Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Gnome-look lock out again!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Gnome-look lock out again!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:19 am

Yes, it happened again! Some months ago was locked out maybe due to inactivity or comments I posted, who knows??? Sent an email back then and was reopened. Same just happened now as I wanted to post a positive comment on some more great artwork I saw. So, unsure if email will work this time as last few themes I got quite angry with rude comments posted and replied back very rudely! Am sorry, I let these fools get the best of me and do feel bad I made those comments instead of handling things in a more professional manner.

Is just I got very upset since I spend vast amounts of time to create the most unique look I can possibly create. Then to have some half-wit come along and cut it down severely will admit hurts my feelings. Even though I have seen works I thought were childish, terrible, ugly, etc.., I refused to sink to a low level and cut their works down. Everyone that creates artwork spends uncounted amounts of time. No one gets paid for any of this and comes out of the pure goodness in our hearts!

So, basically I feel an apology is also due to everyone on this forum for my behaviour in those rude comments I posted, since it looks it may prevent further uploads when I create more themes. At present is only one am working on a bit. Will also explain that my intentions are to create the closest possible 3-D looks I can do for the desktop. Many of my past creations have come very close in these intentions and I am constantly working hard to improve. Amounts of time spent of themes is not high during the warmer months due to work outside around my house and yard. Still, when I have free time, I dabble as much as I can to improve and do my best to capture a look that has never before been seen in Linux

Was very discouraging on GL when someone that is supposed to be judging the works writes very rude remarks or does not pay attention to what was written for the theme. Case in point CyanaLXDE, you will see first comment out, fool thinks is not gtk3 and is only for gtk2. If I am knocked off of Gnome-look for good will most likely just upload to deviantart.com. I never expected everyone to like what I do by no means. I only wished to provide a difference in appearance(alternative) to what is out there. I know I can not be the only one on this earth that craves something new, exciting and different instead of the same old 3+ years running theme. So for now if anyone has any issues with themes have created in the past, I will do my best on here to help you get it going right, since I can no longer answer on GL for now. Next theme planned is Cyana-3D. In the works, unknown completion date. Will keep posted in case any changes come up. Also to those that enjoy my themes, thank you very very much and best wishes to all of you always and promise I will always do my best for you.
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Gnome-look lock out again!

Postby Xanayoshi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:15 pm

You know what's funny? I get no comments whatsoever. I wanted them, I love verbal sparring. It is definitely not due to inactivity, I don't even remember making an account but sure enough, I had one..which probably meant I made it years ago.

I did write this for you a couple weeks ago...

" Rating System
Aug 29 2014 on Discussion

Your rating system is detrimental to your cause, all it does is enable passive aggresive trolls and discourage new users from exploring new skills. It is sad to see users on my forums quit contributing here because they feel they are constantly under attack and trying to raise some arbitrary standard based on users who have nothing else to do but demean them in every way possible."

Anywho..I was going to pull your themes and rework them since when doing gnome icons I end up having to do SVG, soooo editing. I figure I could edit the themes to match while I was at it.

Your themes aren't even attributed to you anymore. If I were you, I would just keep doing what I like to do for the sake of doing it, who cares what people think? Just make a new account at opendesktop.org and ignore the comment section. It is not about everybody using it, that's the whole point of Linux despite the direction that Gnome and Canonical have taken. It's about variety and somewhere, someone will like it and use it..or not, but they have the option.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Have had no reply to email sent to GL so far as I am concerned, am done with them. Personal opinion is there should have been intervention when comments of nastiness are made against any themes. I'm not getting a penny for anything I have uploaded so comments of such should be banned for myself and any theme creator on there. Anyone that wishes to make such rude comments should be the one that is locked out. I do not condone what I did replying so rudely. At the same point will state there are others besides myself, that have done the same, yet they continue to hold accounts that are not locked.

Only difference is I opened a door to a new look that was considered unacceptable by a vast percentage of users and mods on there. In fact, as said one was even rude to make the comment I had placed the theme in the wrong category. My reply was that is was in the right category and he failed to read the post which explained the name of CyanaLXDE. It was only the fact that the theme would have close to the same look on any desktop it was put on, whether 2.0 or 3.0. Since the place is called GL, I feel many just do not give a hoot about multiple desktop users and only consider one desktop and that is gnome.

I do not consider myself the greatest theme creator by any means at all. I just consider I have a different look that in time may wind up becoming more acceptable. If it does not, okay too. I really set out to just inspire just as I received through many themes I viewed on there. I will not change names and hide under a rock for GL.Is not acceptable, nor is their childish move of locking my account and failing to reply to my email. No more emails will be written as I only say I am sorry one time. If is not acceptable, that is in my book very disrespectful to anyone's sincere intentions. I would never be a part of any forum that will hold a high regard to disrespect.

I have found a new place for uploading any new ideas I will have. Is called customize.org. I believe the other I mentioned is more for paying customers and I really can't afford to do that. So, when time permits and I get my profile done, complete current Cyana-3D will upload there. Will not be many pictures for it, but am sure most will have the general idea. Of course, have joined and name will still be as always BBOSAK2143. So, basically will make no difference as anyone searching for my themes will see my name and be set. Is basically what I really care about. Last year, I almost forgot that point, but now I know is the most important point. Even if there is only one other user that likes these themes I create, will still be there. Will also say for anyone out here on this great forum called Ultimate. Everyone at one point in time did not know how to do things in Linux. Here, we were answered. Never be ashamed of asking a question even if you feel is foolish. You never know, it may not be. Those wanting to reply foolishly, please take the time and remember days when you asked similar questions and have the compassion to understand, you may in fact learn something new from helping.

Most of all, I still want to thank everyone here for tolerating me as I know I write way too much here and there! Also, have some strange opinions on how things should look, but I guess I just come from a different way of life. All of us do in fact. Main thing is Ultimate is the most enjoyable, resourceful and intelligent forum on the internet. There is not one day that goes by that I do not remember that fact and appreciate its existence. Always thanks to everyone responsible for that fact.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pam » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:43 pm

I thought deviantart is the best place and also the most organized. :)
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:09 am

Just a couple things with deviant art. First off, those people are incredibly more talented than I am. Then, I saw an area talking about premium membership which would cost money. Really can't afford to put any money out as all comes in goes for bills and sustenance. Basically, am scraping by, but least not totally broke. People on deviant art can draw and I mean incredibly beautiful drawings and depictions. Now, maybe here and there I can manipulate lines of script and make things look nice, but those people are true artists. Not so sure I can come close to competing with a true artist.

I just got an email from Frank Karlitschek from Gnome-look in which he simply says "Hi,

I unlocked your account again." this is copy/pasted from what was sent so is the exact words. Still am going to hold on to both deviant art and customize.org accounts in case this ever happens, plus maybe as time goes on, I will learn how to draw different things such as logos and what not. I mean, I am overly impressed on all the artwork I see at Ultimate. Yes, I explore those pages all the time and the latest is so inspiring with its 3-D looks is also adding to my drive of creating something more in that area theme wise. To me many themes now have become quite annoying due to the same old 3+ years look. After all, that is the reason I started all this. I just wanted to see if I could spark a new direction, but seems most have horse blinders on and are just sticking to the same old path. Is not that I expect everyone to go wild and just go down the same path I am on, I just hoped maybe bits and pieces would show up creating even more incredible looks.

I honestly yearn to see creativity as I did a few years ago. Seeing that most works have become stale and same old themes just upgraded to work with new shells is extremely depressing. I miss going on GL and seeing innovation. I see 10x more on here and is a shame. This forum is only partly dedicated to art and to be that far ahead of GL is not right. I am not saying all is stale and old, as there are still innovations that come in and I sure do love praising them and letting that artist know the job was well done. It may not mean much coming from someone as me, but I just hope I can give those nice words that will help keep that great creativity coming.

There were and are many times I wanted to ask a theme creator exactly what they had done. I mean is terrible when you look at a theme and you can not tell any change at all and some are just bland white, one would think is no script whatsoever. In fear of being rude though, I do not say a thing, but still do at times try to find anything that was done for the theme. The amazing fact is those themes with hardly anything one can see for a change are rated insanely high, whereas something like what I create is torched and downrated so terribly it discourages creativity, which is not right at all. If a place dedicated to art does not pave the way for creativity, they should think of getting out of the business. Is not I expect my themes to be rated insanely high by no means, just when someone dumps it to say 39% and there was good comments on it, I believe is wrong.

That 39% is sending a message to newer users that the theme does not work right and that is not fair to anyone. The only time that is fair is if it does not work properly and causes havoc. As I have said before, one of the artists I like, is unfortunate his works have never worked correctly on any OS I have ever built, including this one. Yes, it works, but there are small hassles. Before this one, I could not run one of his themes for more than 10 minutes as whatever was on the bottom task bar on Gnome Flashback would just disappear. Does not happen now, but to me does not look right in some areas, so unfortunately I avoid it now. Still I like his work and will always like it. My themes, I constantly strive to make them work fast and hard. I do not want failure on your screen or mine. Every error I find gets corrected immediately, so yes I take offense at a rating below 50% as it says to people I do not care what I am doing, and believe me I do.

The moment one person notified me of a problem, I was on it immediately and fixed the issue within a few days. How many others would do that? Still, just want those to know that download my themes, I will be there if some kind of hassle comes up will do my very best to fix it. I enjoy what I create and just want that same feeling to be there for anyone that likes my themes. Well, better get going, plus getting too carried away again. Before I go have to leave you with a small piece of Cyana-3D. Remember is not done yet, just is a very small example of what is going to happen for it. Also, as I always say thanks for tolerating me, always.
Attachments
Cyana-3D Gnome Tweak.png
Cyana-3D Gnome Tweak
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Gnome look houses a bunch of trolls. . have personally provided many themes and applications almost all negative feedback back, yet downloaded 10's of thousandsf times. Don't get me started lol
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:38 pm

I hear that! Will say though TheeMahn, you are a pro and never loose your cool and give in to those trolls. That is the fact I am learning slowly but surely. Will also say, anyone would be a total fool to cut your themes and logos down since you wrote the book on most of this. My work pales in comparison. I am reaching for the sky, but at times falling off the ladder so to speak. Am going to keep pushing and climbing since is the only way to learn. Have also learned, one nice comment negates many ugly comments. Also the fact of not lowering myself to the gutter level and hope others will see how foolish ugly remarks are. I also learned one person did not understand what I was doing, but then did and apologized. I then felt like a real heel, since I had cut him down in a reply. So, from then on, I have decided, I will not do that again, since at some points people do misunderstand others. Also, thanks again for letting me blow some steam off! I also beg, that you never stop all that you do, since is incredibly beautiful and awesome to see. You are truly what makes life with Linux special, TheeMahn.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pam » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 am

Deviantart does not require premium membership. That's for serious people who need the tools and freedom and whose lives revolve around art. ;)

It has a respectful and helpful community.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

I agree that DeviantArt is a good place. As far as talent..well..I go to DeviantArt a lot. I have seen more My Little Pony art in my lifetime than that which adorns museums across the world. I wouldn't worry about feeling inferior.

I do not like customize.org..at all.

I think though, in the Linux world, for theming, it is a good idea to use opendesktop.org.(gnome-look,kde-look, Mint-Look, etc, etc...) if you want people to actually see and use your stuff. You DO NOT have to upload there, you can upload here and link there. Or upload to Deviant and link there...it matters not. I just feel that if you want to write about your themes here, you should maybe provide a link to what you are referencing, being that this is a site for a heavily themed Linux distribution. Just sayin'

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Thanks a lot Pam and Xan. I guess, I misunderstood deviant art so I really thank you for that clarification. Yes no real link or major pics for Cyana-3D yet since is work to do and have to mess with it when I have the time. So far am getting change on Mozilla, but Chrome and the rest minus the brute Konqueror are just not bending to the changes have made. So, lot of figuring and work to do on it. This time around am ditching alphas since they will have zero bearing for the look I want to achieve. Will always call Konqueror the brute, since that thing can go anywhere! Nothing closes the door on that browser, may dog a bit, but if you have a strange address, comes in handy. Mostly though I pretty much use Mozilla.

It felt great to compliment that artist on gnome-look and he was quite happy with the compliment. As said will always do that when I see someone that has busted themselves to get something look so sweet. Also have to mention, last update with Mozilla did knock out all the nice hover colors I had which to me sucks. I know I am crazy with those colors of the stoplights for all that stuff, but I sincerely love the look. Is very discouraging and disappointing when browser takes those looks we want to achieve away. If I wanted everything to get brighter(boring) I think I would just turn the computer off and buy a bunch of 3-way lights and keep flipping the switches. To me, that is absolutely no style and totally worthy of the first Ubuntu ever created or Windows 95. Once again I bark my statement that this is 2014 not 1995.

To me color changes are the way of today since our brilliant developers have improved things so greatly. I continually love to show that point so they can shine and see what their work has done. Is a joke when I think of how MS thinks they are so so advanced and here Linux sits with these abilities of color and shading changes is just incredible and beautiful. Those bends due to shading I am using really does make things look more dimensional. Sure in the past, I have done themes and have areas looking a bit more dimensional. Now is a bit further along, but still has many things to get done. Basically right now am running on it and is under construction, so yes there are minor hassles when booting into G-Flashback of time not coming up in taskbar. Once all the mistakes and proper things are done that will be corrected.

Am also hoping to reduce the amount of colors I am using. Has been pretty amateur to keep using a huge list of colors and most likely does mess things up a bit, taking more time to load. When I started was terrible with shades and alphas, still no pro, but least am learning. FInally coming to terms realizing do not need 10 variations of the same color when shading can be adjusted. So that fact also adds to the time factor of when I will get this theme done. Believe me soon as is viable and usable to all, will post more pics on here. The Gnome tweak was just a small taste. In that picture I am showing that the highlighted green now appears bowed giving a more dimensional look to it. That appearance is now happening on all hovers and even the calendar has taken on that look in the headers. I took that pic kind of quick and sure wish I would have hovered over the drop downs(doors) in Gnome Tweak as to show the amber is more rich in color and holds the bend of the doors. Same happens on backdrop with a more richly colored red that also bends. Something I have been itching to do so will look nice. So far I love it and just hope some others will like it all when is finished.

In a way I am fearing the use of the name Cyana-3D that will mislead all to think is even more dimensional than it is, so any advice on that will be great. I just want to avoid upsetting people and mean comments. Really thanks for the advice on customize.org. I saw was a new site, but I do want more exposure of what GL has been giving me. A simple search on any browser helps any user find those themes. Since CO is still new(least I think since said beta?) probably would be more hidden and that takes away from others that may want this kind of look. Deviant Art am going to have to spend more time on there which will have soon in the fall and set up better. Really appreciate this advice as I did feel a little lame for Deviant Art, but as you say just have to do it. As have said a million times, I love art and being able to contribute makes me feel great.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Rants and Raves