Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Xavius soon to be retired!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Xavius soon to be retired!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:22 pm

It's been a long haul for building Ravenswood(13.10) as to bring the retirement of Xavius. Xavius was built on my laptop which also gave trouble for 2 systems prior. To avoid the major hassles, I did Ravenswood on my PC. Of course it gave me hell! Xavius is decaying and in dyer need of being replaced! To be honest is a miracle I have been able to get the performance out of it that I did. It started out fairly crippled, due to iriversible damage from trying to force loading of Gnome 3.10! Had I not tried that I am sure I would have had great results! The 13.04 before that was a total disaster! Still, I am seeing that along the way there is improvement so is worth the time and effort! Each distro gets better and has less hassles!

Of course, since my computer is edging towards dinosaur status, I am going to wind up with hassles on video! The performance is not going to be there. Since 12.10 I have been unable to use fglrx, which did improve things greatly! As I test Ravenswood, I can see there are discrepancies with my themes. Also the fact, my shell theme is giving me hell! Sure, I did muff some lines, but they were corrected and it still could not make it to the desktop showing is just not able to handle the strain of newer systems! Could be first test with shell theme was missing dependencies, but due to regular desktop themes of mine not showing text color properly, I assume is because of this new implementation into the Gnome Desktop for graphics. Hoping am wrong on this as I sure have enjoyed the way Gnome 3.8 displayed my themes, since they were exactly as I wrote them! Scrolling down the menu on Cyana would display a brighter Cyan coloring, in 3.10 it showed red, which is nowhere in the coloring scheme for text!

Xavius flopped this time on ThumbOS! It took its sweet time! Just hoping will finish soon as have waited an hour for it! As have said Xavius is getting wore out! I run all day and a great part of the night! Cards were stacked against Xavius from the beginning. I did at first try to avoid using it, but there was nothing that could fix that other Humpty Dumpty! Is the main reason I will never build with a full blown Ubuntu! Too much junk in them!!! So, any way everyone knows by now am crying about aptitude! Without further delay, I want to show what the output is for Xavius:

