Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Cinnamon still toast!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: Cinnamon still toast!

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 pm

I broke it by accident. I need to learn more about opensuse terminal command. apt-get and zypper are not the same, live and learn. I didn't use Debian because it is so freakin huge, and everytime I accidentally wander into gnome 3 I feel like crying. It just..it just doesn't make any sense. Isn't that why Cinnamon exists?

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:14 pm

When Gnome 3 came out and all those shell extensions were disasters waiting to happen, it brought Cinnamon to life! Gnome 3 was messed up for quite a while. Has been doing better since 3.4, luckily! They wanted the great looks and just pushed a little too hard, too fast! Cinnamon was a good interim as it did perform fairly well during the disastrous time of Gnome! Now that Gnome has recovered, you can see more stability and usability with it! This morning did the famous command and initiated Cinnamon, then went into VBOX. The same choppy movement I experienced on other OS's was there! One positive note was the hot corner did work well on Ultimate vs Snowlinux that I tried not too long ago! It didn't switch workspaces on its own! Once again though am like a child trying to build a nuclear bomb, when it comes to working on Cinnamon. I wish I did have the smarts, but fact is I don't! Am bound to trying small things here and there to get rid of the response in terminal.Still Ultimate is more precision based, where Cinnamon isn't so much. Some kind of clash is there, but not positive where it is! As most times when doing things as VBOX I wouldn't be able to use it anyway. Just doesn't seem to support it so well! As I stated above same holds true for other systems it was on! Also have to add in the time of Gnome's instability came TheeMahn and his solution!(Ultimate 3.4) Some pieces added from KDE and wallah! No longer a time bomb waiting to explode! While on Sabayon 9 Gnome 3 was a terror, ironically Cinnamon ran good! When I made the move to Ultimate 3.4 was shocked to see the responsiveness of Gnome and with Places next to Applications! These were the more sought after extensions! I mean it looked perfect and worked perfect! No more of the taskbars phasing in and out during use! Was a great feeling and still is! I couldn't ask for a better setup! Sure I like the looks of Cinnamon too, but alas can't have everything! Least I have the most important thing! An OS that works!!!! No freeze frame and Alzheimer's on Ultimate! Is weird how a pay for system does that!!!! Guess money doesn't always get the best!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 pm

I am confused. Are you referencing the workspace settings for switching? This can be annoying but most settings allow you to turn this off or adjust. Cinnamon is unstable..sure..but the settings will be different depending on the OS and if you installed the environment or not. It feels like you are mostly experiencing errors with the 3d. This can be soooooo many things and throwing VirtualBox in the mix adds more.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Frighteningly, the more I wander with these things, the more time I spend in terminal, the more time I spend in terminal, the less I care about about my desktop environment. This doesn't make sense. I love all the pretty colors and effects. Cinnamon is just not there yet.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:45 pm

I love the terminal. It's your best tool!
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeah I know switching can be adjusted, but is hard to get to the controls when it keeps flip flopping any time you move the mouse!!! Took me a good 5 minutes on Snowlinux in VBOX. Never saw it that sensitive before!!!!! Yeah, no real support for 3D on Cinnamon!!! Terminal is much more of a friend in Linux then sidewinder(new name for windoze). That terminal is a little pompous to me!!!!! Least Linux can be understood most times!!!Terminal on Ultimate is the best have ever seen so far! Get a charge out of when I mess an apt-get up will come back with the correction! If I am close will just come back with a few lines which to choose! So yes I also call the terminal of Ultimate my friend! Just am not 100% all the time, but least my friend is!!!!! Is why I say all the time I love Ultimate! It's small things and big things that make it way to great to ever pass up or leave! Great manual that comes with the system also! The people who wrote it were beyond reproach, knew what they were talking about!!!!! Awesome way to do a manual! Another of the many things, I praise about Ultimate every day! Maybe one day Cinnamon will catch up with Ultimate and be good, but for now is just a so so desktop that might work and might not! Never know might get real lucky one day and TheeMahn will invent a desktop! Bet that couldn't be knocked down even with a Nuke!!!!! Have lots of faith in him after what a great system this Ultimate has been!!!! Will bet he had straight A's all the way through college!!!! Probably taught the Professor's here and there!!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Well let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pch.shot » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:34 pm

I dislike spam as well. We can only discourage people. Obviously threats have not worked. Let's come up with a more logical and pro-active approach. Simply deleting and banning people does not work. Well, now we are off topic. See how easy it is.
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:38 pm

I think what's meant is..when you go to login you see a bunch of caution signs. It is not bots and spammers who are discouraged by this. It is completely understood you are doing your best to preserve the sight.

Back on the cinnamon topic and it still being toast, I admit I may have only used Crunchbang originally so I could say I have Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I was going to theme it and everything. Maybe later.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Micro » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:07 pm

I agree, it may frighten some. What about have the banner present when you get the confirmation of a new acct set up in email verifying your credentials instead?I Also I think a good idea would be to also welcome the new user with such info as the How To's section and Newbie Corner. Most dont scroll down the web page and as everyone knows how many repeat questions we get that are already available to the user. Ok, back on topic, Cinnamon Toast Crunch all themed would be amusing to see. 8-)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0