Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Void last posts am an idiot!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Void last posts am an idiot!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:01 am

I am going to confess made a real stupid mistake! When I first started assembling this 13.10, I did the normal thing apt-get dist-upgrade. Well, kernel failed on update, due to inferior source. I corrected the source after uninstalling the entire kernel inluding the image-extra. I then re-installed what I thought was the entire bit! I did not take a second look to insure that all was installed! Very stupid and the true definition of an idiot! I finally woke up and took another look and found somehow I did not install image-extra. Now we have to remember Ubuntu will put older drivers in there and is imperative to install image-extra. Please, if you are building one of these 13.10's make sure you install the linux-image-extra or you will find yourself with no mouse, keyboard and no internet connection!

Now there also is a problem on Gnome Flashback desktop. Has to do with the cursor, appears someone came up with a wild idea and now all of us are paying the price due to such, um genius! A search reveals all that has to be done is set the key org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/cursor/active to false. I plan on doing this in the completed image. I still have some work to do on the shell and still have to insure all programs are working properly! I want this move to last for a long time. I have a feeling, next update will leave my computer to the wolves! Problem of cash flow prohibits me from obtaining new hardware. Am hoping in the coming months that will change and I could then continue to move along as Ubuntu changes. I also do plan to try and understand how to work with other architectures.

I once again apologize for my behavior on here as was pretty poor! I will not take back the statement of TheeMahn's ThumbOS as I feel it is now the greatest utility anyone can have when it comes to putting a thumbdrive together!!! I also feel his automated OS Creator is something that is going to make Linux do a 180!!! I do not care what anyone thinks, as I believe it to be one of the largest steps forward anyone can take when it comes to Operating Systems!

I am hoping by this coming weekend 13.10 will be loaded on this computer and laptop as the current system does not work as it should! I was greedy and tried to get Gnome 3.10 on there and the result fairly devastated the rest of the build! I was able to recover 80% effectiveness, but is riding on the edge. If someone were to execute aptitude -f install, the entire system would be pulled apart! I am no pro at building, not even close! I am simply fighting and struggling to learn all of this. To be 100% honest, I wish I would have started all this at least 5 years ago, but I was one of those brainwashed Windows users that thought Linux would be too hard to run!

I am grateful people on here taught me so much and have had the patience to tolerate me when I become irate! I apologize for upsetting anyone that has tried their best to help me! I know everyone here does their best! Xan, you're right am terrible on KDE! This time am just going to stick with Gnome, XFCE, LXDE, Cinnamon and Pkwn. Last one not sure but will see how it is! This way I get to have all the utilities I have ever wanted! I also will be able to have everything loaded in the image and not have to worry about putting anything in! So far size wise is under 4gigs and has more programs than I have ever had on anything I have built to date! KDE with Gnome just takes too much space! Maybe on a smaller architect I will do it again, but for Ubuntu's will stick with what I have currently done!

With this one in progress, I hope to also please Shawn a bit more as she has been in the past a hard-core Windows user. Current OS has pleased her pretty well, but she also is suffering from mistakes I made on that build! Hopefully, this next one will make her completely forget Windows and never miss it again! Least I can hope so, right? I still have great feelings for Ultimate as no one better can build an OS!!! I will also once again say, "If I had cable, I would be using the latest Ultimate right now!" Since at times our connection is sparodic, that can not happen so I would never be able to download any distro that is over 700mbs. Unfortunately most of those are just not anywhere near what I would want to use! Anyway best wishes to all and whatever I find out as I move along on all this will do my very best to post as to help! Main wish is to save time for the next guy!! Take care!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves