Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Does the iphone suck compared to Android?

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Does the iphone suck compared to Android?

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Yes

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Does the iphone suck compared to Android?

Postby chris47 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:33 pm

yes it does. I have the Galaxy Note 2 for sprint. It is a 100% customized with the goodness noteworth 3.0.1 rom and the Perseus Kernel. You can find out how to customize your Android if you get one at xda-developers.com. BTW stock battery life for that phone is usually about 8-9 hrs before it needs recharge.. With almost any rom, and a good kernel I get around 1-2 days..

Hell I did not realize the post was so old LOL....
MB-ASUS Sabertooth FX 990 Rev 2.0
CPU- AMD FX 6200 X6 3.8Ghz Black Edition
RAM- 8Gig 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 1600 C9
Video-ASUS Nvidia GTX 550ti Fermi
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
HD- WD Raptor 10,000 RPm 150Gig
Monitor-Asus 23.6
PSU- Antec Earth Watts 650
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.3 64 BIT

Postby ryanvade » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:33 pm

All apple products suck.

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby tanmay.01 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:30 am

Yes and No. (the Q is wrong : iOS vs android it should be )

Apple can do quality control over the apps in the market. There are some fetures that work better than android.

But android as a ecosystem is very good. Google has worked very hard at the desiging part which was often overlooked by everyone. Its linux under it, opens up hell lot of options for the users (mind you even iOS is unix at core, but they just dont open it to the users.)

Also samsungs multiwindow in Note3 has improved significantly.

Leaving apart the customization and the specs part, android os is good but the hardware part s*cks many times battries wont last long. Camera is lacking quality.
Samsung is fooling the customers by boosting benchmarks. And the screen sizes are just getting big (It has too stop somewhere)

The best experience phone whould be moto x. Otherwise the power packed would be Note 3.

But i think many are trying or want android to be a desktop os. Why... ? are we going back to 1995.
Android will keep booming as long as its a mobile OS.

And all apple products are not bad. Macbook Air is too good for competitors. Even Macbook Pro as a workstation is good. (There are too many DE's for linux which keep changing designs and hence we never get that many GUI application and the consistent experience. eg: google released a web desginer only for mac and windows. )
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Postby pam » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:23 am

Apple hardware sucks.
Their marketing department is a joke in cahoots with expensive lawyers, together selling hypocrisy.
'There are no bad products, only bad prices'
Apple uses FreeBSD for their OS. Does not Matter, everything is locked down. The choice is only for stability and security :roll:
They have contributed a lot to open source. OpenCL was created by apple and given for free to stop nividia cuda monopolization.
Just recently they have claimed to introduce a locked $100 phone in the indian subcontinent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its all just a BIG confusion to me?! :roll: :roll: I cant make head or tails of it.
http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5c

http://gizmodo.com/iphone-5c-apples-col ... 1278630584
"The 16GB iPhone 5C will cost $100 with a two year contract, the 32GB model is $200. Off contract prices are way rougher: $550 and $650 respectively. Ouch. You'll be able to pre-order one this Friday and get it Friday September 20th.

This year, instead of just pushing each phone down one notch as in years past, Apple is instead replacing the iPhone 5 with the new 5C. This is your new mid-grade option, folks. The iPhone 4s is getting bumped down to free, like you'd expect, keeping smaller screens and 30-pin connectors around one generation more. Just instead of a cheaper iPhone 5, we've got the 5C. Hope you like your colors!
"

What is 'On Contract' supposed to mean? :?

Either way if still affordable, you'll still have to pay for most apps.

Neways, i got android 4.3 (kernel 3.10) running on my six core and multibooted tooo. Sound works nice. Trying to get my dwa 131 working so i can download dead trigger. Maybe it wont work...
http://www.android-x86.org/download
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Nahhh, I am not comparing IOS to AOS. I'm stating that if given the choice between the worst Android and the best iphone I am going with the Android simply because I have more options. Who cares how powerful the iphone 5s is? It's still running the same super restricted crap. All that power is just wasted. At least with a crappy android my options are not based exclusively on my bank account.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby chris47 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Xanayoshi wrote:Nahhh, I am not comparing IOS to AOS. I'm stating that if given the choice between the worst Android and the best iphone I am going with the Android simply because I have more options. Who cares how powerful the iphone 5s is? It's still running the same super restricted crap. All that power is just wasted. At least with a crappy android my options are not based exclusively on my bank account.
and apples screen is to dam small

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk now Free
Last edited by Blackwolf on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the commas from your url, which was stopping it from parsing.
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
Monitor-Asus 23.6
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby chris47 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Xxjoker21xX wrote:The iphone is a yuppy :lol: phone in my book something to keep up with the jonesses.One of the best droids i have found is the droid x2 duel core you can get it on ebay $70 referb and its a duel core and hd with hdmi out for watching netflix on a flat screen the only drawback is power it has a thurst for power with wireless n. but if i do alot i just plug it up or get larger battery. Its made by motorola and can do about anything with it... :geek: With tons of free aps ..

I agree with the yuppy pone for Apple. Out of all the android phones I have had (Samsung Moment Samsung Galaxy S3 HTC Evo Design 4G) and not the Galaxy Note 2. The note2 is for me the best phone. It is naturally big, it is great for watching videos, taking pictures. I can also type on those keyboards with little effort. I get Great battery life, as I have it completly customized with a custom kernel, plus the kernel has been tweaked..
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
Monitor-Asus 23.6
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby RobNJ » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:43 pm

When I was young, foolish & had disposable income.... I was a Mac user :oops:
Now that I'm middle-aged, foolish & broke, I no longer do, except for an ipod & iphone.... I purchased too much DRM infested music & need something beginning with an "i" to play it! :(
RobNJ
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Well..the iphone sounds awesome.

There was a period in history where one of my favorite things to do was peruse record stores looking for industrial music. As all of these shut down it was not really much of a loss to buy an ipod and purchase music with ease. However, when trying to convert my cds to mp3 for another player, itunes liked to take it upon itself and upload those on to my ipod as well. Given the extreme intrusiveness of which itunes asserts itself onto your hardware with itunes I decided that itunes was more viral than a neccesity and vowed to never use it on my PC again. Of course the ipod quit working about a year after purchase as ipods are known to do. I was actually pretty happy that my itunes account still held my purchases and since itunes is embedded into the iphone I was excited to play the music I had spent so much on in previous years past. However, this was not to be as I still have about 20 days of the 90 day period of which then you can transfer the music onto the device that you paid for.

I can get music on it, just install the freemp3 downloader, it creates a folder, sync it to Nautilus and you can drop whatever.

Idk, I raised my dog for GTA V on it. Technically this is something you can not do with an Android at the moment.

So let it be known....

The iphone is far superior for picking up virtual dog poop than the Android. Fact.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Next

Return to Rants and Raves