Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Runs good but needs TLC!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Runs good but needs TLC!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Close to 5 months ago, TheeMahn gave all of us users experienced and not so experience(myself) the best opportunity ever on the internet! The opportunity to build an OS with him! I am once again going to state was a total honor for him to consider us!!!! My thanks will always be with him and all the staff here that has helped me as I branched to make my own OS. Presently, this system has been running close to 2 months. Has been used and abused, been through some decent improvements and keeps going strong. Most everyone here at Ultimate, I solely blame for how good it runs! Yes there are some drawbacks due to my lack of knowledge, but performance over all matches what I had with Ultimate! Very successful in getting the job done, which is the main part of computing. I had only experienced one major malfunction with the OS, which then turned out to be hardware related. I was experiencing a periodic freeze while typing. I then found out my keyboard was packed with a lot of cat hair. Apparently(I have 11 cats!) hair had gotten in between keys and underneath next to the circuit board and was making contact. After dis-assembly and cleaning this problem has now disappeared. The themes I enjoy the most Nissl-Adwaita-Dark-4 and Adwaita-X-Dark(modified) gives Cinnamon a major hassle on processors lower than quad! My curiosity on changes in updates lead me to a process that involves change logs. When the software updater comes up and is clicked upon, downloads commence. Before installation of the downloads, the changes are shown. One must click the positive sign click in the black area and hit enter to read the lines. Once it gets to the end simply click F2 and installs all the updates.

My stubbornness to use all Unity prevents the system from being able to use more compiz effects! I just do not want to go near getting that Ubuntu desktop! I do not like the looks of it! Gnome 3.6 is the dominant DE and I mostly only use Gnome Classic. To me is easier to find things, otherwise I would have chosen a more dependable DE such as KDE. I enjoy their utilities very much, since they work so well!!! Although, the system lacks KDE desktop, the utilities are there but only to use wisely. For those that would simply have to use Neopumuk backup there is KDE System Settings to turn it on. Drawback is Gnome quirks and girks once the process starts. It will run, but advise against it! Besides in Gnome system settings there is another backup which should suffice and not cause any hassles. Screenshot for some unknown reason will not take pictures of the Cinnamon desktop, which I discovered yesterday! Kazam Screencaster replaces recordmydesktop for an easier choice and one step process. Instead of making an Ogg file it makes the universal MP4 file which seems to play on all video players including Windows. Handbrake is also installed, but there for other conversion needs. For other video conversions there is FF-Multiconverter which in my estimation is the best one out there!!! Thanks again for that advice! This system is jammed packed with utilities and the greatest programs I could find. End result is good! With more knowledge than I have I would have to say could be one of the greatest systems out there!

I am on this OS day in, day out running many things with hardly a hassle! Any hassle is due to my lack of "Know How". I am not a developer, just a user with some knowledge and expectations on how an OS should run. I expect programs to execute by command and not studder or forget to respond. So far it follows my expectations. I honestly wish someone with more knowledge would take it from here! I have come to the end of the road with my abilities and lack of website! I would love to see it grow and get stronger, since I know it has a strong base and is quite functional! I just do not see obtaining the rest of what it needs before the release of Ubuntu 13! It is like a car that run good, but needs paint and a tune-up! Is the best way to describe it. It will install live but after installation the crappy Gnome blue wallpaper is there. I have no idea how to fix that! I have not learned how to create my own boot screen so is left with a Ubuntu Stargate boot screen which does look nice. Since I do not have a website to attach it to, I can not name it but would love to see a name geared towards College. The premise for its build was to be for college students entering the BIT career field. Lack of name also causes a one time software sources crash on install. I researched this problem and is related to lack of no website attached. Other than what is listed is good and just would like to give it to the community that inspired it and hope it will progress so others will enjoy it as much as I do!!! This is my main intention. I never meant it as a Ha Ha, I got a good one and you do not! No, I want all to have it and enjoy! I owe it to all that inspired it and help it to this point!!! Will be updated to the point of upload for anyone that wants it. Just let me know where to send and will do it! More detailed information will also be included in the Games folder.
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Runs good but needs TLC!

Postby pam » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:51 pm

There are many things to consider BBOSAK2143..
If you have a gut feeling about something, you are the only soldier in its quest. It requires commitment and dedication to build an OS.

Building an OS is the best learning experience. Things are not so simple as they seem outward. It takes years to build an OS that everyone can use.
There are many distro's that use ubuntu as a base and 12.10 is not a good base..i dont mean to offend but history repeats itself.
The general populace does not care about computing either, simply put there are Real world problems to deal with.
Most developers do not care about underlying OS, they need only one they can trust.

Eg: A programmer or a networking expert who has spent years learning programming languages and even more writing programs with them will either stick to ubuntu LTS, Debian, RHEL, suse, Arch, windows, Mac OS and FreeBSD. You cant convince him/her otherwise, you will offend their sensibilities and defy their intellect.
Also you will be shocked the number of people trying to get their code into the kernel or ppa for ubuntu. If you see the external projects being done for
the kernel that morphs it into a different beast and then linus will happily boot it. Nobody needs to agree with him.

Its true you will never require a fancy computer and you can even build the best OS on a dual core, provided you know how to destroy a keyboard in 4 weeks flat.

Building an OS is a cause to which only you can fuel the fire for.

More than the technical mumbo jumbo and words i wont use, money dictates eventuality.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby Moebius » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:52 am

+1 pam

@BBOSAK2143
Constructive advice:
Set up a Sourceforge account and upload it there.
Set up a Facebook / Google Plus account and promote it there.
You do not really need anything more than that to start up. ;)
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks much Moebius, will have to do that real soon! I figure is a decent system, as I have dumped so many systems in a month flat or less! Just not a pro or even close. Is the software and all the great help received here! Will work on that as having that site to register to can clear a few issues! So I appreciate that advice big time. When time permits will get all set up and set a link to it. Pam, yes have a good feeling about it! Spent a lot of time on it and will do more. I just am still a novice compared to all these developers in Linux. Whenever time permits(between study,school and internship) I spend on the system. I feel is 90% if not more effective at present. Hopefully once I set an account up and upload it, others will enjoy it as I am! By then should raise the effective rate up a few notches! Thanks for all your help here always!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:08 pm

It is a problem with Unity and Classic, but it may not be so apparent why. So with Gnome 3.6, it is like a base, you add the compiz built Unity plug-in and variants and you have Unity, you change the panel and you have Classic, you take Mate, Mate is based off gnome 2 and Gnome 3, Cinnamon is based off Gnome 3, to add compiz effects to Cinnamon you have to incorporate elements of Unity, throw in Window Manager variables and the fact that 3.8 will not support fallback-classic-gnome-panel-monster and then your head explodes and you die.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Oops, got sidetracked by death, so when you have Classic with Compiz and Unity you can have conflicts because you are calling for the same Window Manager to do completely different things. So while someone such as myself sees gnome-classic-fallback-panel-monster as a lesser version of Gnome 2 but am willing to make peace, it won't matter because getting rid of gnome-classic-fallback-panel-monster is the logical progression for Gnome 3/Unity.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:55 am

From what I hear in 3.8 Gnome is going to do that. I figured by now 3.8 would be done, but have not checked lately due to time constraints! Will always wish that Gnome developers would work a little closer with everyone else. Just seems to me most things conflict when it comes to working parallel with Gnome. Almost like walking on eggs at times avoiding breaking the shells!!!! Still thus far with all have done for this OS, only have minor hassles, nothing compared to what I had on other systems. Is the main reason will stick with it! Man is not perfect and neither can his Operating systems be! As I always "Whatever system you like, that is what you should enjoy!" As long as tasks are completed, is the most important part! Cosmetics or aesthetics can always be done at later points in time. Hopefully some time will clear out in a bit and will get going to put this OS out there. Even if it makes just a few others happy, will make me happy! I always enjoy doing my best to make others happy, is an awesome part of life!!!! Always love it on here as everyone on here is always so gracious and helpful! Always will say is the best in society on here!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves