Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

13.04 Is major fun!!!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

13.04 Is major fun!!!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:09 pm

So I get this beauty put together installed and now I am in complete and total shock! Why, you say???? I put my old bluetooth in the back of the computer and before I knew it was hooked to my old cellphone! Now on Win7 took me about 10 minutes to get through that process! Took barely 30 secs to get it to connect! My jaw also dropped when I plugged my Zune in and what happened? File manager promptly opened it and I clicked it open in less than a minute! The guys have gone way beyond the call of duty with Ubuntu 13.04! Should be commercials or something to honor this type of dedication and hard work!!! Of course a big boo and I mean huge one goes out to Lexmark for their sheer ignorance to deny its customers such as myself, drivers for their printers (i.e X3430). They just do not want to work with Linux no more and I believe a boycott of their products would be the perfect reply to them! Very ticked as I just bought a new cartridge! If I would have know they were going to drop having drivers for Ubuntu, I would have bought another printer instead! These manufacturers have to wake up to the fact of which OS is on the steady incline in technology! We all know that is not Windows or Mac! Anyone in their right mind could understand that currently advancement in computer techniques and technology are solely resting on Linux's shoulders! Those developers at Linux just never seem to take a second to pat themselves on the back!!! Nope just continue and find something else to improve on! This is what I call advancement!!! When you can point out 5 things in a minute that are improvements, you know there has been a major overhaul!!! Was 12.10 bad??? No, I am not saying that by no means! I am saying a great and steady improvement is being seen here in each development of Ubuntu!!!! We are not talking about making the program look prettier, no am talking about the program working faster and with great efficiency! Now there will be some skeptics out there saying "Yeah but look at Windows 8! That is the one that should be compared!" Okay let's do it! Windows, the plug and play system, correct? Now to me I would call Linux 13.04 more of a plug and play OS! Why? Simple you install the system all the drivers are there(minus Lexmark!) and within a few minutes you are able to do what you want or your duties! Win8 System installs and just like all its ancestors you have to wip out the install disks to put all those lovely drivers in!!!! Actually, I think it should be called Plug and Pay with Windows 8!!! Then for Linux we have compiz with all our awesome little effects, several file and window managers different looks to satisfy all tastes. Then we have Windows 8 one desktop and if you are lucky you will not see the blue screen of death!!!! Enough of me ranting as I do not think I have to prove anything as 13.04 clearly speaks for itself as being another great milestone in Linux Development!!!! Besides, have to enjoy this system is showing a better success rate than the previous. Is not me is the system!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: 13.04 Is major fun!!!

Postby Micro » Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

I always go for HP Printers and install HPLIP from the website. Works well and supports Linux... <BREW>
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Yeah probably will pick one up in the next few days!!! HP stands behind their equipment! Lexmark as far as I am now concerned is dead! I am staying with Technology and is the reason I keep striving to learn Linux! Right now have Rhythmbox playing some tunes and it is so crisp and clear! To me seems as if the sound quality has also improved, which is almost unbelievable as Linux has had the best sound always! Now that I got my time looking right and Nemo running files on Gnome Fallback am really liking it again! Nautilus just makes things look a bit cheap, which does not do a hot desktop as Gnome any justice! Am very thankful I do not have to deal with Cinnamon anymore! Is just a little flaky here and there! Just never noticed any vast improvement in that desktop and to me just seems harder to find things. Easiest is still Gnome, for me anyway. Sure KDE and its search bar is awesome and the quality of their programs can not and repeat can not be beat! I just hope some of these developers read what I am saying as someone needs to tell them how awesome they all are! Just doing little odd jobs with this stuff and I am befuddled for days! These people go through all kinds of complaints from users and turn them into future successes! I have never before in my life seen people with such dedication! Is a beautiful thing! I guess it is why I get so upset when people cut Linux down or will not support it! Most times I feel if I do not see Tux on the item I am buying will avoid it!!! I can just about bet that if you took another OS and put this amount of programs and procedures in it(current OS), would never get anywhere! The computer would probably explode in my face! Ubuntu, nope keeps going! Sure if you have things wrong it will not run right, but it will still run! Reminds me of my car! Weeks back did that timing belt. Was off a tooth, ran bad, but still it ran and saved me the $150 towing fee! Was fixed in a few hours, good to go! Same went for this one. Once I realized what a dumb move I did with pulling that Ubuntu desktop, boom back in business! Desktop switching beats the pants off the 12.10 was running! Have to hand it Gnome for dumping (The Curtain!). Sorry was a cheap look for such a beautiful desktop! The hunter type green color for login is slightly ugly but is not cheap looking! Yes I moan and groan about Gnome, but when it comes down to it they are my favorite looking desktop! Most of it comes from my lack of knowledge! I plain out wish I understood their desktop a little more than I do!!! The LXDE desktop has also suprised me, greatly! I used to think was not stable, but boy am I dead wrong!!!!! Now if Gnome fails, chances are XFCE will also! LXDE is on its own wavelength! Decent navigation and no hassles even with an ailing compiz still did the trick!!!! Just am thoroughly impressed with 13.04 as seems there is always some escape from reload on hurting systems! Works great for inexperienced assemblers like me!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri May 24, 2013 12:01 am

I'm never sure if you are talking about Gnome or fallback. I think fallback, because no one likes Gnome.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 am

I mean..I'm sure there are people that do, but some people like to be beat and humiliated. Has to be the same people. I keep forcing myself to use it, and I swear it makes me hate everything.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:31 am

Definitely Gnome Fallback! Like that cause I get the compiz effects. Am sorry but there just is nothing like flipping the screen around(cube!) The day I saw that I almost fell over laughing! Is just one awesome thing that poor Windows users just do not get! Will also add this one about that bluetooth! Now the reason I am overly excited about it. See a few years back both the ole lady and I were on Windows. Well I bought bluetooth for both of us. Was nice for about a year. If she needed a file would click send and have it to her in no time! Then mine died! I bought a new one but wouldn't you believe they were not compatible with each other! So that ended the nice little send file deal had going for quite a while. Now pretty much have either had to burn or put on a flash for her. Hmm, was just trying to contact her bluetooth but thus far no dice! I guess that unit is just too old to be compatible with anything! Guess when the bluetooth units upgrade they can no longer contact and older unit! So goes my cheer of doing this again, unless I buy a new one. Of course would probably go through the same issue and would have to buy both at the same time!!! Some manufactures ensure you will have to keep buying!!!! At present both units are looking for each other and is like neither exists to the other!!!! I guess I was a fool to believe this would work!!! Still, as I have bluetooth on the laptop and my phone, least can deal with the both quite easily. I just hate to toss stuff while it is still working! Even feel funny on the printer, but it is just going against my principles. I do not hate Windows, but they are stagnate! If I saw progression I would be impressed. Prettier looks and side to side does not constitute progression!!! Linux has massively changed in a matter of a years time! A year ago, you would hook a Zune up and bam, bang freeze or crash. Now Linux says "Okay, now what. Want to do something with it???" While Windows just leaves video drivers up to the manufacturers, Linux has busted you know what to make video sweet!!!! This computer on Windows is just about useless. Linux has found ways to beat it and this machine is quite successful on it!!! This is what I mean about progression! I do not call making silly commercials progression or adding places to buy more of your useless toys! Instead of staying on that high horse and cutting others down, they need to get back to development!!! By my estimation they are about 2 years behind Linux!!!! That is a real shame for a multi-billion dollar company!!!! The ones that really suffer are the users!!! I just hope they see the light of day and bail out of that sinking ship!!! To me looks like the Titanic and it has definitely hit that big chunk of ice and is going down!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby ryanvade » Fri May 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Regular Gnome is like Windows 8. It works great on touch screens, but nothing else.

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Postby tanmay.01 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:25 am

ryanvade wrote:Regular Gnome is like Windows 8. It works great on touch screens, but nothing else.

AGREE
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Postby pam » Sat May 25, 2013 12:29 am

But companies are not interested in pleasing the user/consumer. Contradictory, most consumers dont care for making a relationship with a company.

IBM was at its peak when it sold out to Lenovo. But why, when they could have bought 2 Lenovos. They knew they dont want to show the people that they are better (that is the end of business forever)and now totally focus on R&D.
All hdd companies have now been consolidated. Its as if they are growing wheat. HDD prodution = wheat production.
AMD bought Ati but Ati always made good cards and good drivers.
Sun micro sold to oracle. Sun micro was and long after the buyout, a preferred choice for servers and even desktops.

Virtualbox was doing extremely well when there was no linux monopolization and no multi-standard garbage.
Oracle bought Innotek and then made virtualbox into a favorite retarded son.

Mandrakesoft which made Mandrake linux was at its ethereal peak. You actually bought a Mac just so you could wipe out default OS and install Mandrake.
Mandrake Linux was what OSx is now. And then like the way they kicked out Steve Jobs from Apple, they kicked out the lead developer. But never called
him back, So bye bye forever.

....Greatness is overrated. :lol:
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Ryanvade love that comment about regular Gnome! Does kind of remind me of something on a tablet!!! Now if they re-size those icons like always do you can get more on the screen. At present state the Gnome icons are kind of large! First time I saw that liked it as it did kind of teach me what I was looking for!!! Have to remember have only been on this Linux adventure for a little over a year now. Many of you have been on it for years so my experience pales many on here if not all! Still everyone was at my point some point in time and I will just keep pushing forward! One of the best things about Linux is all the desktops you can have! Sure I prefer Gnome, but will have say have gotten a little closer with LXDE in the past so many weeks! Is the easiest to boot to and seems to never falter. I can not say the same for XFCE as to me it seems it is reliant on something from Gnome. I could be wrong and would just love to know what makes that desktop kind of reclusive. Either that or it just can not stand Compiz! LXDE as long as you set it over to it seems to take it no matter what. Will say that when you first get LXDE going looks pretty cheap. Once you add to it looks great! As have stated, I love it more than I ever liked Cinnamon. Turns out only thing I ever liked about Cinnamon was Nemo! Much nicer looking on the windows. Nicer to issue the command sudo nemo! Opens faster then nautilus!!! Was so happy and still am that I was able to install Nemo right besides Gnome 3.8! Pcman is nice looking too! Rather have a little coloring in stuff if not looks so bland and generic! We are fortunate most of the greatest artwork is on Linux! Rest pretty much belongs to Apple as they do have some nice looking things. We are all fortunate though that there are developers that understand what is needed and just do it! Am still excited about all the great advances, I have seen! As have stated is amazing as I remember the Apollo moon missions and the huge room full of technicians to get that craft to the moon!!! Is hilarious to know that even my Zune is 10 times as fast as those computers! This one as being a quad core is somewhere around 30X fast? Not 100% sure but is somewhere around that point! Even when I first started using computers in 2001, I remember making a music disk was a chore!!! Now so easy could close my eyes and do it! Just hope it keeps going cause this is one awesome time to live in!!!! Thanks to all that have made this possible!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Rants and Raves