Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ipod anyone???

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Ipod anyone???

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 am

I bought an Ipod used and am getting to think way too abused! So far I have not had any luck getting it to mass load my music collection from my Zune. When I say mass load I mean just as I loaded the zune. I just let it sync with all the music files in my collection. Load time was around 4 hours for a collection of 92gb. Now I formatted this Ipod with Itunes on Win7. I have tried loading it with Rhythmbox 2 times. First time it got to 492songs/8914songs. The second time it took from 9am til 6pm to get 12gb/92gb errored out and when I disconnected and rebooted the Ipod, it claimed there were no songs on it at all!!!! File browser showed it had in fact put the music on the Ipod. Ipod and Rhythmbox both denied what file browser had!!!! I am getting to think this one is sheer garbage as in shot! I have a hard time believing Ipod would work like junk when it has been out so many years! I also did try Itunes at which point it gave up after 7 songs/8914! Am giving it one last shot in Clementine as gtkpod seems to much of a project. I am not going to sit here adding 8914 songs to a repository for it!!!!! I guess I was crazy to think gtkpod could load an entire library as easily as Rhythmbox or Clementine!!!! Anyway am new to these Ipods and sure would like to know from someone that really knows what to do for these things!!! Thanks in advance!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Ipod anyone???

Postby tanmay.01 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:21 am

Amarok or banshee(i prefer) should do the job.

But give this a look => Yamipod
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Thanks for advice on those programs. Just tried Amarok. Freezes when loading the library. Banshee loaded the library and will have to check it to loading the Ipod. Personally, I think it is shot! Not positive as have found some wma files on my Zune, how? Do not know as I had remembered copying all music as 320kps mp3! So is a weird one there. Will have to go through those as am positive Ipods do not play wma files!!!! So could be the main cause of my problems, but will have to wait a bit as tests are here for school!!!! Really appreciate the advice and soon as time permits will let you know how it goes!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:36 am

Just to update, is no good! Ipod is shot! No matter what way is loaded or try to load only takes about 200songs/8000. Is no programs fault as unit is making crackly sounds. Any songs that go on there do not play, so is most likely a shot hard drive inside! Appreciate all the advice and to me looks like Banshee is a great choice. Least it does show the user what is happening!!!! Many programs do not! Guess I will be stuck using the Zune til is croaks!!!! Just can not afford to spend anymore of this grant! Guess you just can not buy a used Ipod less it is from someone you know!!! To much dishonesty out there and just happy I am not like that!!! As I tried the Itunes program also, will state Banshee has more of a resemblance to it than the others, but does not look like Itunes. Just a nice program that actually shows the user what the progress is in layman's terms. Does not work with my Zune, but then again nothing but its original program gets a bleep out of it! Just hoping one day someone will make one of these devices that is not solely dependent on the software. Sansa fuze was great in that aspect! All I ever had to do was just move the MP3's to it and presto would work!!!! Just wish others would get to this size as my collection is large(92gb) and is very difficult to mess with these programs without spending loads of time! Sure saves time in the long run, but initially is a real pain!!!! Also, I did find 200 songs that were in the wrong format, which I promptly converted and retried the programs, so I know is a definite this Ipod is toast. Just get the butter out for it!!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 pm

It can take 200?

You need to reset the ipod I think.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320

I would probably go about it differently.(Probably give it away, but first)

I wouldn't say it is broken if it is playing music. I have had a broken ipod and they generally don't do that. Generally a broken ipod does nothing.

Since you have a Windows computer. Maybe just go ahead and download Itunes packages, and deal with it that way, instead of trying to figure out what is going wrong from an experimental angle. Another thing is why are you so insistent on just shoving thousands of songs at it at once? There is no way to really accurately tell if something went wrong especially if you are GUI dependant.
I would reset it, see if it needs any new software. Hook it up, and let it do its thing. It is built to do that. Literally. This is why they are popular. Also Justin Long.

What kind of ipod is it?

You may need to jailbreak(root) the little bastard.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Yes I used Itunes to load it in Windows 7 on the 500gb. I also said none of the songs that went on it played. It simply error-ed out at 200. To me seemed like Ipod kind of falls asleep! Songs show as there, but when clicked on just keeps skipping to the next song. Has been reset 4 times now and do not think anything will do it any good! Can not win them all! I paid a hundred for this used Ipod and guess is just to abused! I was curious about them that is why I tried one, but to me is just another pain as my Zune is! To get so sophisticated with the loading process just seems to be very aggravating to me! As stated, wish Sansa would push up to a 120-160 gig! I would jump on it in a second!!!! Easy deal, just simply move the files over, no red tape of programs! I will say am very agitated since what happens is all of these programs will take a simple disk and make a project out of it! I mean some disks are collaborations with different artists, so it then sets up a dozen folders for one disk! Gets hard to find things that way! Then say my Zune is going to give up. Now unless, I have the Zune program on my computer to grab the songs off it I am out of luck!!! Same goes for these Ipods! So worried about protecting the music against copy protection they fail to see what us users really need and want! There have been several instances where I purchased a new disk, then went to load my Zune. It then claimed all the songs were on there. Next thing I know am driving down the road going to listen to it and I only have 10/15!!!! Is a real tipper! I have also had it do 2/15, 14/15, etc! Lot of times takes 2x to load it, not good at all! When I had the Sansa, was a simple transfer and done! That is what I would love to see again! You know that Sansa has never failed yet! The ole lady has been using it for near 4 years now with no hassles whatsoever. Very well built unit! I was under the impression, Sansa was to up their micro sd's to 128 by this point, but so far tops is 64 gig. Just not large enough to house 92gb's worth of music I have! I absolutely refuse to reduce any mp3 lower than 320kps!!!! Sounds tinny like an old AM pocket radio! Learned it the hard way, when I got excited about making MP3 disks. Tossed them since they sound like absolute junk! Anyway as I say, originally I did not know someway somehow wma's were on the Zune! When I found that, thought it was the cause of Ipod not loading! Is not as has been tried in 4 different programs including Itunes and never gets to anything playable! So I got ripped off on this one! Probably cost more to fix then I paid for it! Just thought as they are a reputable place selling used items, it would be good. Guess I am wrong!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:35 pm

The .wma's were probably those stupid songs that come with Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/media-center/84246-delete-sample-music.html

To be fair, I like the XP one that plays when you are installing, but that's not what I am referring to.

I clearly remember those things finding there way on a few mp3 players including my ipod due to itunes software being little more than a virus at the time and being seriously invasive.

Also
http://consumerist.com/2007/01/04/itunes-lawsuit-ipod-software-is-crippleware/

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:51 am

They were all my songs, but apparently(one of the many reasons I now prefer Linux!) media player decided my choice of Mp3 was not what my real intentions were!!! So it just converted to wma. Do not ask me how as this only occurred for 6 disks out of hundreds!!!! So they are converted now as I want them compatible with any unit I would put them on! I always delete the yuppy music that comes with media player, sorry is garbled nothing to me! I read on this one page describing Linux, Mac and Windows. Maybe was on the biased side, but tend to agree. The site claims Linux as the finished product, Mac a beta and Windows on the alpha side!!! Absolutely love that description as seems very accurate! Sorry Mac and Windows users is just after years of messing with computers, I can understand why it is all depicted that way! Both are very narrow minded about their devices and never seem to consider anyone else in the picture besides themselves. To them they are the masters of computing and everyone else is nothing! Sorry, I just do not buy into that anymore! All systems have their purpose and should consider others and break through that halo around their heads! Users need dependability, not long drawn out sales ads on TV and Internet! Will stick with my above statements and add if better units(large capacity Mp3 players) are constructed that have zero restrictions, it is my firm belief more users would use them! Ditto on their systems also!!! Now with an economy that is hanging by a thread, why these companies continue constructing things users will not purchase is beyond me!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Micro » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:26 pm

I've used gtkpod successfully awhile back on Debian, but only to help my sister and a friend combine music. I dont own anything Apple for many of reasons, but thats another story. ;) Hope you make some progress BBoss...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Will not be with that one as got taken by that place! Oh well, win some and then loose some! Anyone know how to fix these things when they clackity clack and do not play music???? Probably costs more than is worth, right? You know I set that 500gb on Windows, but to be totally honest ticks me to use it! I always get more accurate response from my own creation and the topper is am no pro and have mistakes in there! So what does that say about Windows? I will leave that for everyone here to decide that one! Am afraid at this point might get flagrant on a response to a question of such! Check the following rant, will be decent about it, but at present I have steam coming out of my ears and my face is as red as my Marlboro shirt!!!! GTKPOD works as long as the Ipod works! See there is a huge difference between Linux and these other GREAT systems! Simple, Linux tells you the truth! Others beat around the bush!!!! I dare someone to prove me wrong on that one!!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves