Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

13.04 Might be fun!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: 13.04 Might be fun!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Found it in .config. Guess setting in XDG just did not transfer to .config where it needs to be! Did it now and works great. Is like Cinnamon except a hell of a lot more tolerable!!!! I like menus like this and on XFCE if Gnome is going to be insane will just avoid! Kind of wish KDE had this type of style. Of course if it did, I would probably only use it!!!! Have not tried on Razor.yet but will after I figure how to get some icons on LXDE without showing on other desktops!!! I just like having two home and trash!!! Figure will be a line in autostart in LXDE. If I find will post. Here's a pic of LXDE and the added line. Never know, might react the same way on someone else's system!!!
Attachments
LXDE COMPIZ.png
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri May 17, 2013 5:36 pm

KDE can emulate any desktop in almost any fashion. You don't even have to use that launcher. You can run almost any gtk+ theme through it.

It sucks that qtcurve has been so hazardous, because you can take it even further.

KDE is God in the custom desktop department.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby ryanvade » Fri May 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby pam » Fri May 17, 2013 11:50 pm

BBoss if your desktop doesn't show the wallpaper restart nautilus or compiz...
can make a script like JOHHNYG says(right click -- make file executable) and keep it on the right corner or wherever apps wont overlap...so
the next time just double click and you will know...

graphics drivers(for cards) make a huge difference in the successful running of compiz. Check with both gallium and proprietary to be on the
safe side...if proprietary doesn't work on testing(something is critically wrong)...that means compiz wont behave with every other computer.
Intel will almost run anything.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Thanks PAM will try on the next load! Failed last night in XFCE was bizarre and really do not know how to describe what happened! Things were going fairly smooth, but I believe an earlier command I made messed things up for it! So Unetbootin is loading the flash again for a re-install and will go from there! Had downloaded a new theme and wallpaper was working fine on Classic and Fallback, then compiz went haywire but believe it was due to an earlier command I had found on a website! Think it was outdated and messed everything up cause I never saw such ridiculous behavior!!!! Is a shame as I guess it really was not broken until I broke it!!!! Just turned out my favorite theme is just not handling correctly! Person that made it claimed to have upped it in March, but just might not be good enough for 3.8!!! I did find another that is tolerable. If this next load goes good, maybe will see what needs to be done for that theme and fix it myself!!! The startup disk bit, have done it a few times and is only at about 50% successful! Not a good ratio when you need things happening quickly! Sure I can get to a Gnome Classic desktop at which point freezes up after about 5 minutes and the amount of time to get to Gnome is wasting to much time as to get anywhere, so yes a reload will happen!!! First OS was a little smoother than this, but have to remember is more things in this one, so that just adds to what can go wrong!!!! Some people find intrigue in games and many other things, where this stuff to me is more interesting!!!! Have to take the bad along with the good!!!! Before I blew it with the command, I saw the possibilities of this OS to be something good!!! Just hope it is going where I want it to go!!! Will find out tonight and will post tomorrow. BB
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Fallback is still a nightmare even after reload! Presently have it on the desktop and is moving decent. No drivers installed for video and compiz is working perfect on XFCE and LXDE. Noticed is some kind of hook between XFCE and Gnome. If I turn manage desktop in Gnome Tweak it messes XFCE desktop up! Least on the desktop am getting faster results. Am 100% positive the laptop bungled the assembly of this OS!!! Not sure if I will ever get it straightened out but will keep trying. Will post as learn more what is going wrong. Never know might have someone else out there with a bungled assembly!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun May 19, 2013 5:42 pm

BBOSAK2143 wrote:Fallback is still a nightmare even after reload! Presently have it on the desktop and is moving decent. No drivers installed for video and compiz is working perfect on XFCE and LXDE. Noticed is some kind of hook between XFCE and Gnome. If I turn manage desktop in Gnome Tweak it messes XFCE desktop up! Least on the desktop am getting faster results. Am 100% positive the laptop bungled the assembly of this OS!!! Not sure if I will ever get it straightened out but will keep trying. Will post as learn more what is going wrong. Never know might have someone else out there with a bungled assembly!

Why not just use Lubuntu 13.04? Install Compiz, and call it a day?

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun May 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Have you used 3.4 lite? Makes Fallback seem pointless....

It's like BOOM!, here ya go.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Micro » Mon May 20, 2013 8:52 am

No need for gnome fallback when there is MATE. <BREW>
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:47 am

XAN, if I do it all the easy way, what will I learn? Have picked up some fascinating things on some of my errors and some of this stuff will add to fixing systems when they mess up! This assembly is a major trainwreck!!! Starts off even though I have all the files systems in it on initial install will not partition and will absolutely flat out refuse to install Reiser4!!!! Now if I use a partition manager I can do anything I want to it minus Reiser4!!! Even though everything is installed for Reiser4 it refuses to work!!!! Next once you get all loaded up, forget about using Gnome Fallback because no matter what you do with it will not work right! Compiz fails and have tried uncounted number of things to fix it, to no avail! Only successful desktops are LXDE, Razor and KDE! Razor still have not tried anything to get Compiz going with it! XFCE goes south after a few boots! Get it all looking great compiz functioning at 100% and next time you boot up into it all you get is wallpaper and nothing else. Am about ready to scrap this image as so far hardly anything is going right for it!!!! Is a shame as is basically based off this one I use every day and am absolutely thrilled to death with!!! I face less errors with my current system then I have ever faced! I guess I was a fool to think the same design would work on another one!!!! Only difference is a few more desktops!!! I just never thought the result would be this drastic! To me is like once you use Gnome Fallback, you can just format the drive, cause all goes to hell!!!! Been trying to get to the bottom of it and do believe there is some old files. I had an error report come back at me mentioning some old files that do not belong there, am hoping to get to it tonight! Just hope I figure something for it before I just scrap it and start fresh!!!! Just takes hours to put these things together and is hard to remember all the parts needed!!!! Is why I always say, doing this stuff really makes me appreciate all developers because believe me, they face incredible challenges and headaches!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Rants and Raves