Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

ultimatix

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

Re: ultimatix

Postby DarkChild » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:45 pm

Please visit the link below for the latest information/update on Ultamatix:

http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3343&start=50
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:57 am

g0nz0 wrote:This is problem occurs because ultimatix checks its internet connection with the following:

check = os.popen3("ping getautomatix.com -c 1 -w 1");

getautomatix.com doesn't exist anymore, it is now ultamatix.com. If you perform the following, you'll solve this problem. Well... I wouldn't say "solve"... more like jury-rig it...

sudo [editor of your choice] /etc/hosts

In /etc/hosts enter the following line, save and close the file:

72.167.183.31 getautomatix.com

That IP address is the IP for ultamatix.com, which (I assume) is where the repository now lives.

Good luck!

Thanks g0nz0 - Solved my problem. :D
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Wolfie Lee » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:25 pm

g0nz0 wrote:

This is problem occurs because ultimatix checks its internet connection with the following:

getautomatix.com doesn't exist anymore, it is now ultamatix.com. If you perform the following, you'll solve this problem. Well... I wouldn't say "solve"... more like jury-rig it...

That IP address is the IP for ultamatix.com, which (I assume) is where the repository now lives.

Good luck!

TWO things:

-could you explain a little better what choices there are for [editor of choices] (Like aptget?...that is what I put).
-Also; using aptget in that code seems to work, as I'm not getting "no such command" error, HOWEVER, folder does not exsist is coming up, and I browsed the hidden folders and found, well, NO such folder. So Should I CREATE a folder "Hosts", and will that work?
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby DarkChild » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Wolfie Lee wrote:g0nz0 wrote:

This is problem occurs because ultimatix checks its internet connection with the following:

Good luck!

TWO things:

-could you explain a little better what choices there are for [editor of choices] (Like aptget?...that is what I put).
-Also; using aptget in that code seems to work, as I'm not getting "no such command" error, HOWEVER, folder does not exsist is coming up, and I browsed the hidden folders and found, well, NO such folder. So Should I CREATE a folder "Hosts", and will that work?

No need to use that method. Just download the deb file from the link provided below.

http://downloadue.info/repo/ultamatix-1.8.0-7_all.deb
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby pankajnagarkoti76 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:27 pm

I just installed 2.1 myself on another of my Test partitions and got the same thing you did...not to sure right now what the problem is but looking into it...will let ya'll know...
pankajnagarkoti76
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:27 am

Hello PPL.

please download the new one from here:
http://ultamatix.com/#download
Admin-Amir

Postby dyackalXP » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 am

Hi there is there someone who can help on my probelem regarding the ATI redion Catayls .. i mean i dont ahve internet at home so i downloaded the display driver outside .. and i did get the file under .run? my question is how to install the driver under ultimate edition 2.3 i got the file on the desktop of my Ultimate edition 2.3 , i want to play my warcraft 3 on on ultimate edition 2.3 i try it but it wont run only intro movie of the game it dint even finish the intro game ... the game hangs... i have to force quit the program... anybody help on this one.. i did install the ultimate edition on the liveCD i dual boot it with my windows xp pro.. i Have ATI redion 9550 and i check on add/program and box is not check so,...i guest its not installed that my my warcraft dont work?.. anyways. i been using ubuntu around 2 weeks now.So at this point im all ears for any suggestion.. not that i do have to subribe on DSL internet ... im testing in without the internet if its possible.. thanks and more power to the people using ubuntu .. specially ultimate edition 2.3....
dyackalXP
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby TexasMike » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 am

dyackalXP,
Is there some particular reason you do not want to connect this system to the Internet? If so, could I ask why? :?

I have never tried to install hardware drivers on my systems without an internet connection. I would assume that it is "do-able" but I can see where that could be problematic in the extreme. Most things in Linux - Apps, Hardware driver support, updates and the resolution and installation of the "Dependencies" for various applications and updates/upgrades - will be much easier with the ability to connect to the Internet. ;)
Otherwise, you are going to have to determine what dependencies a package has, check you system for the existence of those dependencies and the version currently installed (if any are already installed), go online via some other machine, download the application or software you are wanting to install and all it's dependencies, save to some sort of "portable media" and take to the Linux/Ultimate Edition system and install them from that media. The chances of missing a dependency or a relevant file or module is very great, and will most likely cause you a good deal of grief. :(

I'd recommend that you connect the system to the internet to facilitate the correct installation of software and hardware. Of course, if you want to keep the system off the Internet under "day-to-day" use, then just unplug the system from the Internet, and only connect when you want to install or check for upgrades/updates. Once the system is setup and operating as you want, there is no need to be in the Internet if you do not want to be there.
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