playing games.Before 9.04 I could play every game I have in linux...open source or microcrap.I even managed to play hd movies.Thats why I suggested rolling back to 8.10. You will probably have an better experience with linux. ;)
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby dirty » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:59 am

8.10 was Ultimate 2.0 ?
I still have that DVD somewhere and yes, it worked but after it updated it crashed so just like in windows i had to turn off all automatic updating services (damn that was hard to figure out) to avoid any future crashes.
X1950 Radeon worked and i still have it around and i am pretty damn sure i can make it work with this version of ubuntu but i just dont feel like swapping video cards each time i go back to windows for games/3d modeling/game map development/programming/Web editing
Plenty of stuff is going on :)

So if i understand you correctly, ubuntu 8.10 (ultimade edition 2.0) is better than this one and might get my card working ?
Why ? (if thats so i am not surprised at all caz updates are not always good).
Thanks for replies by the way.
I hope OH GOD I HOPE that one day i can say good bye to Microsoft windows and get stuck with linux.
After all linux is much more powerful OS comes with so much $#!% for free (but then again windows crackers are working hard everyday to crack as much as they can LOL SHAREWARE RULES BABY !!! even if its not legal <BREW> ).
I really REALLY want to switch to ubuntu but with my video card i just cant. I mean i payed money for it and now like most of ppl today i am broke unable to buy NVIDIA (plus i hate Nvidia)
Nvidia the way it meant to be "CRASHED" (Remember that from recent games ?)(thats what i was getting all the time trying nvidia cards)
http://www.adrenalineparty.com is where great stuff are but not for linux :(
dirty
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Cell » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:41 am

So if i understand you correctly, ubuntu 8.10 (ultimade edition 2.0) is better than this one and might get my card working ?

Not better per say...One could argue thats it is.Whats better is having an os that works. ;) I know of people running hardy,and are completely happy.You know why?Because it works for em.
Ultimate Edition 2.0,and 2.1 are both based off of 8.10. You might want to leave the hd card in there,and then follow my instructions on the driver install when you get 8.10 going...if you decide too.

3d modeling/game map development/programming/Web editing

You can do all that with linux,and open source apps.You have to remember not all free apps are cheesy ;) Some commercial apps will even have a linux version.The games are a toss up tho.I play the cod's and they all worked(in 8.10) except for waw.(never got a chance to test waw in 8.10,because I updated to 9.04)

Nvidia the way it meant to be "CRASHED" (Remember that from recent games ?)(thats what i was getting all the time trying nvidia cards)

You share my feelings on this...but in the end after a few driver tweaks they end up working up to par with ATI.I always felt they(nvidia) rushed out their cards to beat the competition.The average user will never know this,but those who use very graphic intensive software will know what I mean.Also I wouldn't suggest for anyone to go out to buy new hardware...just yet.big changes are right around the corner.Search for the new technologies that are,and is being used.Its just a matter of a short time we find em in our local pc store.
hardware
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby dirty » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:59 am

Cell wrote:
You share my feelings on this...but in the end after a few driver tweaks they end up working up to par with ATI.I always felt they(nvidia) rushed out their cards to beat the competition.The average user will never know this,but those who use very graphic intensive software will know what I mean.Also I wouldn't suggest for anyone to go out to buy new hardware...just yet.big changes are right around the corner.Search for the new technologies that are,and is being used.Its just a matter of a short time we find em in our local pc store.

I know man i'be been telling ppl about this race all over but no one listens or believes me. ATI takes a while for testing and trouble shooting before releasing anything and when they do it beats the crap out of Nvidia so they have to rush making another crappy card that wont last long anyway and that is exactly why i go with ATI.
Now that ATI was taken over by AMD i am not so sure i want AMD in my computer.

It seems to me that one day there will be only one big ass CORP left that will make all computer hardware in its factory's and guess what then, no free linux support will be available for anyone from that Corporation caz they gotta make money and money are not open source so heads up guys :) its gonna be over for you soon
http://www.adrenalineparty.com is where great stuff are but not for linux :(
dirty
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Cell » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:21 am

It seems to me that one day there will be only one big ass CORP left that will make all computer hardware

God I hope not.Lol.
hardware