Code: Select all
bob@bob-System-Product-Name:~$ sudo aptitude -f install
[sudo] password for bob:
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  amarok-doc blender-codecs-ffmpeg2.0 casper clean-ubiquity fwts
  fwts-efi-runtime-dkms gawk-doc gnucash-docs libbit-vector-perl
  libcarp-clan-perl libcurl4-openssl-dev{b} libdate-calc-perl
  libdate-calc-xs-perl libdebian-installer4-dev{b} libfwts1 libfwtsacpica1
  libfwtsiasl1 libmail-spf-perl libmupen64plus2:i386 libnetaddr-ip-perl
  libreadline-gplv2-dev{b} libreiser4-dev libxine2-doc
  linux-headers-3.8.0-19 linux-headers-3.8.0-19-generic
  linux-headers-3.8.0-32 linux-headers-3.8.0-32-generic
  linux-headers-3.8.0-34 linux-headers-3.8.0-34-generic
  linux-image-3.8.0-32-generic linux-image-extra-3.8.0-32-generic
  linux-tools-3.8.0-32 live-tools localechooser-data lupin-casper
  openjdk-7-jre-lib python-pythonmagick re2c spamassassin spamc
  ubiquity-frontend-gtk ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu user-setup virtualbox
  virtualbox-dkms virtualbox-guest-additions-iso virtualbox-qt
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  dbus
0 packages upgraded, 47 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 237 MB of archives. After unpacking 645 MB will be used.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 udisks2 : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 libunique-1.0-0 : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 audacious : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 tracker : Depends: dbus (>= 1.3.1) but it is not going to be installed.
 libreadline-gplv2-dev : Conflicts: libreadline-dev but 6.2-9ubuntu1 is installed.
                         Conflicts: libreadline6-dev but 6.2-9ubuntu1 is installed.
 upower : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 evolution : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 udisks : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 rhythmbox : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 accountsservice : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 lightdm : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 language-selector-common : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 policykit-1 : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 bluez : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 libcurl4-openssl-dev : Conflicts: libcurl-dev which is a virtual package.
                        Conflicts: libcurl4-gnutls-dev but 7.29.0-1ubuntu3.4 is installed.
 libreadline6-dev : Conflicts: libreadline-gplv2-dev but 5.2+dfsg-1 is to be installed.
 network-manager : Depends: dbus (>= 1.1.2) but it is not going to be installed.
 libgnomevfs2-0 : Depends: dbus (>= 0.90) but it is not going to be installed.
 systemd-services : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 libcurl4-gnutls-dev : Conflicts: libcurl-dev which is a virtual package.
                       Conflicts: libcurl4-openssl-dev but 7.29.0-1ubuntu3.4 is to be installed.
 libunique-3.0-0 : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 virtualbox-4.3 : Conflicts: virtualbox but 4.2.10-dfsg-0ubuntu2.1 is to be installed.
                  Conflicts: virtualbox-guest-additions-iso but 4.2.10-1 is to be installed.
 avahi-daemon : Depends: dbus (>= 1.2.16-0ubuntu3) but it is not going to be installed.
 dbus-x11 : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 system-tools-backends : Depends: dbus (>= 1.1.2) but it is not going to be installed.
 libvirt-bin : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.
 libdebian-installer4-dev : Depends: libdebian-installer-extra4 (= 0.85ubuntu3) but it is not going to be installed.
 consolekit : Depends: dbus (>= 1.1.2) but it is not going to be installed.
 libreadline-dev : Conflicts: libreadline-gplv2-dev but 5.2+dfsg-1 is to be installed.
open: 436; closed: 6354; defer: 238; conflict: 296                             oThe following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Remove the following packages:                                           
1)       account-plugin-aim                                                     
2)       account-plugin-jabber                                                 
3)       account-plugin-salut                                                   
4)       account-plugin-yahoo                                                   
5)       accountsservice                                                       
6)       acpi-support                                                           
7)       agave                                                                 
8)       aisleriot                                                             
9)       akregator                                                             
10)      amarok                                                                 
11)      apt-watch-backend                                                     
12)      apt-watch-gnome                                                       
13)      aptdaemon                                                             
14)      ark                                                                   
15)      audacious                                                             
16)      audiocd-kio                                                           
17)      avahi-daemon                                                           
18)      avahi-discover                                                         
19)      avahi-utils                                                           
20)      bluefish                                                               
21)      bluefish-dbg                                                           
22)      bluez                                                                 
23)      bluez-alsa                                                             
24)      bluez-alsa:i386                                                       
25)      bluez-gstreamer                                                       
26)      brasero                                                               
27)      camorama                                                               
28)      celestia                                                               
29)      celestia-gnome                                                         
30)      cervisia                                                               
31)      checkbox                                                               
32)      checkbox-cli                                                           
33)      checkbox-gtk                                                           
34)      checkbox-qt                                                           
35)      cinnamon                                                               
36)      cinnamon-bluetooth                                                     
37)      cinnamon-control-center                                               
38)      cinnamon-screensaver                                                   
39)      cinnamon-session                                                       
40)      clamtk-kde                                                             
41)      colord                                                                 
42)      compiz                                                                 
43)      compiz-gnome                                                           
44)      compizconfig-backend-gconf                                             
45)      consolekit                                                             
46)      cvsservice                                                             
47)      dbus-x11                                                               
48)      deja-dup-backend-gvfs                                                 
49)      deja-dup-backend-ubuntuone                                             
50)      dia-gnome                                                             
51)      distccmon-gnome                                                       
52)      dolphin                                                               
53)      dragonplayer                                                           
54)      dvd95                                                                 
55)      empathy                                                               
56)      evolution                                                             
57)      evolution-indicator                                                   
58)      evolution-plugins                                                     
59)      exo-utils                                                             
60)      filelight                                                             
61)      firmware-extract                                                       
62)      firmware-tools                                                         
63)      firmware-tools-gui                                                     
64)      foomatic-gui                                                           
65)      gconf-defaults-service                                                 
66)      gconf-editor                                                           
67)      gconf2                                                                 
68)      gcr                                                                   
69)      gdebi                                                                 
70)      gdebi-kde                                                             
71)      gdm                                                                   
72)      gecko-mediaplayer                                                     
73)      gksu                                                                   
74)      glade-gnome                                                           
75)      glade-xfce                                                             
76)      gnome                                                                 
77)      gnome-activity-journal                                                 
78)      gnome-applets                                                         
79)      gnome-applets-data                                                     
80)      gnome-bluetooth                                                       
81)      gnome-boxes                                                           
82)      gnome-color-chooser                                                   
83)      gnome-color-manager                                                   
84)      gnome-control-center                                                   
85)      gnome-control-center-signon                                           
86)      gnome-core                                                             
87)      gnome-disk-utility                                                     
88)      gnome-documents                                                       
89)      gnome-gmail                                                           
90)      gnome-keyring                                                         
91)      gnome-media                                                           
92)      gnome-media-player                                                     
93)      gnome-osd                                                             
94)      gnome-power-manager                                                   
95)      gnome-screensaver                                                     
96)      gnome-session                                                         
97)      gnome-session-bin                                                     
98)      gnome-session-fallback                                                 
99)      gnome-session-flashback                                               
100)     gnome-shell                                                           
101)     gnome-shell-dbg                                                       
102)     gnome-shell-extensions                                                 
103)     gnome-sushi                                                           
104)     gnome-system-log                                                       
105)     gnome-system-tools                                                     
106)     gnome-time-admin                                                       
107)     gnome-user-share                                                       
108)     gnome-xcf-thumbnailer                                                 
109)     gnomecatalog                                                           
110)     gnucash                                                               
111)     gnucash-common                                                         
112)     google-earth-stable                                                   
113)     grub-customizer                                                       
114)     gshare                                                                 
115)     gstreamer0.10-gconf                                                   
116)     gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs                                                 
117)     gufw                                                                   
118)     gvfs                                                                   
119)     gvfs:i386                                                             
120)     gvfs-backends                                                         
121)     gvfs-daemons                                                           
122)     gvfs-dbg                                                               
123)     gvfs-fuse                                                             
124)     gwenview                                                               
125)     hamster-applet                                                         
126)     hamster-indicator                                                     
127)     hplip                                                                 
128)     hplip-gui                                                             
129)     ia32-libs                                                             
130)     ia32-libs-multiarch:i386                                               
131)     ibus                                                                   
132)     ibus-pinyin                                                           
133)     ibus-table                                                             
134)     indicator-bluetooth                                                   
135)     indicator-datetime                                                     
136)     indicator-power                                                       
137)     indicator-session                                                     
138)     indicator-sound                                                       
139)     ink-generator                                                         
140)     inkscape                                                               
141)     jasper                                                                 
142)     jovie                                                                 
143)     juk                                                                   
144)     k3b                                                                   
145)     k3b-i18n                                                               
146)     k3d                                                                   
147)     k9copy                                                                 
148)     kaccessible                                                           
149)     kaddressbook                                                           
150)     kate                                                                   
151)     kcalc                                                                 
152)     kcolorchooser                                                         
153)     kde-baseapps                                                           
154)     kde-baseapps-bin                                                       
155)     kde-plasma-desktop                                                     
156)     kde-runtime                                                           
157)     kde-standard                                                           
158)     kde-style-oxygen                                                       
159)     kde-window-manager                                                     
160)     kde-window-manager-common                                             
161)     kde-workspace                                                         
162)     kde-workspace-bin                                                     
163)     kdelibs5-plugins                                                       
164)     kdemultimedia-kio-plugins                                             
165)     kdepasswd                                                             
166)     kdepim-runtime                                                         
167)     kdeplasma-addons                                                       
168)     kdm                                                                   
169)     kfind                                                                 
170)     khelpcenter4                                                           
171)     kinfocenter                                                           
172)     klipper                                                               
173)     kmail                                                                 
174)     kmenuedit                                                             
175)     kmix                                                                   
176)     kmouth                                                                 
177)     knotes                                                                 
178)     kolourpaint4                                                           
179)     kompare                                                               
180)     konq-plugins                                                           
181)     konqueror                                                             
182)     konqueror-nsplugins                                                   
183)     konsole                                                               
184)     kopete                                                                 
185)     kopete-message-indicator                                               
186)     korganizer                                                             
187)     kscreensaver                                                           
188)     kscreensaver-xsavers                                                   
189)     ksnapshot                                                             
190)     ksysguard                                                             
191)     kubuntu-debug-installer                                               
192)     kwalletmanager                                                         
193)     kwrite                                                                 
194)     landscape-client-ui-install                                           
195)     language-selector-common                                               
196)     libbonoboui2-0                                                         
197)     libbonoboui2-dev                                                       
198)     libcalendarsupport4                                                   
199)     libcanberra-pulse                                                     
200)     libeventviews4                                                         
201)     libexo-1-0                                                             
202)     libgconf2-dev                                                         
203)     libgksu2-0                                                             
204)     libgnome-media-profiles-3.0-0                                         
205)     libgnome-vfs2.0-cil                                                   
206)     libgnome2-0                                                           
207)     libgnome2-bin                                                         
208)     libgnome2-common                                                       
209)     libgnome2-dev                                                         
210)     libgnome2-perl                                                         
211)     libgnome2-vfs-perl                                                     
212)     libgnome2.24-cil                                                       
213)     libgnomeui-0                                                           
214)     libgnomeui-dev                                                         
215)     libgnomevfs2-0                                                         
216)     libgnomevfs2-bin                                                       
217)     libgnomevfs2-common                                                   
218)     libgnomevfs2-dev                                                       
219)     libgnomevfs2-extra                                                     
220)     libincidenceeditorsng4                                                 
221)     libkateinterfaces4                                                     
222)     libkdepim4                                                             
223)     libkdepimdbusinterfaces4                                               
224)     libkgapi0                                                             
225)     libkolab0                                                             
226)     libkopete4                                                             
227)     libksieveui4                                                           
228)     libmailcommon4                                                         
229)     libmailimporter4                                                       
230)     libmessagecomposer4                                                   
231)     libmessagecore4                                                       
232)     libmessagelist4                                                       
233)     libmessageviewer4                                                     
234)     libnss-mdns                                                           
235)     liboobs-1-5                                                           
236)     libpam-systemd                                                         
237)     libpanel-applet-4-dev                                                 
238)     libpimcommon4                                                         
239)     libqapt2-runtime                                                       
240)     libreoffice-gnome                                                     
241)     libsyncdaemon-1.0-1                                                   
242)     libtemplateparser4                                                     
243)     libthunar-vfs-1-2                                                     
244)     libthunarx-2-0                                                         
245)     libunique-1.0-0                                                       
246)     libunique-3.0-0                                                       
247)     libunique-dev                                                         
248)     libvirt-bin                                                           
249)     libxfce4ui-1-0                                                         
250)     libxfce4ui-1-dev                                                       
251)     libxfce4ui-utils                                                       
252)     libxfconf-0-2                                                         
253)     libxfconf-0-dev                                                       
254)     lightdm                                                               
255)     lightdm-kde-greeter                                                   
256)     mcp-account-manager-uoa                                               
257)     nautilus                                                               
258)     nautilus-actions                                                       
259)     nautilus-open-terminal                                                 
260)     nautilus-sendto                                                       
261)     nautilus-sendto-empathy                                               
262)     nemo                                                                   
263)     nemo-compare                                                           
264)     nemo-fileroller                                                       
265)     nemo-preview                                                           
266)     nemo-rabbitvcs                                                         
267)     network-manager                                                       
268)     network-manager-gnome                                                 
269)     oem-config                                                             
270)     oem-config-debconf                                                     
271)     ogmrip                                                                 
272)     ogmrip-ac3                                                             
273)     ogmrip-mpeg                                                           
274)     ogmrip-profiles                                                       
275)     ogmrip-video-copy                                                     
276)     okteta                                                                 
277)     okular                                                                 
278)     oneconf                                                               
279)     orage                                                                 
280)     parole                                                                 
281)     partitionmanager                                                       
282)     planner                                                               
283)     plasma-dataengines-workspace                                           
284)     plasma-desktop                                                         
285)     plasma-runners-addons                                                 
286)     plasma-wallpapers-addons                                               
287)     plasma-widget-lancelot                                                 
288)     plasma-widget-networkmanagement                                       
289)     plasma-widgets-addons                                                 
290)     plasma-widgets-workspace                                               
291)     policykit-1                                                           
292)     policykit-1-gnome                                                     
293)     polkit-kde-1                                                           
294)     printer-driver-postscript-hp                                           
295)     pulseaudio                                                             
296)     pulseaudio-module-x11                                                 
297)     python-gnome2                                                         
298)     python-kde4                                                           
299)     python-ubuntu-sso-client                                               
300)     python-ubuntuone-control-panel                                         
301)     python3-pykde4                                                         
302)     qapt-batch                                                             
303)     remmina                                                               
304)     remmina-plugin-rdp                                                     
305)     remmina-plugin-vnc                                                     
306)     rhythmbox                                                             
307)     rhythmbox-mozilla                                                     
308)     rhythmbox-plugin-cdrecorder                                           
309)     rhythmbox-plugin-zeitgeist                                             
310)     rhythmbox-plugins                                                     
311)     rhythmbox-ubuntuone                                                   
312)     ristretto                                                             
313)     rygel-tracker                                                         
314)     seahorse                                                               
315)     sessioninstaller                                                       
316)     shotwell                                                               
317)     software-center                                                       
318)     sound-juicer                                                           
319)     squeeze                                                               
320)     sweeper                                                               
321)     system-tools-backends                                                 
322)     systemd-services                                                       
323)     systemsettings                                                         
324)     telepathy-salut                                                       
325)     terminator                                                             
326)     thunar                                                                 
327)     thunar-archive-plugin                                                 
328)     thunar-media-tags-plugin                                               
329)     thunar-sendto-clamtk                                                   
330)     thunar-vcs-plugin                                                     
331)     thunar-volman                                                         
332)     tomboy                                                                 
333)     tracker                                                               
334)     tracker-extract                                                       
335)     tracker-gui                                                           
336)     tracker-miner-fs                                                       
337)     tracker-utils                                                         
338)     ubiquity                                                               
339)     ubiquity-frontend-debconf                                             
340)     ubuntu-release-upgrader-gtk                                           
341)     ubuntu-sso-client                                                     
342)     ubuntu-sso-client-qt                                                   
343)     ubuntu-standard                                                       
344)     ubuntu-system-service                                                 
345)     ubuntuone-client                                                       
346)     ubuntuone-client-gnome                                                 
347)     ubuntuone-control-panel                                               
348)     ubuntuone-control-panel-qt                                             
349)     udisks                                                                 
350)     udisks2                                                               
351)     ultimate-edition-thumbos                                               
352)     umbrello                                                               
353)     update-manager                                                         
354)     update-notifier                                                       
355)     upower                                                                 
356)     usb-creator-common                                                     
357)     usb-creator-gtk                                                       
358)     usb-creator-kde                                                       
359)     xfburn                                                                 
360)     xfce4                                                                 
361)     xfce4-appfinder                                                       
362)     xfce4-battery-plugin                                                   
363)     xfce4-clipman                                                         
364)     xfce4-clipman-plugin                                                   
365)     xfce4-cpufreq-plugin                                                   
366)     xfce4-cpugraph-plugin                                                 
367)     xfce4-datetime-plugin                                                 
368)     xfce4-dict                                                             
369)     xfce4-diskperf-plugin                                                 
370)     xfce4-fsguard-plugin                                                   
371)     xfce4-genmon-plugin                                                   
372)     xfce4-goodies                                                         
373)     xfce4-indicator-plugin                                                 
374)     xfce4-mailwatch-plugin                                                 
375)     xfce4-mixer                                                           
376)     xfce4-mount-plugin                                                     
377)     xfce4-netload-plugin                                                   
378)     xfce4-notes                                                           
379)     xfce4-notes-plugin                                                     
380)     xfce4-notifyd                                                         
381)     xfce4-panel                                                           
382)     xfce4-places-plugin                                                   
383)     xfce4-power-manager                                                   
384)     xfce4-power-manager-plugins                                           
385)     xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin                                             
386)     xfce4-screenshooter                                                   
387)     xfce4-sensors-plugin                                                   
388)     xfce4-session                                                         
389)     xfce4-settings                                                         
390)     xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin                                             
391)     xfce4-systemload-plugin                                               
392)     xfce4-terminal                                                         
393)     xfce4-timer-plugin                                                     
394)     xfce4-verve-plugin                                                     
395)     xfce4-volumed                                                         
396)     xfce4-wavelan-plugin                                                   
397)     xfce4-weather-plugin                                                   
398)     xfce4-xkb-plugin                                                       
399)     xfconf                                                                 
400)     xfdesktop4                                                             
401)     xfwm4                                                                 
402)     xmms2-plugin-all                                                       
403)     xmms2-plugin-gvfs                                                     
404)     xul-ext-ubufox                                                         

Keep the following packages at their current version:                   
405)     libcurl4-openssl-dev [Not Installed]                                   
406)     libdebian-installer4-dev [Not Installed]                               
407)     libreadline-gplv2-dev [Not Installed]                                 
408)     libreiser4-dev [Not Installed]                                         
409)     ubiquity-frontend-gtk [Not Installed]                                 
410)     virtualbox [Not Installed]                                             
411)     virtualbox-dkms [Not Installed]                                       
412)     virtualbox-guest-additions-iso [Not Installed]                         
413)     virtualbox-qt [Not Installed]                                         

Leave the following dependencies unresolved:                             
414)     deja-dup recommends deja-dup-backend-gvfs                             
415)     deja-dup recommends policykit-1                                       
416)     foomatic-filters recommends colord                                     
417)     gnome-session-canberra recommends libcanberra-pulse                   
418)     libavahi-compat-libdnssd1 recommends libnss-mdns                       
419)     libbonobo2-0 recommends dbus-x11                                       
420)     oneconf recommends software-center (>= 4.1.21)                         
421)     oneconf recommends update-notifier (>= 0.103)                         
422)     policykit-desktop-privileges recommends policykit-1                   
423)     python-aptdaemon recommends aptdaemon                                 
424)     python3-aptdaemon recommends aptdaemon                                 
425)     remmina-common recommends remmina                                     
426)     speech-dispatcher recommends pulseaudio                               
427)     system-config-printer-common recommends avahi-utils                   
428)     argyll recommends consolekit                                           
429)     arista recommends gnome-codec-install                                 
430)     audacious-plugins recommends audacious (>= 2.4.3)                     
431)     bzr-gtk recommends seahorse                                           
432)     dia-common recommends dia | dia-gnome                                 
433)     dia-libs recommends dia | dia-gnome                                   
434)     glade-gnome recommends libgnomeui-dev                                 
435)     glade-gnome recommends libbonoboui2-dev                               
436)     gnome-applets recommends policykit-1-gnome                             
437)     gnome-media recommends gnome-control-center                           
438)     gnucash-common recommends gnucash (>= 1:2.4.12-1)                     
439)     gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs recommends libgnomevfs2-extra                   
440)     gthumb recommends gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs                               
441)     indicator-applet recommends indicator-sound                           
442)     indicator-applet-complete recommends indicator-session                 
443)     indicator-applet-complete recommends indicator-sound                   
444)     indicator-applet-session recommends indicator-session                 
445)     libcolord-gtk1 recommends colord                                       
446)     libgnome2-vfs-perl recommends libgnomevfs2-extra                       
447)     libmono-zeroconf1.0-cil recommends avahi-daemon                       
448)     libreoffice recommends libreoffice-gnome | libreoffice-kde             
449)     lxde recommends policykit-1-gnome                                     
450)     lxde-core recommends gksu                                             
451)     meld recommends python-gnome2                                         
452)     movixmaker-2 recommends libgnome2-perl                                 
453)     movixmaker-2 recommends libgnome2-vfs-perl                             
454)     orage recommends dbus-x11                                             
455)     pcmanfm recommends gvfs-backends                                       
456)     pcmanfm recommends gvfs-fuse                                           
457)     printer-driver-all recommends printer-driver-postscript-hp             
458)     terminator recommends python-gnome2                                   
459)     thunar recommends dbus-x11                                             
460)     thunar recommends udisks2                                             
461)     xfce4-power-manager recommends consolekit                             
462)     xfce4-power-manager-data recommends xfce4-power-manager               
463)     xfce4-screenshooter recommends xfce4-panel (>= 4.9.2)                 
464)     xfce4-terminal recommends dbus-x11                                     
465)     xfdesktop4 recommends dbus-x11                                         
466)     virtualbox-guest-additions-iso recommends virtualbox (>= 4.2.10)       
467)     apport recommends policykit-1                                         
468)     apport-gtk recommends update-notifier                                 
469)     cups recommends avahi-daemon                                           
470)     cups recommends colord                                                 
471)     cups-daemon recommends avahi-daemon                                   
472)     cups-daemon recommends colord                                         
473)     cups-filters recommends colord                                         
474)     firefox recommends xul-ext-ubufox                                     
475)     ghostscript-cups recommends colord                                     
476)     hplip recommends avahi-daemon                                         
477)     libaccount-plugin-1.0-0 recommends gnome-control-center-signon         
478)     liblightdm-gobject-1-0 recommends lightdm                             
479)     liblightdm-gobject-1-0 recommends accountsservice                     
480)     liblightdm-qt-2-0 recommends lightdm                                   
481)     libsane-hpaio recommends hplip (= 3.13.3-1ubuntu0.1)                   
482)     libsolid4 recommends udisks                                           
483)     libsolid4 recommends upower                                           
484)     lightdm recommends unity-greeter | lightdm-greeter | lightdm-kde-greete
485)     network-manager-gnome recommends gnome-bluetooth                       
486)     openjdk-7-jre recommends libgnome2-0                                   
487)     openjdk-7-jre recommends libgnomevfs2-0                               
488)     amarok recommends kdemultimedia-kio-plugins (>= 4:4.2.0)               
489)     amarok-common recommends amarok (>= 2:2.7.0-0ubuntu2.1)               
490)     amarok-doc recommends amarok (>= 2:2.7.0-0ubuntu2.1)                   
491)     banshee recommends brasero                                             
492)     banshee recommends avahi-daemon                                       
493)     jovie recommends kmouth                                               
494)     kde-runtime recommends udisks                                         
495)     konqueror recommends dolphin                                           
496)     konqueror recommends kfind                                             
497)     kscreensaver recommends kde-window-manager                             
498)     kscreensaver-xsavers recommends kde-window-manager                     
499)     kscreensaver-xsavers recommends kscreensaver (= 4:4.10.4-0ubuntu0.1)   
500)     libkopete4 recommends kopete (= 4:4.10.5+dfsg1-0ubuntu0.1)             
501)     plasma-desktop recommends kde-workspace                               
502)     synaptic recommends gksu | kdebase-bin | policykit-1                   
503)     xfce4-session recommends xfwm4                                         
504)     xfce4-session recommends xfdesktop4                                   
505)     xfce4-session recommends consolekit                                   
506)     xfce4-session recommends upower                                       
507)     xfce4-session recommends dbus-x11                                     
508)     evince recommends dbus-x11                                             
509)     evince recommends gvfs                                                 
510)     file-roller recommends gvfs                                           
511)     gnome-panel recommends gnome-applets                                   
512)     gnome-panel recommends gnome-session (>= 2.26)                         
513)     gnome-panel recommends gnome-session-flashback                         
514)     gnome-panel recommends gnome-control-center                           
515)     gnome-panel recommends gvfs                                           
516)     evolution-common recommends evolution                                 
517)     empathy recommends telepathy-salut                                     
518)     cheese recommends gvfs                                                 
519)     cheese recommends nautilus-sendto                                     
520)     libpam-gnome-keyring recommends gnome-keyring                         
521)     gvfs-backends recommends gnome-keyring                                 
522)     software-center recommends update-notifier                             
523)     software-center recommends sessioninstaller                           
524)     gnome-online-accounts recommends gnome-control-center (>= 3.6.1)       
525)     gvfs-daemons recommends dbus                                           
526)     gvfs-daemons recommends policykit-1-gnome                             
527)     gvfs-common recommends gvfs                                           
528)     rhythmbox-data recommends rhythmbox                                   
529)     mcp-account-manager-uoa recommends gnome-control-center-signon         
530)     mcp-account-manager-uoa recommends account-plugin-salut               
531)     gnome-calculator recommends gvfs                                       
532)     gnome-session-flashback recommends gnome-power-manager                 
533)     gnome-system-monitor recommends gvfs                                   
534)     gnome-terminal recommends gvfs                                         
535)     gnome-terminal recommends dbus-x11                                     
536)     vino recommends gvfs                                                   
537)     gnome-screensaver recommends gnome-power-manager | xfce4-power-manager
538)     libdbus-1-3 recommends dbus                                           
539)     gnome-settings-daemon recommends pulseaudio                           
540)     upower recommends policykit-1                                         
541)     gnome-control-center-data recommends gnome-control-center (>= 1:3.8.3-0
542)     libcolord1 recommends colord                                           
543)     libdbus-1-3:i386 recommends dbus:i386                                 
544)     cinnamon recommends gnome-session-bin                                 
545)     cinnamon recommends cinnamon-bluetooth                                 
546)     cinnamon-screensaver recommends gnome-power-manager | xfce4-power-manag
547)     cinnamon-control-center-data recommends cinnamon-control-center (>= 2.0
548)     cinnamon-settings-daemon recommends pulseaudio                         
549)     cinnamon-settings-daemon recommends systemd-services                   
550)     boot-sav recommends gksu                                               

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
YOU STONED?????

Now, if I accepted that solution would be very close to the equivalent of using OS-Uninstaller as there would be no OS left!!!! Believe me, I said yes first time I ran it and wiped out the entire OS! Hope you will take my word for it that using command "apt-get -f install" is a completely different story! Says no problem!!!! Damn there's a vast difference between these two commands! Am sorry, but with this current OS or even upcoming, I hardly call aptitude "Friendly Package Management." Think about it, aptitude wants to totally disassemble this OS! On new one wants to put the original kernel in with a fully functional kernel. Does this make sense???? All for the sake, that dummy me forgot bluetooth did not install properly!

When I accepted aptitude's solution, what aptitude told me it would do and what it did were two different things! I wish I would have not been so stupid!!!! First aptitude said it would install the original kernel and configure bluetooth! What a lie!!!!! Aptitude installed the old kernel and totally flopped on configuring bluetooth! So it left me with 2 kernels and headers!!! So, I had to uninstall the old kernel and re-install the new one. Once the new one was re-installed, of course Bluetooth was configured with it! Was a long day yesterday and I forgot the point about simply re-installing the kernel. If I would have, I would not have this current issue with aptitude!!!! So, I have basically written all this, so anyone that may find themselves in a similar predicament to not take aptitude's solution! At points aptitude is a very devastating tool! I sincerely believe someone should look into the destructiveness of aptitude!!!! I am at the point, where I am going to remove it and never install it again!!!! Has been nothing but a headache for me!!!!!
Last edited by Blackwolf on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Placed code between code tags.
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Xavius soon to be retired!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:21 am

Definitely! Want to save time for others, so please by all means if you can get a link going to them would be very grateful. Also would be nice to know how to get the same setup you did with the code/output. You know, I always am dumb at the easy things! Been kind of busy with the new OS and some other ventures. Either that or if you can also explain how to create the links, another thing am dumb at! Since Ravenswood(13.10) is just a few hairs away from being installed(today!) plus chores and some job tasks is going to be rough today! Am opting to just install, fix whatever minor hassles may be and just live with it!

No one seems to know what to do with that aptitude issue and to be honest, if I made it with Xavius, am sure Ravenswood is more than apt(no pun intended!) to handle what it needs to do at this point! As will continue to say, "Ah the joys of no cable!" Have to do what you have to do! Believe me, would not take all these risks and hassles, would just get latest Ultimate and be done! Would save this experimentation for Vbox and the laptop! Still from what I can see presently of Ravenswood it does have great performance and should more than out shine Xavius! Maybe on PC will get the shell theme going next week! Just going to have to go generic for now. Oh how I hate "Black and White!" Also get tipped at those huge icons! Tried resizing yesterday and came up nil! Icons did not resize and were left closer together! Same setting was perfect on Xavius, but first shot on Ravenswood no dice!

I guess I need to also take into account Ravenswood is running on a dual core laptop, which is most likely not enough power for it! Is a very bulky system sitting at 3.7gbs right now! No KDE as listed and of course, I did my signature wrong!!!! All this fast typing and moving along with different aspects, are giving me errors! Hmm I thought all this installing with Pipelight would have left it enabled by default! Nothing like having to agree to MS's BS two times!!!! End result is works great on Firefox and no error or crash when downloading PDF's from JET! I think I am going to like this OS very very much! I do love that TV show too! Has that same aura as the 1960's "Dark Shadows." I am just one of those people that enjoys shows that are hard to figure! Shows as I enjoy situations of such also!!!

While I was writing this Xavius crashed. During the time of its reboot as I said downloaded 2 PDF's from JET for my jobs this weekend! Guess I am going to be cooking some chicken tomorrow! Ah such fun on these part time positions!!!!! A few more checks on Ravenswood will determine if I can make the move! I want to be insured I can also do last of the repairs and addition to completely finalize Ravenswood! I know 2 times is never the charm with me building these images! Still, by far Ravenswood is blowing Xavius away by a longshot! Love being able to close windows from the ole stoplight and not in the bottom message tray! Hey, finally said that right, huh??? All these terms and expressions, is hard for me to keep up with them all!

Anyway want to know how to do all that so if you can spare some time would appreciate it!!! I know your schedule is probably 10x more than mine, but you are also more precise and brilliant like TheeMahn!!! Also, I can not put into words how great it is to get your reply!!! I thoroughly enjoy your great wisdom and help!!!! There is never no wonder why you are right up there with TheeMahn! Severe brilliance, absolutely love it and appreciate it every day!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:02 pm

The first thing I would do in your situation:

Verify your running kernel:
uname -a

#Old Kernel Purging...
dpkg -l 'linux-*' | sed '/^ii/!d;/'"$(uname -r | sed "s/\(.*\)-\([^0-9]\+\)/\1/")"'/d;s/^[^ ]* [^ ]* \([^ ]*\).*/\1/;/[0-9]/!d' | xargs -p sudo apt-get -y purge

Pulled from my wip file no I do not have that one memorised ;) That is of course if the latest kernel is working O.K. and you are currently running on it. The command it will return will purge all of your old kernels from the system.

I want to bring just one line from the mess you posted to your attention:
udisks : Depends: dbus but it is not going to be installed.

Dbus is a major, major deal and probably the cause of almost all issues that you see. When building operating systems it is one of the very first things to be installed and not under a normal method. Once it is installed a diversion and linking to true when apps such as cups are installed after it. I highly encourage you to read my source when I release tmosb.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm

When I built Xavius, I was real greedy!!! I wanted that Gnome 3.10 at whatever cost! Was I stupid!!! Only way I was able to even get close to getting 3.10 was by using all those testing sites. End result devastated everything and yes left dbus up for grabs, pretty much! Was still there, but hanging on by a few threads along with re-installed Gnome 3.8. See when I assembled with all those experimental parts, got to the desktop and Whoa was it a mess!

Gnome-Tweak conflicts up to the sky, maybe a handful of programs actually launched! Coloring, was none! Upset as I was, and at the amount of files and system had downloaded, I did my best to effect getting that useless pile of junk to actually function! To be honest, I can't figure out how that thing could make it to the desktop! You would laugh at the boot screen or shutting down as always had this listed: " 00000000 bad sense missing data 000000000" Then there were times be running and just crash. Permissions had them, then they did not work!

So far on this Ravenswood(13.10) have not seen it crash yet! Sure I get indicator complete hassles here and there getting to the desktop, but to be honest with Gnome I do not see that as anything major! Seeing how if you have poor settings in your shell theme as you know I am good for, is something will happen! I notice I do have coloring not happening for my themes in the manner of scrolling down menu, text should be light cyan and instead is red. So it may also be that I need more intense drivers for video, but not positive???

Poorest judgment call I made on this Ravenswood was to have Pipelight-Multi installed! Takes 5 minutes after system is running, and I thought I could save time! Boy was I dead wrong! Somehow also missed the full onslaught of file systems(dependencies=pieces missing!) Left me installing Ext4 this time! Messed up on bluetooth too, but fixed that quickly! Was a real rocky road on this one! Tell you one thing I learned from last one. Forget the script settings for the screensavers! Why??? Update knocks them right out and have to redo them! So this time learned my lesson and simply copy/pasted xscreensaver for Cinnamon and Gnome! Adios locking screen and nothing! No kids or nasty things on the drive to worry about! I love those crazy screensavers!

Yeah, you know I still have your script copied and I follow quite a bit of it, but have always been scared to try the kernel bit! Are you suggesting that for Ravenswood? Am game, still have a final waiting to be done! First make is on laptop, second on here and hoping the last one will be the best! Whatever I find that is missing goes in for the final! You bet am on edge waiting for TMOSB!!!! Am betting everything in there is going to teach me quite a bit and am I ready!!!!
Xavius is getting obliterated. Ole lady still using it, but is going to get replaced when last version of Ravenswood is done!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:59 pm

TheeMahn here's output, no dice on reversing aptitude's decision!

root@bob-System-Product-Name:/#     uname -a
Linux bob-System-Product-Name 3.11.0-17-generic #31-Ubuntu SMP Mon Feb 3 21:52:43 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@bob-System-Product-Name:/#     #Old Kernel Purging...
root@bob-System-Product-Name:/#     dpkg -l 'linux-*' | sed '/^ii/!d;/'"$(uname -r | sed "s/\(.*\)-\([^0-9]\+\)/\1/")"'/d;s/^[^ ]* [^ ]* \([^ ]*\).*/\1/;/[0-9]/!d' | xargs -p sudo apt-get -y purge
sudo apt-get -y purge linux-tools-3.11.0-15 linux-tools-3.11.0-15-generic ?...
root@bob-System-Product-Name:/# apt-get -y purge linux-tools-3.11.0-15 linux-tools-3.11.0-15-generic
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  linux-tools-3.11.0-15* linux-tools-3.11.0-15-generic*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 1476 kB disk space will be freed.
(Reading database ... 416321 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing linux-tools-3.11.0-15-generic ...
Removing linux-tools-3.11.0-15 ...
root@bob-System-Product-Name:/# aptitude -f install
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Reading extended state information...
Initializing package states...
Writing extended state information...
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  linux-headers-3.11.0-15 linux-headers-3.11.0-15-generic
  linux-image-3.11.0-15-generic linux-tools-3.11.0-15
  linux-tools-3.11.0-15-generic
0 packages upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 28.7 MB of archives. After unpacking 116 MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

I guess once aptitude has made its decision is final, huh???? Tips me on this cause other than that is a decent OS! Seems aptitude always has a way of getting me!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 am

Found a cure for it! Everyone knows am in the middle of assembling 14.04 and have this 13.10(Ravenswood) running quite well on here. There is only a few files that are a hassle as need to coincide with the rest of the system, but should happen in an update. Of course that is not the point, here! Upon working on that newer system I discovered something quite important and need to share.

Those of us that are building OS's as myself forget that when we do a major repair such as I had to do, we then have to purge aptitude and reinstall with its dependencies. If we do not, aptitude's response will be to undo what we have fixed! This will be a terrible outcome for someone that does not understand this point! To work all day on something repairing files, updating and getting things on track can simply be undone in a matter of 5 minutes!!!!

Currently, Xavius is still running on the wife's computer and doing well enough! We have to remember the fact, she is not a computer fanatic as I am! She gets on does email, maybe some bills and games. Her livelihood does not depend on her system. Therefore, at present until all issues and testing has been done on 14.04, I will leave Xavius on hers. I have purged aptitude and reinstalled with all its dependencies and for the most part many hassles have been resolved!!!! Is once again a decent running system, although is just a few hairs below present that I run! This Ravenswood can run!

As I work on 14.04, I have also noticed a nice change for those of us using Silverlight integration. Now flash is installed instead of being installed during the OS's installation! This is going to be quite a nice little change. For those of us that do not have cable, as myself, it is quite a nightmare waiting for flash to install while we are loading our OS! Bravo to Ubuntu for finally understanding that point and rectifying it!!! Anyway am off, time to go to the physical job! Sure like the other jobs, but need them all at present!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves