Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Aptitude S.O.S

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Aptitude S.O.S

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:36 pm

Am hoping someone knows what I can do. I forgot all about Bluetooth not installing properly. I went to fix it up had to uninstall kernel and reinstall. Anyway is good, but if I issue the command "aptitude -f install" it wants to install 3.11.0-15 and toast 3.11.0-17, been there done it! I re-installed 17 and am good on apt-get -f but aptitude still wants to revert! I did find a problem with webcam-studio-dkms not building correctly. I removed it completely from the system, but alas still wants to revert kernel backwards with aptitude! Question is how do I tell aptitude to get that stupid idea out of its head??????? Any answers will be very grateful, especially if they solve this issue! Before I remembered this Bluetooth deal both apt-get -f and aptitude -f were at nil!!!! Really want them synced back up again!

Code: Select all
root@bob-System-Product-Name:/# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
root@bob-System-Product-Name:/# aptitude -f install
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Reading extended state information...
Initializing package states...
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  linux-headers-3.11.0-15 linux-headers-3.11.0-15-generic
  linux-image-3.11.0-15-generic
0 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 28.1 MB of archives. After unpacking 115 MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
NO WAY JOSE!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Aptitude S.O.S

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:43 am

I guess no one knows the answer on this one! I do come up with some rough ones, don't I???? Have to admit, not many people get into as much hot water as I do!!!! Since this is the response I am getting before the OS is installed as is only the created image or should I say image that will be created??? Am dreadfully sorry I did not mention that point before. I just felt most people following my rants would understand, I am trying to make the best possible Linux OS I can! Recent ventures or positions I have acquired(jobs) demand increased performance! So I am trying to aim for that demand!

The OS does have a fully installed .17 kernel and headers. Crazy webcamstudio-dkms is something Ubuntu repos have no record of so may have been a bogey that installed by accident! Hey with 4300 files here, do you think I know every single one of them by heart??? If you do, you are giving me way way more credit than I deserve! I am lucky if I can keep track of 20 files! I make these themes and damned if I can get all the ";" in all the time first shot! Shell theme for 3.10 coming along very well and really hope by the end of today, will have this OS completely finalized and ready for install! Maybe, I have "High Hopes" but so far minus this kernel deal with aptitude I see no other hassles or problems, all have been satisfied!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Re: Aptitude S.O.S

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Tried 2nd image out on Vbox and came up with this aptitude crap still! Always something! Looks like been reduced to 90% effectiveness with this one! Shell theme gave hassle on first version, going to try on this second version. First was missing too many dependencies to get a full reading on performance. Still, it did outperform this current OS of mine called Xavius. Sincerely believe Ravenswood will by far surpass this one in performance! Need it to as have said tasks are becoming a bit more difficult so have to have something better! So if someone will kindly give me a way to dump aptitude's poor solution will be very appreciative!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves