Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

How large should Smartphone screen be???

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

How large should Smartphone screen be???

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Hopefully, I will not offend anyone on this as is not at all my intention! I am seeing a trend in these smartphones to reach screen sizes of 4in and greater. So, what does this do to one's aspect of being able to have their smartphone in their pocket??? Sure and hope this does not sound sexist, a woman can easily slip these larger size smartphones in their purse. Now, most of us men, prefer to slip these phones in either our shirt pockets or pants pockets. So, if this smartphone is now say 5in by 8in how well will it fit, right?

My next beef is then if a smartphone is that huge, why don't they just make a 7in and be done with it??? On the serious side, I personally feel present unit I have is sufficient, fits well in my pocket and when it comes to superior tasks that require seeing full sized objects will use my computer. I have no intention of living on my smartphone, but do understand others do. I only hope that manufacturers will understand there is a small percentage of people that think as I do and will continue producing these 3.5's that are not too bulky to fit in one's pocket.(Was not my intention, but today I did activate my smartphone out of necessity since other phone failed) Of course what is in parenthesis is outside of what I am talking about, but just to let all know I am using all the functions of this LG34C I purchased a couple weeks ago, today.

So, basically I would love to hear what others feel on this topic as to see how low a minority I am in??? I see so many of these smartphones when I am out on the job that look as large as my DirecTV remote. I almost wonder if maybe we are going backwards in technology and bringing back the original cellphone, least size wise???? Hey, just would love to hear what others think is all, okay???
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: How large should Smartphone screen be???

Postby billhedrick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:42 am

my Motorola is 5", thats big enough
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:41 am

You got it! Sincerely, I am really lost on the larger sizes??? I ask "Are we carrying a phone or a tablet?" So, personally when my current would go south and become unusable, I hope I will be able to get the same size??? I still also have to get used to many things on this LG and the aspects of Android. Last time only had about 2 weeks on a tablet and battery was shot, so did not learn a ton. Will take a bit, but will keep at, but will say enjoy it severely at present.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby chris47 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is fine for me.. I had the S3 to small IMOP.. I like the larger screens because I can type without issues, and with poor eyes can see everything.. Plus watching videos while at shipper is real nice with a larger screen.. Now they have one that is I believe 6inch, but that is to big.. Plus that particular one from Samsung they call "Mega" is a lot less in the performance sided compare to the other larger phones..
MB-ASUS Sabertooth FX 990 Rev 2.0
CPU- AMD FX 6200 X6 3.8Ghz Black Edition
RAM- 8Gig 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 1600 C9
Video-ASUS Nvidia GTX 550ti Fermi
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
HD- WD Raptor 10,000 RPm 150Gig
Monitor-Asus 23.6
PSU- Antec Earth Watts 650
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.3 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:13 am

I can understand larger, when you need to be on it for real long periods of time, which includes watching a movie. I just feel if the need came up to use it for long periods of time, would most likely buy a decent tablet. I consider these smartphones as something you use for maybe 20 minutes at a time for maybe typing an email, small programs or a phone call. To do something highly complex and time oriented, personally would choose my laptop for that. Of course that is provided I am out somewhere. Here it's PC. Still, with these small devices that can fit in our pockets(main plan of mine) can maybe effect a few things. Perhaps, someone emails me an Adobe pdf and I can send to a printer, per say my job.

Have to face it, the day of the fax machines are slowly coming to an end. As of present with these smartphones, wouldn't it be much easier to do as I stated above??? Imagine, I mean how long does it take to send an email??? Next, think about the fax side. I always have been seeing about a 15 minute range of time before those are delivered. Email can happen in about 1/3 that time. So, say I have some things to ready for an Event of say cooking a Hawaiian Pizza. Now, that 10 minutes of gain would sure help as much time is needed for preparation of the stated dish/recipe. Whereas, the time to fax delays things by 10 minutes adding to a deficit that at points can not be recovered.

Another fact have to look at is clarity of the sent fax. I would not state this, if I did not have a real bad experience with it this past weekend. Turns out, I had to have something faxed to the store I was working at. Took about 20 minutes to receive, then was it totally legible??? No, was terrible when it came to seeing the numbers of items, I was to use. I could not tell if was a 5, 6 or an S. I had to take a good guess. Now, had I not been cocky and assumed, the Event kit was at the store, I would have loaded the PDF file onto my SmartPhone and avoided this whole situation. I suppose, I am just not as Smart as my SmartPhone! So, for now on when I go do these Events, I will simply take a copy of the PDF on my SmartPhone.

Still, since this still may be an issue for others and imagine most jobs require PDFs at some point, least those that you need instructions to complete a job. So, for those, I would say if is forgotten and one has a SmartPhone, the company would be better off to just email the PDF instead of faxing so there is no worries about fax not printing correctly and information being misunderstood. Would also like to hear opinions about what have said about faxing and the situation above. I am telling the absolute truth as this happened to me this past Sunday while out on this Demo job.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves