Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

please help 911

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

please help 911

Postby bigvgone wild » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 pm

i have a cyrix 333 how can i speed up my computer my internet connection is fast but page loading is slow i cant watch flash movies they are all in slow motion how can i posibly speed up this god forbidden machine? also at one time i had two network cards. now i cant start my computer with two things in the pci slots can anyone help me
bigvgone wild
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

Re: please help 911

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Hello bigvgone wild welcome to the U.E Forum.

Is the call to L.A.P.D OR TO N.Y.P.D ;)
O.K did you make the update/upgrade to your system?
did you install flash player and Java?
did you install Mediaplayerconnectivity?
did you install plug in for Audio Video?
with what player you work on the net as default player?

please add some info to your post,so we will not ask L.A.P.D OR TO N.Y.P.D to help you <BREW> ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby bigvgone wild » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:30 pm

i use flash player 10. i dont know any of the other plugings. i did use the upgrade and still slow. i always just installed the missing plugins from the site i was trying to watch
bigvgone wild
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Hello bigvgone wild.

O.K 2 things :
1- what is your player that you try to work with?
2- did you install Mediaplayerconnectivity for FireFox?
Admin-Amir

Postby bigvgone wild » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:47 pm

flash player 10 and can i find that in synaptic. but everything is really slow . i had 2.0 on another machine and it was blazing is there any thing i can do to improve all around performance?
bigvgone wild
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby bigvgone wild » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:12 pm

cyrix 333 and 512 ram nothing fancy just want to surf at a decent speed
bigvgone wild
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Moebius » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:05 pm

bigvgone wild wrote:cyrix 333 and 512 ram nothing fancy just want to surf at a decent speed

Hi bigvgone wild,
A few things to consider (please don´t shoot the messenger here ;) )
Cyrix 333 - the best way to speed it up is to replace it. I would suggest the poor beast is having a coronary trying to keep up with what youŕe asking from it. Most companies are suggesting you have at least a 733Mhz or greater processor to be able to watch DVDś etc.. and even that is very jumpy. Linux in general is very light on system requirements, however, when you start running some applications, the requirements increase. If you wish to persist, I would suggest trying a light weight browser, maybe something like iceweasel? and maybe trying to increase your Ram (although it would be hard to track down). I would also suggest that just for the hell of it, you try a lighter distribution of Linux, maybe Xubuntu or yellow dog etc.. Ultimate Edition, as the name suggests, has the best of everything included, but your system does need to have some ´grunt´ behind it in order to run perfectly.

I hope this helps somewhat - If anyone else has an alternative point of view, I´m happy to learn and be corrected. ;) :D

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook