Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Builders don't bother 13.10 does not work!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Builders don't bother 13.10 does not work!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:20 pm

Am seriously at the point of giving up! I do not see how this distro will ever run! Every time I go to assemble check for updates something else goes haywire! Should have just come with a warning DO NOT ASSEMBLE TRUSTY TAHR IS COMING! I am going through a real hassle as is trying to give those parts but yet saucy parts are in here, so that just does not work! I thought all was well, put it together went to try it and boom would not get to desktop. Checked for updates and found LibreOffice is conflicting with itself and looking for parts that do not exist!!!! You talk about tipped, I am there! This has got to be the worst one I have done yet! Seems everytime I solve one thing something else comes up a day later, just no end and thinking is time to hang it up on this one! I really do not see a solution for this one at all! I removed LibreOffice completely! I then tried to re-install and it refuses saying everything conflicts!

As I have been on this for two weeks straight am coming to the end of this doomed trail! I see no possible way for anyone to put one of these 13.10 Ubuntu's together and suggest to builder to look to other architectures until Ubuntu can stop conflicting with itself!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Builders don't bother 13.10 does not work!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:51 pm

If this file libboost-date-time1.54.0 is not installed, watch out folks! This can tick the pope off!!! LibreOffice will explode or be destroyed if this simple little file is not present! I spent hours finding this little b---h so be happy I am so stubborn! Now if you get in the same boat make sure that file is there. Once that file is there libcmis-0.3-3_0.3.1-3ubuntu1 can update to libcmis-0.4-4. Without that happening half of LibreOffice wants to update while the other half wants to uninstall! I would hate to see someone else suffer for hours on this one! Remember always stay tuned for my gripes! You know I am very stubborn and will find a cure for it!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:42 pm

Well, I have to do one, but 14.04 is right around the corner, you could start here with the beta and then be ready by April.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:09 pm

I think by then am going to go elsewhere! Is getting old with all these conflicts and thousands of tiny parts! You know if I could get one of those small distros and somehow get synaptic to run(during build), will run not walk to it! This thing has been a total nightmare! I have spent about 16 days doing work on it. End result is not done but close! Shell theme is giving me a hard time, looks as if it wants to keep those huge icons! I mean, why should we have 24 icons on the screen when we can hog space and only show 4 at a time and have a thousand circles and lines to go to???? Largest complaint "apt-get build-dep" is meaningless while building this one!!!! The response I get is to add more sources to the list! Now if I had anymore sources it would take til 14.04 is done to get thru the list when you "apt-get update"

I just can not keep track of all these tiny pieces. I mean some of them could be say 23kbs and have a long name that takes about 10 minutes to type in!!!! Is the same old beef have been talking about for a long long time! Now say you have a program like for instance ff-multiconverter. We all know you must have unoconv installed or is not functional, right???? So, now why isn't that piece simply automatically downloaded or put inside ff-multiconverter? Can't do that cause then the program might work, we can not have working programs out of the box!!!!!! Just does not make sense to not include pieces needed for software! To me anyway! Then, when an idiot like myself goes to install k3b I am assuming all parts that install are going to be the same version! Now that is where I make one huge mistake! Especially when it comes to some of Ubuntu's sick repositories!!!!! Not sure if you remember Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time!" ???? If you don't quick synopsis: Man works for GM swipes parts to build Cadillac. Well he wound up with pieces from 1955-1968! Sort of like what happens when I put these Ubuntu's together!

So, basically am getting wore out on Ubuntu's antics! Either they should update their repos and combine essential needs for programs or I quit! Just too much of a headache! Spent from sun up to sun down with a lot of this stuff! Now will bet if things were correct with those repos, this OS would be smoking hot right now! Instead still some things are missing and a few things not quite right!!!! So will be a few more days. Least can say this time "apt-get -f install" or "aptitude -f install" will not destroy this OS!!!! There are no conflicts now!!! I fought about 20 conflicts, even an install for my printer drivers!!!!! That was highly pathetic!!!! So can bet you see why I am getting pretty down on Ubuntu and advising others to just forget it! Maybe 14.04 will be a different story, but to be honest I really do not think so! This time I am one part short of having Brasero totally complete! Is a plain miracle! If I can understand how to find the missing part and install, would be awesome, but not counting on it! Current 13.04 is missing 2 components as have been since I first started building Ubuntu's! I ask "Why are those parts hidden?????" If Ubuntu does not want anyone to have the entire program why bother with only part of it!!!!

Well am back off to work on it! Maybe can shoot for this weekend???? Laptop is running it fairly successfully least stronger than last OS! Windows close properly now so is nice! First time since 12.10 I have seen Windows close right. I am getting to think no one experience Windows closing right in 13.04?????
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Brother, I really hope you get to see Ultimate Edition 4.0 (13.10 based) when released. I don't know if I will be able to top it in the production of Ultimate Edition 4.2 I have successfully built 4.3 and does not hold a candle to Ultimate Edition 4.0. I suppose with time that entire statement is subject to change.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:54 pm

You have the patience of a saint, TheeMahn!!! Me, I get bent and frustrated. I guess is a part of learning with all this. Maybe you were there once, but will bet were not, since you have spent so many years at all this. If I had the bandwidth and guaranteed a no fail, do you really think I would keep running these OS's I assemble as the main??? You know, I would not! I would put my OS on the laptop, mess with it, try to get it running good, but yours would be the main! Spent so many days at this one unlike the rest, but least it does do better than all the previous ones! Size wise was finally able to dip under 4gigs!!! I have not seen that ever with any of these Ubuntu's have done!

Been looking at some smaller distros to build onto, but is going to take time to learn them! I would just love to get a powerhouse that stays under 4gigs. See, now your systems always do that! Mine, I have to be doing something wrong, cause I always wind up too huge! So, I figure if I go to a smaller Linux distro, start learning some more, maybe I will learn what I am doing so wrong! I also know at my age, is very doubtful I will ever return for more schooling! Face it, whether I like it or not am 50! Presently, money situation not good, which is the biggest damper on the whole situation. So, I just try and struggle to learn more. Many points I feel like I have bit way more off than I can chew!

Really appreciate the fact you always allow me to blow off steam over here and never ban me! I was born with a terrible temper! I find if I write stuff down, I wind up destroying less things! Poison pen I suppose? Definitely would love to see upcoming Ultimates as since you always improve! How, I can never figure!!! Just plain brilliant and is just for me the most beautiful thing to see! Seeing how you do such great things with your knowledge gives me so much more faith in mankind!!!! I used to think all was going down the drain in life! When I came to this forum and saw the attitude and brilliance, it just made me feel so damn alive and glad to be part of it!!!! It still does and believe me I cherish every day and time am on here! Have to see this pic! Hoping will show alright for the login screen of my new OS Ravenswood! Always best wishes and thanks for letting me be here!
Attachments
RavenswoodLogin.JPG
RavenswoodLogin.JPG
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves