Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ubuntu Recovery, is it dated or good?

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Ubuntu Recovery, is it dated or good?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Me, I am going to go with dated! Why? These newer systems are more complex, we need a little more complexity added to recovery. Why? To make it simpler for the new users! Back when I first started using Linux, recovery was a tricky little devil had no clue what to do and generally sent me reloading the entire OS! Now am sure those that have been at this for years will laugh! I know I laugh now, since I now know a simple few words and presto, hour of load time is not wasted and am back to booting to normal desktop. Still, I remember those days and now think there is a need for a change. See, some of us have these multiple file folders all over our systems. Do we remember every single path to those folders? If you say yes, you are either that lady on that TV show that remembers everything. or giving a line of you know what! In real life, we can never remember every little folder and place we created. I mean, why is there even GUI to begin with? So in a world of complex and awesome graphics, why are we then bounced into black and white command line to solve crucial problems? Of course most of you it does not bother, but there are times graphical interface would speed that recovery! I know most are saying "Low Graphics Mode". What if is not working? Yes due to a failed fglrx installation! You say "Oh, but that never happens!" Contrary to belief, yours truly just went through that aspect. I also had an encounter some weeks back and would rather refer to that, since my concept would show how quickly could be solved! So, weeks back I was messing with gnome.css and gnome-shell.css. Why? Generic color is terrible! So I went through all these lines and picked out some snazzy colors to get my login looking a little better! In the process, I forgot the most important thing! At the end of the coloring scheme needed ";" So when I rebooted, no dice! How you would do a gedit in recovery is beyond me at this point. Am sort of swift but no where near most on here!Of course since there is no GUI in recovery, would probably be near impossible to find that line missing ";". Of course I was fortunate to have my flashdrive loaded with my OS at which point went to that switched files, then rebooted found the error on gedit fixed it and went to my strange coloring scheme and fonts. Of course that is not my point! My point is we need something to produce that gui since many times is some foolish, trivial little mistake that can be cured within 2 minutes with GUI versus, command line! Then to add a unique feature which does not exist in Windows safe mode, internet connectivity! Anyone game on this idea????
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves