Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Smartphone Blues

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Smartphone Blues

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:22 pm

First off has been some very enlightening days as our Verizon 3G unit bit the dust. Happy to say the unit has been upgraded to a more modern unit with better capabilities. I guess, I will no longer be able to complain about poor speed. Of course is not the point of this rant, just a background so all can see where I am coming from. So, this all happened Friday with PC connection going down, so that starts this scenario.

I then decided since have no PC connection will do all business on the smartphone. So, I said great I have the Bank of America(BOA) banking application from Google Play, should be good enough to check my balance, right??? WRONG WRONG WRONG. You know I called up a few of these so-called technicians from BOA, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Both of these nit-wits sat there reading from some lines of script explaining to me how to install the Google Play app of theirs. Hmm, was very amazing and told them both a dozen times, is not the problem. I figured since I did not give the smartphone number to the teller that opened the account for me, was the reason I was getting denied. I was assured by the first tech, that I would be able to use the app. Of course did not work. So, in the afternoon I called and finally told the technician give the script a rest after 10 minutes of that noise. Technician referred me to another phone number which he switched me to directly.

This time a woman talked to me and not really sure where some of her information was coming from? She started telling me that to use the app, I must be using Android 5? I told her "Now that is like telling me I should be using WIndows 9. Android is only on 4.5 which has just barely been released to some high tech devices. Android 5 is likely as Windows 9 since neither has been produced yet!" After that she then asked me what kind of Tablet I was using to access the BOA application? I said "Tablet? If I wanted one of those huge monstrosities I would just use my laptop. I am using a 3.5 LG Smartphone." So, she went on to tell me that the BOA appication is only for 7in and above tablets. I now wonder why there is no warning for that application on Google Play???

Same thing happened for another card I hold from an employer. Incidentally they also have a downloadable application from Google Play. Is called ADP Online. I received the same hassle of not being able to use the application. Also, even if I do not use any of the two applications and try on a regular browser on the smartphone I am denied the simple task of loging in to either site. See, I am not looking to do any complicated action, am just looking to know my balance. Now for the life of me, I do not comprehend why these banking institutions deny service on my smartphone. I may even look to change these institutions to others that will work with me instead of against. I want to be prepared in the event I get into another situation as I did Friday. These institutions need to understand not everyone can have PC and an Internet connection that never errs.

Then I have another issue that has just locked me out of another account I have. Auto-complete, you know is a great thing when you are trying to type things out on that tiny keyboard, but there are limits. Now, when it comes to some security question, I think I know what I want to answer and that would be the correct answer. Using Mozilla on my Smartphone, it decided 3 times in a row the answer I typed out needed to be changed to what it wanted and not what I wanted. Now that hurt me greatly and now cause this lock out which I will have to deal with soon. So, you can see some things like auto-complete can be devastating when it comes to security questions for a bank account. So, conclusion for smartphone and 3 bank accounts is terrible and in this modern day of technology where these devices are supposed to handle simple sign-in tasks is absolutely unfair for anyone in the above predicament.

I can understand if I am asking the Smartphone to wash dishes or drive my car to work, but something mundane as signing into a website???? Also most applications in Linux state their purpose and what they will work on. So, why can't those same standards hold true for Google Play Android Applications??? Some of this, I know sounds repetitive, but think about it, I am not asking to burn CD's, build an OS or create graphic designs on this small device. I am asking for something stupid and what any normal user would want to do, right??? After all, if these devices can not handle something stupid like logging into a website, what good are they???
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Smartphone Blues

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:28 pm

Oops my bad! I guess I am crazy for expecting a Smartphone to do anything more than snap pictures, text, make phone calls and send emails. So suppose that is the reason no one would make a single comment to the above post since it is an un-natural thing to expect Smartphones to sign into anything more than Facebook or Gmail, right????

Kind of a shame as would be great to get some feedback see where some people are at with these devices. Maybe we can knock our heads together and come up with something that does even better, right? I know it can be done, I have proof and that proof is what I am writing on right now. That proof is this OS of mine, it works great, does all it should with hardly to no hassle whatsoever. I mean, if I could get one of these Smartphones to work like my OS, you would probably never see a complaint again. Of course, if TheeMahn wrote an OS for this Smartphone there definitely would be no complaints! Of course he is extremely busy with many hours of work so that is not a possibility right now.

Still, there are many brains on here that I would say combined can be a close equivalent to TheeMahn. All it takes is getting all of us together and working away. I know I would be very interested in solving some of these issues with Smartphones, but I am not getting any feedback to know more than what I am seeing on my own device. So, please read the above post, come back and post your own issues so we can compile, learn and then when there is time I know I am going to start looking into building one of these OS's and beat this trash of things not responding. Come on folks, let's do it, right????

Will start it off with even another issue. Even though in settings I have set answering of the phone to Home button, it remains the same of the red and green icons popping up on screen to answer phone. Home button does nothing to answer phone. If Phone is on browser when it starts to ring square icons pop up and tapping green icon on phone works, so is a very strange issue. So, let's just post away and maybe we can either resolve issues or work to build another OS that will do even better, right?
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pam » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:42 am

I dont believe in brand loyalty.

I was using a cheap HTC for 2 years and before that Samsung. Then used other brands like panasonic and LG. They are all crap. LG does have the fastest repairing..more like a day, in front of you!

HTC is now competing directly with Apple. Their prices are for big spenders.

Im back to samsung for making phone calls and doing other stuff; it just works. I have a samsung HDD, a samsung DVD writer(doing nothing), a samsung Monitor. Talk about brand loyalty, I wont bother with anyone else in the future.

Call BOA toll free No. if they have one and ask if they have a mobile website. Then ask them how to get going on the main website even if they dont have a mobile site. If they dont, nothing you can do much but view it on a larger display. :cry:

NOTE: For convenience sake's Banks dont care for making things easy for the user. They are more concerned with security. Making a mobile website for viewing your balance can create a security issue. Banks that are concerned with security will have an onscreen jumbled up keyboard to enter your username password and if you mostly do or view stuff online, then its recommended to atleast change the password once in 1 or 2 months.

As far as building an OS is concerned, its all ARM stuff. ARM is slowly but surely taking over x86. Ubuntu and Debian repositories already exist for ARM. Gimp too runs on ARM on the Raspberry pi. Ultimate Edition on ARM, well, companies first need to start making atleast dual core chips with atleast 1GB memory that is widely available in retail just like a HDD.
Mediatek chips get hot(cooling it would not even require a fan) and consume a bit more power(totally irrelevant) but their octa core chips sell for cents...the cheapest in the market. SMT(Surface Mount Technology) companies are struggling with technical slowdown and managing demand/supply but technology just hasn't reached there as yet. There is a huge void and its all just supply. They dont even know what price to sell it for. :lol:
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Sure I admit I do like LG products, but if another company builds a decent unit and is comparable to processing power, you better believe would go for it. Only loyalty here is to my pocketbook. I work hard for cash so I do my best to conserve. Also never seem to make a fortune.

Most of what I am seeing with this LG of mine seems to be software related. Now, I remember when I was using Windows and all these other OS's that just did not work for me. To me is all very comparable. In general, I feel what works for one may not work for another. This theory comes from knowing we all do not think or react the same.

Now if this LG was shutting down, phone stopped working or speaker not working than I say is a hardware issue. What I am going through is software hassles. The point about not being able to answer the phone on the green icon that pops up is a problem I have seen in quite a few posts. So, therefore I am saying some things need to be improved. Of course I am no master of building systems whatsoever and consider myself extremely lucky current OS is a dream come true. Still, I feel is a worthwhile shot as soon weather will be changing and more time will be there to do it. So, I figure why not gather some facts and issues.

Now as far as BOA is concerned, I called everyone related to this software and seems is a natural thing for their program only to be available to larger units. Now, most software on all Linux systems has warnings and compatibility listings. So, shouldn't the same hold true for programs on Google Play??? Still, I say there has to be another way. Why? Think about it. Now, when one is running low on funds in their account they have to budget carefully. So scenario runs am out at the store buying groceries with a known amount of $200 before earlier purchase of $20 for gas. This leaves me with $180.

So, I carefully select my groceries use my calculator and come up with $178. So, basically am good to go, right? Cashier rings all up on register, I slide my card and next thing you know I am denied even though the total was even a dollar shorter at $177. Why? Now, I have my Smartphone in my back pocket and I should be able to check that bank account to find out my total, right? Nope, I am expected to carry my PC in my pocket since I am denied access. Now, is that right or is it wrong???

A very similar situation happened to me and I had to wait til I drove 17 miles home to boot my PC up and get into that account since Smartphone can not check that account. So, I know I can't be the only one this is happening to. Incidentally, a charge for fuel purchase was tacked on leaving me short, but that is not my beef presently. There has to be a way to fix this. I am not going to give up on this as these devices should not be denied access, since this is their purpose to do us a service. I do not think getting into a website provided you have all your personal information should deny you service. I also plan to set this beef with these institutions that are doing this. It simply is not fair.

Through my journeys I have met many people that do not own PC's and only own these hand-held devices. Basically, their SmartPhone is their only liaison to the world wide web. So, is it fair to tell these people they must purchase a PC or Tablet so they can view their bank accounts when they are in wonder if they have available funds for groceries??? Point and fact is these Smartphones are cheaper than Tablets and PC's and are considered a substitute for people that are not major internet users. Basically, these people just want to write an email or check their monetary situation as listed above. So, why should any of these institutions try and force these individuals to buy something they can not afford???

What I listed in previous post about auto-complete has never before occurred on the PC when is in the matter of a security question. So, I know something is amiss with that program. Perhaps, I am getting hacked on this smartphone or is a software error??? I hardly believe hacking since there is almost nothing to gain due to limited amount of any personal information.

If anyone is curious that incident of auto-complete messing the security question took me 2 days to clear up with my bank. I really am hoping to find people that are going to feel very strongly about this issue as a message needs to be sent that this type of behavior from websites is not acceptable. Remember majorities provoke change. If you hide and accept everything you are just telling these people they are free to do as they please.

What is extreme irony about this security question deal is I have been on other computers where I have a great keyboard to type in answer perfectly, yet question does not come up. Of course would have to come up on a small little device that is handicapped in sorts with the tiny keyboard, right??? That is one of the parts that is quite upsetting also, since I feel there is a bit of prejudice to these small devices from these banking institutions.

Far as these security concerns are with banks, if one bank can make things accessible to users, there is no reason for another to refuse. I sincerely recommend boycotts if these banking institutions will not listen to customer needs. Far as banking institutions worries on our behalf is debatable due to cards being stolen and massive charges approved without concern. Problem is people knowing their balance does not mean any monetary gain to these institutions. I just about guarantees the opposite most times. I also implore, if they are worried about security, what is most likely less to be seen a 3.5 screen or a 20in monitor????

I could understand if I was trying all kinds of manuevers of shuffling money around to different accounts and sending money to Western Union or lord knows what? To just want to see my current balance, should be a god given right just as Freedom of Speech is. So, if you see articles on the net related do not be surprised if you see BBOSAK2143 as the author. I do not hide behind foolish names, and stand proudly in hopes of making things better for everyone. Has been the sole reason I love this site and Ultimate. I truly see all this as making things better for this entire world and no words can describe what a great justice TheeMahn and everyone here has done for society.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Pierre » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:17 am

yeah well,
we don't use the browser function of the smart phone, to check the bank balance. ..
- we just ring the robot @ the bank. ..

Eg: press 1 for a balance .. press 2 for a transaction listing ..
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Good point, Pierre. Yes the robots seem to be better equipped than the technical staff at these banks. Still there are points the robots have not been trained in also. So, for what I stated above about that charge on my card for the pleasure of buying gas for my car, I would not know what the charge was. Usually, under the balance online you can see the last few charges.

Talking about how stupid these technicians are, I wrote BOA an email through my account about what I wrote about here. Simply put, was about the technician not being informed/up to date on current version of Android. Am sorry, I graduated last year and should have a similar position, yet these employers are hiring people that are absolutely in the dark and reading from a book??? To imagine some fool telling me how to install a program from Google Play totally dumbfounds me. I mean, how hard is that to do???? Anyone and their grandmother can install those simplified programs is a no-brainer, so why waste my time telling me how to install????

Next, I simply asked "Why is there no warning on Google Play this program is for tablets only?" The response I received was just as stupid as the service I have received from them. The letter was one of those generic types most likely thousands of users have gotten them. Read "We apologize for recent outages in service" Next went on with words about calling technical support and the phone numbers. Absolutely amazing as neither question was answered. I want to know why their technician is not versed in Android and claiming their program is for Android 5, when that is not in existence yet??? Other question above is also quite reasonable, so I am quite appalled to receive this form letter that does not even come close to answering either question. I feel all us users have the right to know.

Since my graduation I have talked to many technician for different equipment I have in my house and I can clearly see why they have their position. They are dominant, well educated and very respectable. I can not say this about BOA and that by far is not right for a financial institution that is supposed to properly serve all its customers. As time permits, I am going to work on this more. Also have to admit at times I am not so good with those robots and they get very upset at me and simply hang up. Simply put, for some reason I always click the wrong selection. I honestly do much better on computers hitting the proper keys than I do on a numbered keyboard of a phone. Strange, I know, but I guess we all have our own deficiencies and that is mine.

I also suppose I am receiving a payback for all the form letters I sent while I was in the Air Force. I continually had to type the same welcome letter to every person due to arrive at my base. Such fun in those days(yeah right) I constantly wanted to write my own letter, but that was not allowed/permitted. Anyway am still looking into ADP online also. So far have found out they have a separate method when using Smartphone. Of course has not worked yet, nor have I made any calls. Will be doing that next week as weekend is full of work. I just hope, progress is going to be made with some of this stuff as we all know people read what others say, especially if they are concerned for their business. For now let's hope help is coming, right???
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:21 pm

If you change the device ID , you could probably load it. You shouldn't bank on your phone. Alternatively, and without root, you can link the browser mobile or desktop to your homescreen. You shouldn't bank on your phone.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Anyways, the highly invasive BOA application had no problem installing on a LG Lucid running Gingerbread.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Program installs no problem but soon as I enter my user ID it just goes to call support number. Any bank functions other than knowing balance, you better believe I would never even consider attempting on the LG. All my concern ever is knowing the balance, since I am not independently wealthy and without any worries about money. When I am in town which is 17 miles away, would be great to know I can purchase something instead of having to run home and get on the PC. As of yet, I can not fit my PC in my back pocket nor my laptop, besides would have no connection since both are dependent on the connector in the house.

I just figure that I can't be the only one this is happening to along with the fact of distance from home. What is even crazier is I can even use Jet on the Smartphone although is a bit of a pain time wise, it still does work. I was forced to use that option this last week since I did not have Internet due to 3G device of Verizon going out. On a side note, have to mention this since I am so pro Linux. This past Tuesday, new connector for Verizon came in. Immediately, I hooked it up and just hit connection manager in Gnome, put in the password for the new router. Immediately, I was staring at Verizon's home page. So very simple on Linux compared to Windows and I just never get over that point. These units have to be registered and programmed at Verizon after you call them. Took Technician a few hours to accomplish this due to some misunderstanding of the original order. Anyway after he called back and insured phone was working, he then told me he would help me get connected. I then told him, I had already been on 4 different websites and there was no need for help. Was funny, but of course this is just a side note for all. Should mention router is for Internet and home phone as forgot to mention at beginning.

Seeing as when I built my OS, was a bit of a hassle to get all this MS junk working so perfectly so I can access Jet and fill my report for one of the jobs I do. So, I know is no picnic for any device to access Jet. Yet, a program exists for Smartphones and it does work. So would say anything is possible, just people have to understand the need then they work on it. I am of course in that boat also. I want to understand more of the needs with these devices, so I can get a decent idea what to do when I work on building one of these OS's. As said, just figure is worth a try. Seems I said that after TheeMahn's first "Build with Me" post. Look where I am at now. So, I know it takes a start somewhere, time, patience and drive/know how. Nowhere near perfect at Ubuntu's but least the functionality is there and problems are not as abundant as most OS's I tried in Linux minus the very best OS, Ultimate.

Now, Xan if you would have been on the phone with that Tech, would have told you too old of an OS to get on BOA application. So, you just disproved that fool. Love it and know between all of us we are going to succeed with these hassle and nightmares. You also have a lot of ingenuity and know how with all these Smartphones that makes me look like a child. Am hoping you will share many things with all of us as your wisdom is very abundant. Still always say was a major win for Ultimate when they took you on in their staff. From day one could see you had done quite a bit on Linux and know what you are talking about all the time.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:29 pm

(Note 1st paragraph not part of discussion and just warning to BOA users)
(Figured since this happened to me, would warn anyone banking with Bank of America. If someone is sending you money make sure is not by check. What happened to me is some funds were supposed to come by check. The sender sent a (rubber check) check from a closed bank account. When BOA discovered this they immediately shut my account down. For the actions of the sender I am now paying the price being banned from ever opening a bank account with BOA. Now, they are going to send my money back to me in a cashier's check which is also lame, but least am getting it back. Still the damage is done and as an added bonus BOA also refuses to send me an email with all details of why my account has been closed. Of course this is not what this post is about, but least I can pass this warning along so others do not fall into travesties of this nature.)

For a cheap solution to being able to answer my Smartphone, I have decided to leave Gmail open. If you remember what have posted prior, even changing settings to answer with Home button has no effect with those icons popping up on the desktop. Even though those icons pop up on the desktop, there is no other method such as clicking the Home button answering the phone. Now, when Gmail is open, a small window will appear with rectangular icons and one touch on the green icon easily lets me be able to answer the phone. So for now am going with this temporary solution as nothing else seems to make answering the phone a reality. Unsure what the problem is here, but least a cheap solution is happening for now. When something else comes up will add to this post and appreciate all help and advice.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves