Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ubuntu Edge!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Ubuntu Edge!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:58 am

Now this is what I have been ranting and raving for!!!! This is the kind of advancement that needs to happen so people can use real technology instead of wanna be's!I saw this coming last year! All you Linux developers need to extend your hand and give yourself a pat on the back. You made it happen!!!!! This is proof of your sheer and wonderful brilliance!!!! Now before this "Ubuntu Edge" I personally have had no desire to get a smartphone. Now I will be waiting and when I could get one I will! I will bet many others will too! Part of the reason many of us shy from these "Smartphones" is compatibility! Sure I like all kinds of operating systems, but there is a point where it becomes annoying is when you have to match home pc to smartphone or other device! With a more unified system, I believe this will be the cutting edge that helps avoid that annoyance and make people be able to enjoy these devices!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Ubuntu Edge!

Postby tanmay.01 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:12 am

Its a good start. But not too excited. ARM has to catchup on a lot. If your are a moderate/power user its going to blow off (even with a quad core). I have read arm is going to release arm67 or something like this with those many number of small processors. But who knows. And remember its Ubuntu. And these kind of devices will have flash storage, fast but not long lasting. I somehow feel the consumer will end up paying high amount for a not so satisfactory device. Although fingers crossed.
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby ryanvade » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Postby pam » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:53 am

It wont be another 4-5 years before mass adoption. Ubuntu edge is a high end phone for big spenders.
Mark clearly states; they dont care for competition. For now its only innovation.
$830 for 4GB ram 128 GB flash :roll: ...well you can get a high end board for 200 bucks.

Ubuntu running on them is not the problem. Linux(kernel, hardware support etc) is yet to catch up. Porting mainstream distros is a quick way.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:16 pm

BBOSAK2143 wrote:Now this is what I have been ranting and raving for!!!! This is the kind of advancement that needs to happen so people can use real technology instead of wanna be's!I saw this coming last year! All you Linux developers need to extend your hand and give yourself a pat on the back. You made it happen!!!!! This is proof of your sheer and wonderful brilliance!!!! Now before this "Ubuntu Edge" I personally have had no desire to get a smartphone. Now I will be waiting and when I could get one I will! I will bet many others will too! Part of the reason many of us shy from these "Smartphones" is compatibility! Sure I like all kinds of operating systems, but there is a point where it becomes annoying is when you have to match home pc to smartphone or other device! With a more unified system, I believe this will be the cutting edge that helps avoid that annoyance and make people be able to enjoy these devices!!!!

Pretty sure Android has that covered. Yeah, the whole MTP thing is annoying, but fairly recent. All my devices are not only compatible with my PC, but can remote into each other. Except for my stupid Samsung Tablet, but that was built with trying to suck in mind I think. They had meetings that went like..well.."A standard mini USB works pretty well, how can we make this suck?" "Android connectivity is important to our customers, how can we take this away?" "Customers like it when their hardware lasts, how can we make sure that doesn't happen?"...then someone raised their hands and said.."I know!, let's make it like an ipad, that will never backfire."

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Yes, I know is not quite done yet, but I love the fact they are giving it the green light and getting into the competition!!!! This will be great for everyone. I love competition as it helps everyone improve. When one unit sews up the market, we all suffer with junk and lack of improvements! Now there is a strong arm entering the race!!! Linux and its competitive ways always do the market justice! Just am excited as Linux has become home for me! I might moan and groan about things, but is my lack of understanding that causes that! I spend hours on end trying to learn as much as I can. It as is truly the most remarkable OS I have ever seen!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby ryanvade » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:35 pm

BBOSAK2143 wrote:Yes, I know is not quite done yet, but I love the fact they are giving it the green light and getting into the competition!!!! This will be great for everyone. I love competition as it helps everyone improve. When one unit sews up the market, we all suffer with junk and lack of improvements! Now there is a strong arm entering the race!!! Linux and its competitive ways always do the market justice! Just am excited as Linux has become home for me! I might moan and groan about things, but is my lack of understanding that causes that! I spend hours on end trying to learn as much as I can. It as is truly the most remarkable OS I have ever seen!

I agree. Ubuntu Touch will open the gates for more innovation. No more Android VS IOS VS MS. Of course there is also Tizen, Firefox OS, and a few others too. Ubuntu Touch looks better then the other two in my opinion. I have not gotten a smart phone or a tablet (Well, my reader is technically a tablet. This thing only works when using it as an ereader though. ) because I am waiting for a new OS. Ubuntu Touch looks like what I have been waiting for. Now I just need to test it. ;)

6 GB ram 2 GB ram

ryanvade

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45 am

Yeahhh!!!..and no more RIM vs. either!!

Oh wait :lol:

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby ryanvade » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:00 am

You know what I mean. For Linux users Ubuntu touch is a clear choice. PURE LINUX.

6 GB ram 2 GB ram

ryanvade

Postby tanmay.01 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:45 am

ryanvade wrote:You know what I mean. For Linux users Ubuntu touch is a clear choice. PURE LINUX.

No doubt abt that, we dont care even if its ubuntu, because in the end we are going to install what we like (for the desktop part).
But after testing their os on my phone, i have a doubt about their designs android is way ahead of everyone. And ubuntu cannot not have the people like what google has.

Frankly, It is too simple for a phone. The lenses are of no use as the storage is of 128 gb. You will have to search for everything through the lens. People install around 75 apps on phones. Here its going to be too difficult to have easy access to apps. You will have to completely modifiy lens to act like homescreen on android.
They are restricting the user just like ios but in between the lenses.I think its too early too say, about its success.
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Return to Rants and Raves