Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

I am not the only one it seems..!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

I am not the only one it seems..!

Postby tanmay.01 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 am

Plz go through this post then you will get what i am saying.
tl;dr
http://blog.tenstral.net/2013/03/a-new- ... ution.html

To sum up for the lazy. A distro that has fairly new packages yet stable and mostly apt based or debian based.

I have made linux main os since start of 2011. I have tried a few distros here and there. But now have become serious abt distohopping. And i am trying to find a distro that has fairly new packages and can yet be stable. Ubuntu satisfies this but it not the same anymore. And there is no one else who freezes debian sid and testing and then provide updates to it. I tried fedora but it has problems and took similar resource as ubuntu.

A few distros i am going to try
1. Debian siduction
2. Aptosid/Siduction
3. SolydX or SolydK
4. Chakra (i know not debian based but has good policies ) Repo Structure Half Rolling Release
5. ....

You too can join the discussion about distro hopping.
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: I am not the only one it seems..!

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Do I distro hop still?!

Hmm..
So at present, my Drives are holding

Ubuntu 13.10
Debian Siduction Paint It Black X-Mas
Oz Unity Black Opal 32

Ultimate Edition 3.5

Ultimate Edition 3.4 Lite
Debian Siduction Firestarter
Oz Unity Diamond ll-B

Ultimate Edition 3.5

Plus my Tester HDD which is holding

Ultimate Edition 3.5.1
Oz Diamond 11-B(The same as above..Gotta Love DD!, but now I am going to try and break it (stack DE, upgrades/dist-upgrade) so I can anticipate if someone did any of this and if it breaks, I might have a clue of what is going on.

Plus other PC and Laptop..#!,#!

Plus Netbook
Bodhi Linux 12.04 base..forgot the Bodhi Dist #

Plus the Raspberry Pi

Bodhi Linux(Debian/Raspbian)
Kali Linux

aaand I have spent way more time on my Puppies lately, which will culminate in my making a Woof for the Raspberry Pi, but at present I am using for Multiple PC.

Still, I don't really think of myself as a Distro Hopper. As a Distro Hopper however, this was my favorite place in the world..

http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=submit

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: I am not the only one it seems..!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:45 pm

I did my share of distro hopping for close to 6 months. Since I destroyed nearly every distribution I used, I decided was best to start working hard at learning where I am going wrong. The only distro that held up for me was Ultimate and of course is why I am still to this day a major fan of Ultimate! Having read the article, I noticed reference to the large amount of updates and slowing it down a bit. It is a very agreeable option as at points these updates interfere with other things! I am also seeing a need to simplify some programs and add a few to help newer users become more easily acquainted with using Linux. Some months ago, TheeMahn talked about perfecting a program that would create a more personalized OS for users. Now that I support with every fiber of my being!!!! I constantly state that we all have our individual likes and most times that is what keeps us distro hoppin! Now if we are able to create our own tailored to our likes, that is the best ticket! Even though have had one heck of a ride on this new one(13.04) am sticking with it as it does have that quality of tailored to my likes! With all the hassles have had, even though I get quite discouraged at times, I am very grateful since it is showing me the true issues that give me problems and am sure others with my level of experience or lower! Although the idea of building a base to a Linux OS sounds intriguing, I feel am at least a year away from that point! Still have many concepts to grasp and correctly, will add! Although I have tried quite a few distros there are many I have not tried. Will most likely investigate those in a few months too! Really need the experience as mine pales to most on here! Another great thing about working on your own distro is you can only blame yourself for the problems!!!! I did my share of footing the blame to others when I used different OS's and am quite ashamed of myself! Now that have delved into this I fully understand the trials and agonies of getting things to work properly. It is a very difficult undertaking for developers and now side with them completely and am very grateful for all insights have seen from them! I also apologize if I have offended anyone here as nothing I write or say is meant to! I just want to learn the most I can, share it so others will not agonize as much as I have!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves