Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ravenswood VS Asus Laptop!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Ravenswood VS Asus Laptop!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:33 am

Some may look at my signature with Laptop running same OS as Desktop. Now will say, Ravenswood is awesome on a Quad-Core but unfortunately laptop is only a dual-core so at points things slow down a bit! I knew these points upon assembly of this monster, but opted to keep both running identical! Since I have been with computers since 2001, I have learned that faster is not always better anyway! In the past I have watch some OS's jump to action and only fail with result! So, I can handle waiting that extra couple of seconds it takes when the result is on the money!

Now, I could have run some simplistic system that would boot in no time at all, but then when I would get to the desktop would it be usable or suitable for what I need it for??? No! I like working on things and taking care of what has to be done! I also donned this OS since I knew the desktop was destined to break down! If you notice PC is over 5 years old! This is the first PC, I have ever owned that made it that far in age! Sure, past PC's ran Windows and hate to say their systems seem to just eat PC's! So, it was a perfect idea that Ravenswood be installed to this laptop! Why? PC has not went coput! Power supply is fried and possibly one of the ram chips. Currently, I can not afford to purchase new parts for it, but should be able to fix it within a few weeks when I get paid!

So, now all things I do are on this laptop which is quite capable and the mirror image of what I have been using for months! Only thing that differs is recent downloads and tandem 500gig hard drive with many files on it! Sure will miss all those files for a bit, but still up and going with this laptop running very similar to the other minus taking a couple seconds longer! Now, I do have Win7 on this also, but when it comes to usb3.0 am done! No capability for it, so is pretty much out of the question, but to me mostly Windows is out of the question anyway!

Now that my rambling is over, am just curious also if others run the same OS on their laptop as they do their PC??? What is to be done when your PC goes out and have nothing but your laptop??? Would just love to hear ideas and different outlooks for situations of such. Basically, I think I have all covered and should not be any hassle, but just like to hear ideas so if there ever is a next time as current could even be more prepared! RIght now will say is awesome since I hooked up usb keyboard and mouse! Sorry, I just never have luck with laptop keyboards with my big hands! Even though touch with the mouse is more accurate than I ever saw on MS, I still do not like it so much so am always happier to use my mouse! Same questions also extend to tablets and smartphones as we all know those are very capable devices!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Ravenswood VS Asus Laptop!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Is more than what I have ever run on this laptop! Largest problem I am having is with JET! Figure MS always has to bit me in the behind on all this!!!! Everything Linux runs like a dream, but sure programs that are more designed to work with 4-cores run a little slower, but they do run! Think by Friday will have the PC back up as have said ole lady has the same so I was able to insure ram is not the cause! Problem stems from one of my cats chewing on the power cord which wound up shorting the power supply! Even if there would have been a guarantee on the power supply, am sure cats the chew would not be covered!!!!

Been working a lot of hours, finally!!! Have a good check coming in, but of course will not be til Friday!!! Is a pain with all this! That 4-core deals with JET so so much better! See with this hokey pokey wireless connection(Verizon 3g) just does not grab as easily as would a cable connection! Somehow those 4-cores grab easier when is busy and never have a problem! Now when there is not much people using that service, works alright just is hectic when is crowded as it appears to be now!

Tonight, I have been waiting for about an hour to fill out a crazy little thing for work and then have it all accepted! Generally this whole process takes no more than 15 minuted top on the desktop! Usually is no more than 20 on the laptop but tonight is different! Have to love all this MS garbage!!!! Now, one can understand why I am always cussing at MS, since their stuff is always my achilles heal with anything I ever want to do!!! Ah, finally has completed!!!! Only one hour to do what should take no more than 20 minutes!!!! So now maybe people can understand why MS frustrates me so much!!!

I also had not started up Win 7 in a month and its first response was to sit there checking files for about 25minutes. Ubuntu's response???? SImple, got to the desktop and had the new kernel to update and a few other things somewhere in the range of 150mbs and was done faster than MS's file check!!!! Of course during this, I had also checked on a few things such as email, here and some other sites!!! Multi-task exists on Ubuntu but not so much on Windows!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves