Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

I Love Ultimate Edition

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

I Love Ultimate Edition

Postby plurworldinc » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:58 pm

I have been an Ubuntu user for the past three years> Within that time I have also tried Linux Mint 7 and Moon OS. Normally when I distro hop I try to stick with Debian based operating systems for I have an idea of what I am doing because learning Linux was a struggle. One of the biggest problems I had with Ubuntu when I first started was for me nothing worked. Sure I could have turned to the Ubuntu Forum for help but since WIFI was an issue with Ubuntu 8.04 when i first started I was just S.O.L. Now since I had nothing but time on my hand and no recovery disc from Windows to run back to I had to learn and make it work.

Now fast forwarding two years later, I am not running Linux on all of my systems at home, i am very proud of how far I have come once I put my mind to it. Now here is where Ultimate Edition comes into play. I was able to successfully install different variations of Linux on my families computer. My wife was using MInt, daughter Quim and oldest Moon. Everyone was happy but we could not get anything to work on our multi-monitor desktop workstation that was the heart and soul of our households network. Then we found Ultimate Edition and everything worked, and when I say everything , I mean everything. Two years to figure out what I was doing just worked with Ultimate Edition. It felt great. The sound was crisp and all the monitor lite up with amazement.

In the end I was so amazed I didn't have to spend the next couple of hours to get everything I wanted in my distro I switched over all of my computers too. Now my desktop is running Ultimate Edition 2.5 gnome, laptops U.E2.5 KDE, and the netbooks are rocking network editons just because it's a simple interface. Since I have been using Ultimate Edition I have been raving about it to all of my friends and whenever I meet a new person that is looking to get away from Window, i recommend Ultimate Edition because it's an all in one and a great way to see how an actual distro can work out of the box
plurworldinc
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: I Love Ultimate Edition

Postby JOHNNYG » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks for the great words of support plurworldinc <BREW> :D I to have tried many if not all the distros out there !all Windows, Mac as well as Linux ! and there are many some, I really like others just plain fall short ! when I stumbled on U E I was just SHOCKED that this was not the number one or at least in the top 5 linux distros !! With U E sleek looks and sounds I was in the tank for U E at first boot ! I had issues as does every noobie but with the more than knowledgeable people here I was soon on my way ! and have never looked back ! I now Only run Linux U E on all my rigs as default !and have converted many to U E, I still run other distros to toy with and I do help out several other Distros in there development (as I believe in the Linux community !) But all in all when it all comes down to it, IT is the developer himself that "Bakes the cake" ! :lol: And TheeMahn 8-) (IMO) Is one, if not the best developer the linux community has !! He truly believes in his work and (as you can tell) Is very good at it ! <BREW> Just wait a couple of weeks until U E 2.6 comes out ! you as well as the rest of the world will be Amazed !! I know I am ! ;) Thanks again for your words of inspiration they are greatly appreciated by all of us here on the U E team ! TheeMahn is very busy right now and gets many emails and PM's a day and really doest have time to address all of them or read and respond to every post as much as he would like to, so I will say it for him, THANKS BRO !! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: I Love Ultimate Edition

Postby JohnTN » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:43 am

I too love Ultimate Edition and I'm excited about a new release. I have shared Ultimate Edition with several friends who now also prefer it.

For the record I try to test drive all the major Linux releases and they all look sorta unfinished when compared to Ultimate Edition! I have a 500G area set aside on a 1.5T HD with 24 partitions for new Linux release testing, Ultimate Edition now resides in P1 and will stay there as my default. :)

All of you have put Ultimate Edition in a class by itself and I look forward to your next release.

Thanks, john
JohnTN
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to Rants and Raves