Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.2 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.2 Work in progress...

Postby kf4bzt » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:05 am

Hey Drama,
Thanks again for the help. Just so the sake of argument, I reburned the media to see if that may be the cause and the install still stopped at 74%. That is a wierd one. I am getting ready to point at the DVD-ROM drive itself. My guess it may be going bad, but that still doesn't explain why the 64bit version was able to install.

Tim
Not Much but it works
Laptop PC: Ultimate 2.1 / 32 bit
Gateway MX6440
AMD Turion 64 bit 1.8
radeon xpress 200
1gb ddr
160 gig HD
kf4bzt
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby ish420 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:14 pm

kf4bzt wrote:Hey Drama,
Thanks again for the help. Just so the sake of argument, I reburned the media to see if that may be the cause and the install still stopped at 74%. That is a wierd one. I am getting ready to point at the DVD-ROM drive itself. My guess it may be going bad, but that still doesn't explain why the 64bit version was able to install.

Tim

Check the MD5 checksum of your downloaded ISO and compare it to this site's checksum. It may not have downloaded properly. If it's the same number, try burning at the lowest speed. That's all I can think of.
Thanx,
Ish the Chiefspliff

My Rig (DELL INSPIRON 1720 LAPTOP)
Intel(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.6GHz 2GB RAM
Nvidia G-Force 8400M GS 128MB
120GB HDD w/ 15GB Partition for Windows7 100GB storage.
I plan on getting 2x500GB HDD on my Laptop. ;) 1TB on a Laptop=INSANE
ish420
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Postby kf4bzt » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:55 pm

ish420 wrote:

Tim

Check the MD5 checksum of your downloaded ISO and compare it to this site's checksum. It may not have downloaded properly. If it's the same number, try burning at the lowest speed. That's all I can think of.

Hi ish,
Thanks for the response. Please forgive my ignorance and I should know this, but how do I check an MD5 checksum on media?

Tim
Not Much but it works
Gateway MX6440
AMD Turion 64 bit 1.8
radeon xpress 200
1gb ddr
160 gig HD
kf4bzt
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby andrewk8 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:04 pm

What's up with no torrent, yet? Only the direct download links.

I haven't got the best connection, so I try to torrent. Also, I don't mind sharing :D.
andrewk8
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby ish420 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:08 pm

kf4bzt wrote:
ish420 wrote:

Tim

Hi ish,
Thanks for the response. Please forgive my ignorance and I should know this, but how do I check an MD5 checksum on media?

Tim

Sorry for the wait. For windows, there is a great hash file checker that integrates into the properties explorer. I will post the link. It's at Softpedia. It's safe and it's freeware. It will generate the hash numbers for MD5, CRC32, SHA-1. Just install. Then, click on the properties of the ISO, select the file hashes tab and compare the hash numbers of the ISO to the one on this site. Sorry if my English is confusing. My grammar sucks.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Fil ... hTab.shtml

It's a great piece of software to have. It makes checking hash number, remarkably simple.
EDIT. If you are on Linux, there is quick tutorial to find the checksum for files.
http://linux.byexamples.com/archives/19 ... um-how-to/
Thanx,
Ish the Chiefspliff

My Rig (DELL INSPIRON 1720 LAPTOP)
Intel(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.6GHz 2GB RAM
Nvidia G-Force 8400M GS 128MB
120GB HDD w/ 15GB Partition for Windows7 100GB storage.
I plan on getting 2x500GB HDD on my Laptop. ;) 1TB on a Laptop=INSANE
ish420
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Postby andrewk8 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:11 am

ish420 wrote:Sorry for the wait. For windows, there is a great hash file checker that integrates into the properties explorer. I will post the link. It's at Softpedia. It's safe and it's freeware. It will generate the hash numbers for MD5, CRC32, SHA-1. Just install. Then, click on the properties of the ISO, select the file hashes tab and compare the hash numbers of the ISO to the one on this site. Sorry if my English is confusing. My grammar sucks.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Fil ... hTab.shtml

I'm a fan of WinMd5Sum Portable. Because it's built with Portable Apps technology, it doesn't actually install anything (no registry settings, etc.) It's GPL, too.

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/winmd5sum_portable
andrewk8
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby stanca » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:46 am

Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby jfg69 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:50 am

andrewk8 wrote:What's up with no torrent, yet? Only the direct download links.

I haven't got the best connection, so I try to torrent. Also, I don't mind sharing :D.

x86 here: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1964508/2514864/

64 is here: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1962578/2514864/

There are a bunch of completes, but they've all hit and run.. I'm still seeding, I usually leave it on while I'm at work.

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Postby jfg69 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:55 am

Also with regard to MD5's if you install Down Them All plugin on Firefox, when you right click on the download link, there is a place to put the checksum which it will compare when its finished downloading, its simple and quick. Of course, thats assuming you are able to use a downloader on whatever site you are on, although I havent personally had any issues using it.

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Postby kf4bzt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks all for the help with the MD5 issues. I installed te Firefox add-on and it seemed to work ok with downloading. I haven't tried burning and installing the x86 version yet. I am getting things situated with the 64 bit version. I just got my Wacom Bamboo working with pressure sensitivity. I will post the instructions that I found including my modifications as soon as I can.

Thanks again all for everything,
Tim
Not Much but it works
Gateway MX6440
AMD Turion 64 bit 1.8
radeon xpress 200
1gb ddr
160 gig HD
kf4bzt
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie