Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Holly Flippin OS! Ultimate Edition 3.0 ROCKS!!!!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Holly Flippin OS! Ultimate Edition 3.0 ROCKS!!!!

Postby beantown » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:01 am

First off to the Dev Team. Dammit man, you guys out did yourselves! NOTHING and I mean NOTHING comes close to filling the needs of my OS dreams as Ultimate Edition 3.0 has! I am so blown away and my search has finally ended. Thank you for all your hard work! <BREW> <BREW> <BREW> <BREW>

After 10 different distros and numerous flavours I stumbled upon this gem called Ultimate Edition 3.0. Unbuntu, Debian, PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint (all versions), none had every thing I was looking for, not even PCLinuxOS Full Monty. OK so I had to find out what this Ultimate Edition thing was and off to Google the snot out of it, I went. Hell bent on finding SOMETHING wrong, SOMETHING missing. But NO! The more I read the more disbelief I had. NO WAY, they could possibly have pulled off, what I was dreaming about. Little did I know what a pleasant surprise awaited me.

OK so I down load the ISO. And stuff it full boat (UE3.0) on my Gateway LT20 with an Atom CPU, 2GB of memory with it's 160 GB Hard Drive. Yank my Thumb-drive, reboot and wait for the cursor to stop and blink at me like a Deer in my Headlights. Wait, no way, Holy smokes it booted. And dang if it didn't find EVERY piece of hardware. From the video card to the 3g and WIFI EVERYTHING worked. And full eye candy (Compiz effects) to boot. To my utter disbelief, my little LT20 was happily humming along without missing a beat!

So I finally get home (I work out of town and get home on weekends) and install Ultimate Edition 3.0 on my main Desktop that is listed in my Signature. Mind you it's not the ultra powerhouse that can be built today, but I can game the crap out of it and it does fine for what I use it for. Holly Cow, talk about eye candy! Nothing I have loaded on this PC to date can touch what Ultimate Edition 3.0 has to offer. I can't find ANYTHING I am wanting for in this OS. It's all here and it flippin works right out of the gate! 8-) The graphics, desktop background and screen savers are incredible! Talk about software, from productivity to system tools I can't find anything I would need, that wasn't included with the OS. Update was flawless, no issues at all.

I know this may be long winded for my first post. But, I wanted to share my experience and credit the Dev team for creating such a brilliant Distro. Thank you for all your hard work on Ultimate Edition, you have raised the bar above all my expectations and did it in fine fashion! Ultimate Edition truly stand up to it's name. I am in love with Linux all over again!

Gratefully,
Shane
Triple boot XP SP3, Mint 10, UE3.0
Core 2 Duo E6550 2.3Ghz
2GB Crucial DDR2 800Mhz
2 500GB Segate SATA II drives
GeForce 8600GT PCIe 16x 1GB 540Mhz
ECS 945GT-M MoBo
beantown
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT