Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Alternative use for ClamTK?

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Alternative use for ClamTK?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:24 pm

Sure I scan my Linux OS probably about once or twice a month. You know not everyone can make Web Pages great these days!!! Hey, I did that class a few semesters ago and believe me, I messed up a few pages before I got them right!!!! So usually about what I find with ClamTK on this OS is bad web pages in Chromium or whatever browser am using! You know me got plenty of choices for browsers! Use them all but have different uses for each to make things go faster. So anyway as you have read in the other posts of today, was on the Oh so Wonderful OS I just love so much(yeah right, one guess!) and its version 10 browser took a big dump on me and not working. Brilliant OS is updating and getting nowhere as half of the stuff has not loaded properly and whatever else is going on(beats me???) So am up on my system and running ClamTK to check that system! Not sure if is a great idea, but figured got nothing to loose! Is muffed to hell right now and think it is because of last Thursday's endeavor to convert some mp4's to avi!!! At present is saying around 214 problems. Has been scanning for an hour. Why don't I get a Windows virus scanner????? Am scared to death right now! I mean, I could not even get a simple utility to convert those MP4's to AVI without getting into trouble!!!!! Yes I was stupid! Now if I would have remembered PowerPoints only use AVI, while I was on my OS I would have used FF Multiconverter, which in my estimate is like owning a piece of Fort Knox!!! That is one gem, I absolutely will never be without as its results are impeccable!!!! Still as been striving to just simply set up Windows to use on occasion here and there, decided I needed a few utilities! Now for just that one am in hot water! Freecorder, the utility I used to absolutely love to use has gone rogue!!!! When I say rogue, I mean now everything else downloads besides the important things that made it one great asset to Windows! Now all that it wants to give you is trashy programs that you do not want. You can configure manually, but it will still grab the garbage and never give the good stuff! Back to the main point and concept of this post now! Think is a good idea using ClamTK to scan the entire drive??? Will also add, this OS of mine might be a little sluggish with some things, but it just walks through and gets the job done! Maybe fast is not always the best?? Sure, I have some things wrong with it, but if it ran like that Brilliant OS, I would dump it in 2 seconds flat!!!! Still scanning so will post back the results and if it worked for those that are curious! Hey have to have fun sometimes, right??? Sure beats networking!!!! Am dreading that test tomorrow!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Alternative use for ClamTK?

Postby Micro » Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey BBoss do you or anyone here on Central know what layer 0 and layer 8 of the osi model are? And before anyone asks of course there are only seven. This answer will seperate the technical professionals from the rest. Or atlest anyone who's ever worked in the IT field. If you don't know ask one of your professors. It's a joke amongst IT Folk. I wonder who will come up with it. :geek:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby ryanvade » Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Hey Micro, lets not bring politics into this... :lol: :lol:

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Awesome will get my Professor with level 8 OSI tomorrow he has a great sense of humor. Of course we all know that cause he does tolerate me!!!! ClamTK not a great choice, least have to be very careful as is more geared towards finding problems in a Linux system and misunderstands some critical Windows files!!! So will have to reload it! As have made the comment many times, I am lucky if I get a month out of running Windows!!!! Does better in Virtualbox, then on a hard drive!!!! Have made that statement on here many times and for me it reigns supreme! So with ClamTK have to just delete the worms is all. Packer.exe is generally a file that makes the program run!!!! Results were 253 so-called infections, but in reality from what I could see, I had 3 worms! All courtesy of just trying to download and install Freecorder! I guess that will no longer be a favorite program of mine!!!!! So basically, Windows is trashed and after running for a total of 1 week!!! Then people wonder why I choose not to run it!!!!! Of course can not leave Windows Updates out of this as has to do with some problems also!!!! Have found with them, best is to get updates slowly not all at once. Well, I messed up did not set up properly and got bombarded by 500 megs worth of updates. Of course 40% never installed correctly!!!! Ah the joys of Windows! Guess I will just have to stay with the so-called "Primitive OS" misinformed people tell me!!!! Rather get messed web pages then all these worms and trojans!!! I mean I would understand it if I was on a downloading frenzy or searching for hacks and cracks, but a simple video conversion tool???? Is absolutely disgusting! Am absolutely glad I took Win 8 off this Laptop and run my system!!!! Much more dependable and trustworthy. Just a hair of kilter, but matches the assembler(me). I finally did get the video drivers correct on it and will not try to upgrade to 13.10(again!). Have noticed with a dual core that some things are just not a 100% accurate. On the desktop is there and more chances can be taken, but not with the laptop, just not quick enough! Anyway next time will find some AV on this OS then just transfer it to Windows. Probably will not reload til the weekend if not next weekend!!! Better off anyway as I just use it here and there and get so tipped at it anyway!!! Rather laugh at my OS than scream and complain at that one!!!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves