Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Windoze 8

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Windoze 8

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 pm

So after 4 years of staying aloof Windoze 8 comes out and is it great. Not!!!!!! Been messing with it for a bit today and it is really making Linux look like the supreme leader! So far only improvement that can be noticed is USB transfer has finally matched the speed Linux had 6 months ago!!!! The load is ugly! Graphics wise is worse than XP with loss of colors and description of what is happening! Before you get to the your actual desktop after load, you must answer too many personal things which is an invasion of privacy! A real big boo as this is the makings of "Big Brother" we all read back in the day in "George Orwell's 1984". In Win7 least when you downloaded a zip file, windows manager would open it. Now you have to download winzip or winrar. This is a step backwards to the days of XP which is now 10 years ago! I know that since I was one of the nerds who just had to test it! Navigation is very poor as you have to go to the upper right hand corner to access functions that were in the start menu of past Windoze systems. Maybe scrolling to the side is a big turn on to touch screen users, but for normal PC users, will guarantee a major disappointment! So far have not noticed any major to signify that Microsoft wants to remain competitive in the industry. I find it disgusting that everyone involved with the making of 8 and the 4 years they spent isn't even worth a quarter of what Ultimate 3.5 did in just a mere few months!!!! I mean one desktop for 8? Come on MS what is the problem? Also a poor one at that making it more difficult for the user! Sure looking forward to the day when they do themselves in! With a poor system as such am sure it won't be long!!! Long Live Linux Ultimate! Thanks once again for having a great system and not an excuse and over rated one!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Windoze 8

Postby pam » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks for the heads up BBOSAK2143! ..

Microsoft has also stated that the primary objective is hardware optimization for doze 8. To what extent its valid is known to everyone.

Will just have to download theme packs, skins etc to make it look the way you want if Microsoft's intent was user customization.

Otherwise just wait till windows 9. :vil_biere
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 am

I looked at 8 and it looks like it is catering to smaller devices like cell phones, pocket pcs, tablets etc. Not for real computers. Toys!
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:40 am

The intent is not user customization. I mean..unless you are really into squares and rectangles. The intent is to sell something as 64 and 32, because your average consumer has no clue what any of that is all about. It's bad. It's...Microsoft store bad. I would have more trust I suppose but I have friends, who pay for xboxlive gold, and have a zune account, and no computer. I for one, welcome and fear this.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:53 am

I agree. 8 is a scam and looks like real crap.I would not use it if it was free.
Maybe now ppl will stop wasting $$$ om MS.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:05 am

Is a good one!!! Definitely something for kids, a total joke!!! Not so much as the customization part, but the fact about how slowly accomplishing tasks will become! To constantly click to that lousy right hand corner is a nightmare. God forbid you don't have an internet connection! Was waiting for something to try last night and wrote the post. Later afterwards I tested usability without an internet connection. Crap! Can't use your programs! Now is that poor or what? I have a shaky connection here and there in the sticks. Am on Verizon wireless, sometimes changes in the atmosphere blocks connection for a bit. Generally is only temporary. To imagine working offline on an MS Office 2013 project would be a total drag. First off if you're not connected you will not be able to use Office! You loose connection midway through your work could be devastating! Not tested yet, but am fairly sure will crash! Didn't get a long time on Office 2013 so can't give a real heads up on it. Will say also makes you login when starting up! Privacy issue is terrible! Sorry don't want to tell everyone my business! Is not I have anything to hide, but is just not natural or normal! Since I only trust Windoze in Vbox I can't say how hardware will react! I can say as usual is a memory hog! Takes a lot to push it into a boot! Nothing like a linux OS!!!! Linux can boot off of practically nothing, not Windoze which is a major flaw. Eventually computers fail in memory and hard drives when associated with WIndoze! Wish I had a dollar for every time Windows took out memory or a hard drive on me! Last hard drive that blew made me realize this point and sent me on the quest to find a good Operating system. i don't have any of the touch screen phones, but I do have a touch screen MP3 player. Has sort of a look as the phones do and is easy to navigate to files I want! If I had to navigate through a phone or MP3 player as I did last night in 8, I would most likely throw it out! I would hate to see someone else stuck with junk! Learned a little bit yesterday what to do for my flash drive! For now on in school will do my best to boot to my flash which will have the very best OS on it! Wonder what that would be huh? Yes is getting loaded on after this post. For now on will carry Ultimate 3.5 with me! Will be a constant tribute to an OS I wholeheartedly believe in!!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Micro » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Rgr that pch.shot I agree. Its not a desktop OS. I'm waiting to see what they do to the new R2 Server. I bet they keep the desktop Style like 2008. If i were a windows user i would use 2008 R2 as my desktop OS and not windows 8. Then you have flexibility and can do some server side stuff like setting up a web server, print server and file server with ease. It would be more fun i would think...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Delved a little deeper and it gets dirtier. Whole objective is to get you on a monthly billing for games, applications and whatever else they can stick to you! Real bad news and absolutely disgusting! Media Player refuses to play DVD's and all attempts to install any games I had did not function. Seems their main aim is to sell games and other applications. This is a means to an end! Am sure when people buy that OS install and their kids get on a download these games, huge bills will await in their mailbox and online!!!! Here I was bummed I couldn't play a few games through Wine! Win8 would leave me with nothing at all!!!! Now for a great joke! Remember how TheeMahn worked his behind off to get us great functionality for our zip codes so weather would work perfect! MS labeled my zip code as in picture attached! Very very pathetic! My Zune is not even recognized by Win8 also. Guess they just didn't make enough money off of them to care about it anymore!!!! XBOX reigns supreme on their system so you know that OS is geared towards kids! Always putting the mouse pointer to the upper right hand corner is absolutely retarded and lame! Am done checking it out and give a total thumbs down performance wise. Is like trying to fly a lead kite! VBOX has trouble running it, since it is I said high on the memory usage! I can boot up Ultimate 3X as fast! Is very slow and doggy. As I said last night no connection will make you wait even longer! Looked through Office 2013 a bit and can hardly see any changes. Changes are very minimal! Some icons in the menus are prettier. Excel claims more functionality, but is only caused from all the information you have to enter when you install the OS! In a way is a relief for me as I spent the last year studying Office 2010 in school! So least I don't have to learn it all over again!!!! Is good since then I can dedicate more time to Linux! Once again thanks for making Ultimate the most fascinating and functional system I have ever seen! Is a pleasure to use and learn things on!!!! Best advice is send MS the words "We aren't going to take it, Never did and never will" (the immortal words of the Who). Will be the last I say about 8 as it really ticks me off big time! Will use 7 for school and once is done will not bother with it again! Am sure once I spend more time I can get more things running on Linux. I have the will, and will find a way, mark my words!!!!
Attachments
MSWEATHERSEARCH.jpg
I can't find Mt Pleasant TN, but I will find your money cause IAM MS!
MSWEATHERSEARCH.jpg (2.16 KiB) Viewed 3522 times
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Sorry didn't think I worded anything improperly. Just did my best to give a heads up. Just don't want to see others get taken advantage of! Is very scary for some of us out here, when we get billed for something have no clue about!!!! Been there before by just clicking on a survey 5 years ago! Lost nearly $100 from just saying I wanted some coupons! Was grateful my bank caught it!!! Now I am seeing something close to the fact and just want to make sure parents are aware! Parents work so hard to make their children safe and happy. Is hard to do that when they find out all the money is gone! I never mean to offend anyone! I only do my best to help and advise when I know something. Am very sorry to even come close to breaking any rules as Ultimate's forum feels like a second home to me! Love it here and just want to learn, enjoy and help!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves