Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

The Ubuntu conspiracy !

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

The Ubuntu conspiracy !

Postby Brahim » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 pm

The Ubuntu project is getting more and more fishy. After extending business partnerships (Dell, HP, ASUS,ETC...) and establishing it name as a leading Linux OS and base, Ubuntu has taken a new path and that is the commercial one. Mark Shuttleworth, Benevolent Dictator for Life, In a Guardian interview in May 2008, Mark Shuttleworth said that the Canonical business model was service provision and explained that Canonical was not yet close to profitability. Canonical also claimed it will wait for the business to turn into a profitable one within another 3 to 5 years (2008+ 5 years = 2013 :shock: ). He regarded Canonical as positioning itself as demand for services related to free software rose. This strategy has been compared to Red Hat's business strategies in the 1990s. However, in an early 2009 New York Times article, Shuttleworth said that Canonical's revenue was "creeping" towards $30 million, the company's break-even point. In 2007, Canonical launched an International online shop selling support services and Ubuntu branded goods; later in 2008 it expanded that with a United States-specific shop designed to reduce shipment times.At the same time, the word Ubuntu was trademarked in connection with clothing and accessories. (interview at http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/may/22/internet.software )

Canonical is a multinational after all employing staff in more than 30 countries and maintaining offices in London, Boston, Taipei, Montreal, Shanghai, São Paulo and the Isle of Man and the guys working for it are actually employees of multinationals or came from a multinational background namely John D Bernard (LG and Sony Ericsson) and Jane Silber (Teijin Ltd ). In fact, The new shifts that Ubuntu has been taking goes in this vein. It is gradually distancing itself from the FOSS community. Take this, for instance, Ubuntu’s de facto spiritual leader, Mark Shuttleworth, has announced that key parts of Ubuntu 13.04 will be developed in secret has announced that key parts of Ubuntu 13.04 will be developed in secret. The move towards secret development is just for testing grounds. And By the time Ubuntu 14.04 LTS rolls around, it is planned that the core work on 13.04 will allow Canonical to produce an OS that runs equally well on laptops, desktops, smartphones, tablets, and TVs and that's just the beginning of the road because Ubutnu will no longer be a FOSS in the near future, but probably the will maintain a second-hand version of it for us :lol:

Consider yourself warned :lol:

Last edited by Xanayoshi on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved Topic-Not News-Definitely a Rant
Brahim
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: The Ubuntu conspiracy !

Postby pam » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Brahim wrote: Ubutnu will no longer be a FOSS in the near future, but probably the will maintain a second-hand version of it for us :lol:

Consider yourself warned :lol:

Maybe true, if they do something like RHEL or SLED and start charging a good amount, its still OK. But if they close source it...ill leave that to your
imagination.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 pm

SE-Kristanna_Loken.jpg

I like this S.E. wall much better. I love Ubuntu Satanic Edition. Seriously, that is one of the best Distros ever. Ironically, if Ubuntu were more like S.E. we would still have Gnome 2.

The opposite can be said for Ubuntu Christian Edition. Helpful hint
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get remove dansguardian

Ubuntu is totally like Christian Edition. very limiting, and you always feel like someone is watching over you :lol:

Kidding, Kidding...I'm not really limited in any way.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Brahim » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: that's 'cause they have a closed-source mindset :D :D :D
Brahim
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby OnoSendai » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:10 am

Meh, in the end it's a business out to make money. Canonical pays a lot of people to work for them, they have to make a profit to support their workforce. I read where they've been losing money from the get-go, you can't keep doing that and stay in business. Freud said that sometimes a cigar IS really just a cigar. Canonical is a business, they just happen to be behind Ubuntu. I doubt there's any "conspiracy." It's like the Windows secure-boot kerfluffle. People complained for years because Windows wasn't secure. Now people gripe and talk conspiracy when they take a step to become more secure. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
For the world, which seems to lie before us like a land of dreams, so various, so beautiful, so new, has really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain. And we are here as on a darkling plain, swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight. Where ignorant armies clash by night...
OnoSendai
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby stlsaint » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:15 pm

I love Ubuntu Satanic Edition. Seriously, that is one of the best Distros ever. Ironically, if Ubuntu were more like S.E. we would still have Gnome 2.

CODE: SELECT ALL

Ubuntu is totally like Christian Edition. very limiting, and you always feel like someone is watching over you

Care to elaborate on "someone watching over you" or better yet on something i have always wondered, what is it about S.E. that you enjoy?
intel centr duo
nvidia 8400 graphics
4GB ram, 500gb hdd
Ultimate Edition on Freenode @ IRC #UltimateEdition
stlsaint

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:31 pm

stlsaint wrote:
I love Ubuntu Satanic Edition. Seriously, that is one of the best Distros ever. Ironically, if Ubuntu were more like S.E. we would still have Gnome 2.

CODE: SELECT ALL

Ubuntu is totally like Christian Edition. very limiting, and you always feel like someone is watching over you

Care to elaborate on "someone watching over you" or better yet on something i have always wondered, what is it about S.E. that you enjoy?

Amazon and Unity Lenses, "nuff said"

I like the presentation with Satanic Edition, very much like the 10.04 Ultimates. About the only time I can remember seeing a screensaver and going, "Wow!, thats cool!!"

But like the 10.04 Ultimates, the OS itself is pretty much done, unless you want..well..Amazon and Unity Lenses. Yes, I can get around all that, but I would be better off ripping out what I want from the distro and all Ultimate Art is usually in every release.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby 3dfxinteractive » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:44 am

OnoSendai wrote:Meh, in the end it's a business out to make money. Canonical pays a lot of people to work for them, they have to make a profit to support their workforce. I read where they've been losing money from the get-go, you can't keep doing that and stay in business. Freud said that sometimes a cigar IS really just a cigar. Canonical is a business, they just happen to be behind Ubuntu. I doubt there's any "conspiracy." It's like the Windows secure-boot kerfluffle. People complained for years because Windows wasn't secure. Now people gripe and talk conspiracy when they take a step to become more secure. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

Canonical has been profitable from first 10 months thirty Million amd now Ubuntu is the state OS of china . No conspiracy look at Ubuntu support of Linux Foundation I believe there was something said about it awhile back more to the tune of the lack of support. Anyway I wont say anything I will let Thee Mahn have all the fun. Yes I am Jackson Nixon CEO of recently resurrected 3dfx Interactive Inc. and the Voodoo Brand
3dfxinteractive
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Welcome to the Ultimate Edition Forums <BREW>

While conspiracies are fun topics for discussion, please feel free to post in the hardware section, or ? , as it is seen on FB that Thee has interests. I did do a little research a while back on 3dfx in relation to the post and am very interested at any rate of progress, technical specifications, Linux compatibilies, etc..

Or just feel free to make yourself at home in our little corner of the interweb :D

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Return to Rants and Raves