Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

MP3 player VS Smartphone

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: MP3 player VS Smartphone

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:17 am

Xxjoker, yeah mine runs the kitty kat too. Runs well and hope you did not misunderstand anything. I say cheap, since more expensive units will also have IR which would be nice, since I have quite a few things around here that run off remotes far as stereos, TV, Satelite boxes. Unfortunately, LG did not think of that point so am out of luck. Samsung does along with HTC and not sure about who else, learning slowly but surely.

Of course in my predicament and stages of learning is better to own the cheap one first. If I do something stupid and brick it with no return there is no major loss of money, right??? Of course for now, with me having the service going, not really going to do anything drastic with this unit. Maybe, at some point when weather gets worse will attempt some things since there will be more time for it. For now, it's mostly about music and the hassles of containing more than 30gbs of music. Get these Androids over 20gbs stuffed and hassles begin. Have to remember, this unit only has 4gbs internal of which 500-800mbs is used for OS. Now for what it is doing that is remarkable. Still, yes there are going to be hassles and really just list all this to help others that are interested in doing the same thing. Xan stating that he has about 60gbs of music, does prove my point that others out in this world do contain large music collections. Am glad I am not alone on that.

Would also be awesome if you would state what unit you have and if you also have music on it. As this is a newer area for me, I have taken a great interest in these smartphones. I used to say would never own one, since I do see people living on them and avoiding the real world, but now I say is a great tool when used correctly. Had a cheap Emerson tablet that ran Ice Cream Sandwich and am beginning to think that the Ice Cream melted and destroyed it. LOL! Seriously, was a real cheapie that only ever managed to hold a charge for 20 mins top. Smartphone far surpasses that. Least the Emerson gave me a heads up that something of this nature can be an asset, so was grateful for that. Also am grateful for all the insight I get here and any I can give out.
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:52 am

Motorola, that has to be an awesome unit as those folks been in this since day one. Brings back great memories of first cell I had that was a flip, was Motorola, Star tac or something? All, I know is did remind everyone of the Star Trek communicators from original series of '66. From there, basically seems has been all LG's since they offer them at lower prices. You mention pdf's, yes always have them on mine also. Never hurts to be prepared in case my instructions are not there for Demo's I do. Have you tried that Apollo program for yours??? I know I severely enjoy it and it does move quite well when finding things I want to listen to. Your has to be expandable to least 32gb on that microSD, if not 64gb??? I say that since Motorola always paid attention to technology by being prepared. Have not checked on them lately, but can bet it since they have had an outstanding name in the world of communication.

One complaint I do have about this LG is answering the phone part. There are points no matter what I do to swipe that green icon, absolutely nothing happens. Will sort of look like a compiz effect in that around the icon is waves when I am swiping, but most importantly and the complaint, phone just keeps ringing and refuses to acknowledge I am trying to answer. So will admit, that part is very frustrating and can bet that never happens on your Motorola Droid? I know I have strayed from the original point of high capacity/large amounts of music on one's phone, but am curious and by all means if someone knows of something great to cure my finger not being recognized to answer the phone part, let me know. I feel a finger transplant is not an option, so please leave that one out.

The music part of this smartphone at points has been frustrating, far as order the music plays. Cured most of it with EasyTag, but also have to let others know, I almost was hasty in a decision to fix more, until I noticed I did not click on the particular album. Now if you are in the artist category, reasonably the order will be alphabetized. So, beware of that fact in Apollo and click on the album/cd itself to insure the order is correct. As said will always let others know when something comes up. I know sounds simple, but for some as myself, the simple things seem to confuse me most, while complexity goes more smoothly. Yes is strange, but I know I can not be the only person on that either.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:53 pm

Now that is one tough phone! As said, Motorola knows the score when communication is involved. Figured would also drop a line in case anyone else has one of these with that answering by swiping green icon problem. Have read on the net, others are experiencing this same issue. I even had to email my other boss about giving an extra few rings. Seemed it took me about 4 to 5 times swiping that icon before it realized I want to answer the call. Sure, I love my ringtone "Emerson, Lake and Palmer's Hoedown from Trilogy" but the importance of answering a call, outweighs hearing the entire song. So, just in case there are others that do not know what to do about this, read on. Go into settings and click on green telephone icon marked "Call" scroll down and select "Home button answers call" As said, others are suffering this same predicament, but may be ashamed to state this. I am not and very happy was able to find this solution and pass it on.

I was going to make a Ringtone from "ELO's Telephone Line" song but opted against as "Hoedown" really seems to make enough racket for me to know is ringing, besides love the song. You will never beat the speed "Keith Emerson" has on Keyboards. Very proud to have seen him in action before at a concert in Illinois.

I never did mention as far as weight is concerned. Now, when I had the Zune that thing weighed a bit, probably near a quarter pound or more. So basically, I had to wear the Zune on a clip on my belt which was sort of "awkward" while hoeing in my garden. Have found I can simply put this smartphone in my back left pocket, facing screen out from body and put earbuds under shirt up to my ears. Will say this is much more effective than the previous Zune, and much less of a hassle. Weight on this thing is probably an eight of a pound or less. Never feel it in the back pocket. If I did that with the Zune, probably my pants would have fell down.

Also on a sunny day, there was no possible way to see the screen on the Zune. I almost always had to set before I went out in the garden to hoe. This smartphone, not so, is easy to see and the fact Apollo has all artists illustrated so well, takes less time to find what I am looking for then the Zune could ever come close to. Sure I know there is some years spread between the Zune and this LG34C, but same technology of that Zune pretty much still exists on the larger Apple counterparts which cost in the range of $250 for the 120gb. Of course I only have 32gbs of capacity right now, but is good enough as it would never be possible to listen to 32gbs at once. I can always swap mp3's in and out from that. Just figured would mention all this as this is what my topic started as. I sincerely believe the smartphone has a major advantage over mp3 players due to weight and accessibility. Then, we have to take into consideration with this smartphone we have the added advantage of also answering the phone. Will state was a great option today, since I was out in the garden hoeing away, when my boss called. Basically, the song that was playing went into a paused state while the phone was ringing(Hoedown). Now had I only been using a regular mp3 player, I would have had to walk quite a distance back to the house and answer the phone. This way, answered it, then went back to "Show must go on" off the Pink Floyd The Wall disk. Then went back to hoeing. I really am seeing the advantages of this smartphone.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:09 pm

I'm pretty sure my Apple does not use Zune technology, but since you are the only person who owns one, I'll take your word for it.

You can have my RAZR, lol. POS Dead stupid locked down battery worthless crap.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:00 pm

I must have worded what I said wrong, am good at that. What I mean is results of Zune and Ipod are about the same. Both hold the about the same amount of storage and the screens are difficult to see on sunny days. See, that messes those of us up that are working in the yard on a sunny day as I do. Format types are different. I did try an Ipod of course was messed up and did not work. Is what I get for trying a used one. Ah, the joys of low budgets.

Now, both Zune and Ipod have to have their respective programs to load music, videos, etc on. With this smartphone not an issue, no program needed as Linux and Android are relatives. Of course, you do have to watch out for fights between the two. Is not wise to open up Banshee or any other music program on the host computer while smartphone is attached. Believe me, did that accidentally and had to close it or watch it go goofy turning colors. I do not miss those added programs for loading mp3 players as also had a Sansa Fuse. Ironically, I bought the Sansa about a month before the Zune and to this day is still running. I gave it to my wife. She uses it every day. Is very fortunate Sansa will still function with Linux, so can still load it without having that program.

Largest reason I use Linux is am tired of loading a thousand programs after system is installed. I generally build my OS with all that will need, so do not have to worry about programs/disks being misplaced. Then there is the fact, almost all programs are updated within a 6month period, making those disks I previously burned before those updates, useless. So, yes I sure did get tired of that game of wondering where disks are and if they are still good.

I told you I was wrapped up in MS for a very long time. Oh what a fool I was to buy into their brainwashing. Imagine if I would have been on Linux even 5 years ago, what I would be able to accomplish now??? Least, I woke up to the fact their story was just that. I have everyone here to thank for waking me up and as said will always do my best to share whatever I learn. Why? Everyone here did that for me, so will always do the same. I keep hoping Sansa will increase their capacity, but thus far have not gone to being able to use a 128gb microSD. Sony neither, although ironically their quad-core smartphones are capable of that capacity??? Yes, heard that right and is amazing as would think their mp3 players would also have that capability, but suppose Sony is starting to understand what I said in my last post about what device will most people use??? I say Smartphone, since can have the player and the phone. I mean, I love my music but when something important comes up and have to stop listening, by all means I do.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves