Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

13.04 Might be fun!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: 13.04 Might be fun!

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 am

New Ununtu=sucks
13.04 =sucks
gnome3=sucks
GTK3=sucks
gnome-shell=sucks
Wheezy=sucks
Mate=sucks
KDE=sucks
gnome fallback-session=sucks
nvidia-legacy173 drivers=sucks

The whole shoot'n match sucks !
I have had 13.04 installed for 3 weeks, and still cant get legacy drivers to run ! = FAIL
GTK3 - you have to be a programmer to modify ! =FAIL
KDE love it, hate it, HATE it =FAIL
Gnome fallback sesion Pizz pour rendition of GTK2 = FAIL
Gnome Shell =HATE it =FAIL
Wheezy- To easy to break ! = FAIL
MATE A product of Mint = FAIL
Mint=FAIL
I have NEVER had any issues with any Ubuntu install, until NOW !! 13.04 MAJOR FAIL !! WTF !!
suck suck suck suck SUCK !
So far, Debian Wheezy is far ahead in the "Suck's less" department ! as long as you don't try and clean anything up !! and let "autoremove" brick your system !
suck suck suck suck SUCK !
Have to stick with 12.04 LTS Consort Desktop ! (as fallback session ) Only Session !
and Squeeze to run GTK2 !
I just don't get where Canonical gets off shoving this crap forward ! They have totally lost sight of what there first intentions were ! and at this pint they are not seeing the big picture ! how is some ultra poor kid in Zimbabwe gonn'a run this crap on his IBM 600x Thinkpad ! that was donated to him to use UBUNTU on !!! for just that reason ! really Canonical ! If Icant get Ubuntu to run on 8 year old rigg !
how in the hell do they expect 3rd world countries to run it !!
Ya , 13.04 MIGHT be fun, If they gave you something to work with, and not against !!
Again JMHO ! I think they need to AXE the OLD lady and get someone with some integrity, foresight as well as hind site ! same goes for Gnome !!! suck suck suck suck suck SUCK ! and as far as Debian (The leader!?) Get with the program people ! WE DON'T want your NEW, so called "Improved" format ! we Want a stable, easy to customize (without 3rd party applications) Total operating system !! Holy Jeebuz is that to much to ask !??? they didn't fix what was broke in 8.10, and yet they continue to forge forward, really not fixing anything, just adding to the debacle I call Ubuntu ! and Gnome3 ! I see a total melt down !
It looks to me as 3rd party dev's will have to react ! and build said system on there own ! (TheeMahn) Like I have said in the past ! Build your own kernel, have your own repo's, support gtk2, compiz 8.xx, keep it "old school" with cutting edge apps, .. . . then walk on water !!! Screw them !! Royaly !!
Just my little rant ! :roll: :ugeek:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Wed May 22, 2013 11:42 am

but... what do you really think?
:-P
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed May 22, 2013 12:21 pm

[quote="billhedrick"]but... what do you really think?
:-P[/quote
Well Bill, There is not enough pages on the Internet, and if there was, and I was so inclined ! you would not have the time on this earth to read it all ! :lol: Arrrgghhh ! Dohh ! ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed May 22, 2013 12:50 pm

JOHNNYG wrote:
billhedrick wrote:but... what do you really think?
:-P[/quote
Well Bill, There is not enough pages on the Internet, and if there was, and I was so inclined ! you would not have the time on this earth to read it all ! :lol: Arrrgghhh ! Dohh ! ;)

KDE has fault in stability, but that isn't fair for me to determine, until I run it by itself. Other than that, I could care less for having to install an application to change a window, so KDE rules all others here..also you can manipulate GTK3 through qtcurve. The problems for me seem to keep circling back to Gnome 3. 13.10 committed suicide on my netbook, but is running tip-top on my desktop..idk, but I still think it was my fault for introducing Gnome to the system in order to use Gnome-Tweak-Tool, which wasn't necessary. I haven't tried consort because my abilities aren't there to start from scratch but I am hesitant doing anything with other desktops involved(see Gnome 3 sucks).

On the other hand..

I don't care if 13.10 on my Netbook died. #! is proving to be a pain too, but I think the fault lies with my USB, either way, 3.4 lite is running great, and I discovered how awesome Bodhi is on a Netbook. Seriously, I can slow my cores down to 1ghz, and at idle, fully themed out, my RAM sits at around 80mb, and CPU at 8%. Bodhi is my go to on my PI as well, and is Debian here. Bodhi was also really cool in Point Break, RIP Patrick Swayze.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed May 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Also we are going to have to find you and beat you if you haven't even tried 3.4 lite yet.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Micro » Wed May 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Debian Sid > MATE (None of that fallback DE garbage) > Liquorix. There is nothing better I guarantee it... Autoremove breaks any OS with added non repo specific software, or removes the software atleast. Atleast with Debian you can keep upgrading <BREW> and the OS will outperform any Ubuntu...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed May 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Micro wrote:Debian Sid > MATE (None of that fallback DE garbage) > Liquorix. There is nothing better I guarantee it... Autoremove breaks any OS with added non repo specific software, or removes the software atleast. Atleast with Debian you can keep upgrading <BREW> and the OS will outperform any Ubuntu...

NO !! autoremove will not, SHOULD not remove any thing that is installed, and a part of the system ! it is to Cleanly remove apt-packages ! Wheezy has neglected something and it is a FATAL flaw! Bleachbit has never AXE''d my system ! Untill wheezy ! Gnome fallback sucks as much as Xfce KDE Cinnamon, Lxde, and all the rest ! Consort is the IMHO the Only viable resort ! for GTK3 fallback ! Mate is just to intrusive ! and I DONT LIKE MINT ! Nuff said ! If I wanted Mint and all of it's Crap Than I would be a Mint a houlic ! MINT NOOOOO) !! Get It !!!! Nothing, notta, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA!!! :twisted: "ONE OF A KIND" Ultimate Edition !!! :ugeek: <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby Micro » Wed May 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Consort is just fallback and maybe for the time being only, still incomplete. I hate Mint as much as anyone else, but MATE will run gtk2,3, compiz and pretty much anything better. :? My opinion of course. But I can't see any reason to use Consort over MATE, esp at this stage. I'm almost positive about autoremove and software. Sure it's meant to cleanly remove apt packages, but it will always show non distro repo specific software inside. If I open synaptic and nav to autoremove, all my extra software and Ultimate Edition themes I added to Debian will be in there. Plus the liquorix kernel and even MATE are there because I added them from their own repo. And if i run from terminal, they will be removed. Bleechbit does have an option to autoremove and should be left unchecked to be safe. I have warned users of using Bleechbit for this same reason before. It's not an average users alternative to "ubuntu janitor" or whatever Ubuntu calls it. :roll: It's powerfull and should be used with caution
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Will bet everyone will get a good laugh at this one! Made a big mistake when I pulled the Ubuntu desktop out. So those of you that download the present image and build onto it, do not remove that desktop as it has core components in it for installation, compiz and even parts for gnome shell! Last night put all back in along with a few other items like mountmanager in and presto is back to normal as can be. Only thing missing at present are icons on fallback desktop. As I always enjoyed Nemo as a file manager with its great looks, I also installed that. I am hoping to create the link between icons and Nemo so when icons are clicked on (home, trash) will look decent as it did with the 12.10 I was running. Note, Was! Yes 13.04 is up and running over here on Laptop and Desktop with all its desktops. Presently, KDE and Razor are not on Compiz, but will work on that more in the next few days! Currently am on the LXDE desktop which as have stated have come to love much more than I ever liked Cinnamon! Is a very quick interface and for those that want another laugh, was the only desktop left on the Laptop after last failed build. That desktop was responsible for the repairs and correcting the build! Tirelessly that 2 core laptop put it all back together created a flash with Unetbootin. This morning reloaded laptop and watched as when desktop(Gnome) appeared for the first login, the background was there! Logouts have been fast and efficient with a speed of probably twice as fast as I was experiencing with 12.10. I do not see the fancy blue curtain of GDM anymore. Yes, am using the bland GDM since I have not figured out how to make the menu of lightdm smaller so all desktops can be seen!!! I was only able to see about 6 with lightdm so I just did the quick bs fix of going to GDM! So far with the Gnome Fallback desktop my largest complaint is the cheap time format! Sorry got used to the month day and seconds in there!!! No adjust for that, but am sure will figure something for it!!! Had KDE on the last build working with compiz flawlessly, but finally it did catch up as there was a crucial piece of compiz missing! So LXDE and Razor were the only functional ones left. Had I been more effective on that desktop would have used it. Just am more used to LXDE. I can see there are still a little bit of bugs with XFCE but will believe is due to using my old themes! Here and there it falters when logging into it! Can not use my Nissl theme on Gnome so have pushed it on LXDE and XFCE. LXDE handles it perfectly, but XFCE has problems with it here and there. Believe it might be due to using GDM, but thus far(last builds) none of the Window managers were able to handle logging into any desktop. Will check again when am brave enough!!! Love the XFCE desktop with its weather addon as can now have my town of MT Pleasant instead of Nashville!!! Anyway does not look like this system is a waste! Am happy on that as is a heavyweight at 4.3gb!!! Hate to toss that size down the toilet and all the hours spent on it!!!! Ah all for the sake of learning. Also hope as always someone picks up on what not to do or what to do!!! Just hope all helps!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Now that dconf is up and working right was much easier to get the icons back on the desktop!!!! Just went down to Nemo and set it all up. Date is looking good and to me is looking like I made the right choice to move to 13.04 as it does move a bit quicker with some requests!! Loads of fun putting all my files back in their perspective places as is somewhere around 200gigs! Blew it the other day as formatted the 500GB that had Windows 7 on it! A hasty move dusted it! Had the drive partitioned half and half but when I went to put the ailing(last build 13.04) it wiped out the wrong partition!!! Oops, just can not win them all!!! This new theme am using is on the bizarre side, but when it comes to darker themes, I love them! Is called nokto-3.8 My eyes just can not take those bright themes!!! So far have not had to install video drivers as compiz works without a hitch! So far any error has been the result of my lack of knowledge. Does not look as if I can pull the same config settings and put them in etc/skel as I did with 12.10. Would sure like to know how to get this all preset! Suppose is going to take me time to learn these new ways!!! Took me around a month to figure the etc/skel trick, so wonder how long this one will take? As stated last post all tools are there on right click. Super User + alt + right click moves or adds items to the upper taskbar, least in Gnome Fallback! Have not figured anything for Gnome Classic as nothing yet seems to effect it! Keyboard finally bit the dust today as has been acting crazy for a few months now! So bought this new cordless Solar Logitech one. Will be nice not having to worry about batteries!!! Anyway here is a pic of current 13.04/Gnome Fallback desktop. This is the way it should look when you open up my Computer. Bravo for Nemo!!! Nautilus is just too Windows bland looking!!!!
Attachments
gnomefallback.jpg
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves