Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

13.04 Might be fun!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

13.04 Might be fun!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:58 am

Now am surprised no one is messing with 13.04 yet!(DistroWatch) Sure in haste I had downloaded one and was messed up! Sure wish I would have downloaded again right away as am a bit pressed for time, but maybe will get somewhere now with it. Preliminary results looking at it might just support more desktops easier and function a little quicker with things. No expert on all this, but am going to have a little fun this morning and see if I can get a decent one up and running. Might not be today but am hoping by the weekend! Will let you know what happens! Owe it to all here, you taught me the best information on the net! Now is the time to return what was taught in the form of a new system. Current 12.10 I run is nice, but I personally am looking for something a little more grandiose! Will let you know what happens and where it will be available when done. Of course done means tested on laptop and home computer. So maybe by this time next week will be usable, sure hope so!!! Still wondering if anyone else is working on one. Just curious do not have to get into specifics, just wondering someone else trying is all?
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: 13.04 Might be fun!

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed May 08, 2013 10:52 am

I glanced it over.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed May 08, 2013 3:14 pm

I have had a bad time with 12.10. Not if I load and run 12.10, but attempting dist-upgrade from 12.04 on to 12.10 has yielded extremely unbeneficial results. Quite the contrary going from 12.10 on to 13.04 and even up to 13.10.

Ubuntu 13.04 as an OS is pretty infallible. I don't care for the horrible colors and the Amazon integration but Canonical is not out to please me. With a few adjustments, it can be pretty amazing. I have had no problems running anything right to the edge, and if I have, I really just had to wait a couple days, update, upgrade, and all is well....except for those stupid Amazon and Ubuntu One icons that appear every time I upgrade. Since it takes less time for me to fix that than write this sentence, I would say that is pretty forgivable. It's kind of funny though like "We have our eyes on you, Buy Something!, Buy something now!!, Anything!!"

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:21 pm

So far has been very cooperative! Of course we know that does not count unless it boots up and acts right! Found out that repo generator does not work. Keyservers and all no dice only a few worked. Had to manually apt add repository. Lost an hour on that one!!!! To this point the system is half together and will add with the Gnome 3.8 desktop, which practically gave no hassles at all! For the life of me, I can not remember the repo for k9copy, someone does please list it! Lot of things going on still!!! Had some things to deal with at school and some of those things will still steal my time!!! Was able to get about 3/4 of it assembled. Is closing as I write this(ub-builder) If I am lucky will also have more compiz effects. Hopefully the flames will be back, kind of miss that!!! Not sure how well the laptop will boot it in Vbox but should see within another 15 or more minutes! Provided it works, will once again set off for school, Friday morning to complete it! Is quite an adventure so far! Never assembled in synaptic yet, so is a first! Really just missing a few things and some desktop environments! If all goes well today will get those other environments installed and it should be fairly close to Ultimate, least in the ballpark! Hopefully is not going to be on the bench!!!! Only another day to get this up and going at school,really can not afford to do it at home with Verizon! As have said before, years ago I had cable and pretty much wasted it on useless downloads. Now that I might be able to accomplish something, wouldn't you know I do not have cable!!! A note to anyone using synaptic initially in Ubuntu-builder: Do not hit apply all updates! Kernel gets frazzled if you do that. Update slowly, make sure you get rid of the old initrd and old vmlinuz. Did that this morning and tested well! Still waiting for the results as Laptop takes time! Okay!!!! It boots up, but have no log out option now, course is way too slow moving on the laptop in vbox. Will bring it over here and view it more!!! So would say today has been successful and worth the time!!!! Will get there yet!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Put it on Unebootin and got it up on Gnome Classic 3.8 desktop. Decent takes my themes from 3.6 desktop quite well! Some reason can not get the desktop background functioning, probably one of the missing pieces. We all know how Gnome is!!! So far all programs installed work properly! Gnome Fallback not working presently as is also missing pieces! Unfortunately my shell theme is not the greatest, so will find another! Least my main theme is working as would not think of moving unless can have some kind of looks to it! Folders=ugly! Not sure if Cinnamon will be in the mix, but will get the other desktops along with all the missing pieces(quite a few at this time!) I suspect will take me til end of Friday to be fully functional. Unsure if will have it ready to upload at that point as has been a slow process. Even with quick speeds, takes time for the ole laptop to put things together, no Quad just a simple Dual Core! Very smooth reactions thus far but have to remember is on a flash drive, presently! Still, the 12.10 on flash was a little more choppy than this, so I might just be on the right track for a great one! Anyone with insight to K9Copy repo please let me know, I can not remember the exact repo! will appreciate that very much! Well am down for now have one more test to go and am done with school!!!! Be back Friday to let you know how things go. Am hoping someone will answer on K9Copy will check but will not be able to take the time to answer posts til Friday. BB
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pam » Wed May 08, 2013 10:34 pm

13.04 working stable(unity) with compiz..
Will have 9 months support.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:57 am

Yeah but how bout with all the goodies??? Is getting there, hopefully done by tomorrow afternoon. Have to look for my k9copy info,have it somewhere, guess no one here remembers that one! Back to work one more test to go and a couple papers, so pressure is on. Want to get this thing done for all and share it!!! Am sure with what will be in there will be nice! Might need a little touch up, here and there, but everyone here knows I am not TheeMahn or even close. Just trying to help and bring something nice to all!!! Should be alright to use as 13.04 seems quite stable. Will have one copy up with all programs installed, but will leave the user to install AMD or Intel Microcode and their own video drivers. Do not care what connection you have, the work I have done takes time!!!! To finish it with those items is not a hard price to pay for hours of work!!!! Current size 2.9gigs, estimated completion 3.5gigs! Current time spent 6 hours. Take care will post back tomorrow.BB
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 am

It is up and somewhat running? Needs help. Drivers installed, no compiz, no background on gnome. So far is giving me a hassle with those parts other wise the other desktops working fine. As usual Gnome is a thorn in the side! Do not know will mess with it some more at school today. Of course results are from Laptop only which is only a dual core. Might just not be enough guts in the laptop to handle the system! More of a Quad system as has all the goodies(working programs!) Gnome fallback fell of the face of the earth! No taskbars usable just black lines that do nothing! Might just wind up using the cheaper desktops on the laptop as Gnome is just seeming to be more than it can handle!!!! Turns out used the wrong manager for choosing which desktop! Thought Lightdm would be a good choice, but unfortunately does not show all the desktops as its fonts are too large!!! Not sure how to straighten it out right now, but will get there! Razor is a nice desktop and is the last of the selections can get to right now! Is a shame as would like to see xfce right now, but muffed it for now! Maybe by later will have this fixed, but not positive. Thank god, I did not put it on the desktop for now!!!!! Need a little more stability and usage right now!!!! Besides am running out of hard drives!!!!! Hey got to have some humor in all this!!! Is a trip! Not sure if anyone reading all this, but whoever is can get a little glimpse of what goes on putting these beauties together!!!!! Least current system all that ever sets it crazy is this small electrical trouble have with usb!!! Been going on since about 6 months after I assembled it!!! Not everything is perfect! When that hassle comes up I simply reboot and all is well and can move along for hours on end! Just hoping I can get the same sanity out of 13.04! Well back to it will write back! PS for those wondering how to get K9COPY in here's instructions:

Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org squeeze main
Update the package index:
# sudo apt-get update
Install GPG key of the repository:
# sudo apt-get install deb-multimedia-keyring
Install k9copy deb package:
# sudo apt-get install k9copy
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby ryanvade » Fri May 10, 2013 3:43 pm

The only issues I have had with 13.04 is with the installation. grub never finishes the installation and for some reason I keep getting the Gnome 3.8 repos added. Very odd indeed. But once that is done all is good. Loving 13.04. Very fast.

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Am not liking Gnome 3.8 at this point! Is another steal from Peter to give to Paul! On classic yeah got the sheer taskbar(myfav!) but what is the cost???? Compiz non-functional!!!! Is a bummer to me! Of course have the nagging problem of some crappy color going over the wallpaper if I don't turn off the file manager!!! Dumped a lot of the Unity junk(buy this buy that crap!) and with it went the dreadful Ubuntu side panel surprise desktop!!!! Fallback still fallsback into nothingness!!!! Have two black taskbars top and bottom with no way of logging out or getting to programs. But, compiz does work there!!!! I was always under the impression Fallback was on the order of Cinnamon with just the bottom taskbar, on this is two naked black taskbars with nothing to click on! Re-installed, nothing still the same! Can not blame it on video drivers as the right ones are in there! Razor is nice and do have all the goodies for KDE, have LXDE and XFCE. Just was hoping Gnome was worthwhile, but like this is a limp wrist to me! Those guys over there need to face reality, wake up and get it together! Is getting me flipped as even go to remove 1 stupid useless game and it just wants to remove the entire desktop!!!! Very upsetting!!!! I could remove components of cheap value (screensaver,games) in 3.6 with no hassle whatsoever now the whole desktop wants to remove. You know what? I think I am going to oblige it and do that!!!!! As dysfunctional as it is I would not miss it for a moment! Should have left 3.6 in there!!!! In fact at this moment that is what is happening, Gnome Core bye bye!!!! All I wanted to do is remove that god awful screensaver that locks you out and have to keep typing your password in. Would be nice if once you disabled it would stay that way, but these days not so! Last version worked when I removed it and put xscreensaver in there!!!! I get very tipped when everything it melded together, not good at all!!!! Well it rebooted! Works but still a nightmare and a half!!!! Background picture comes up then disappears! Then have to turn off manager then have no icons! So is either no icons with background or icons with sickly login screen color background!!!! Gnome has just lost me!!!! If I can not get this fixed, will surely look to the other desktops!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Rants and Raves