Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

NVidia 9800 GTX+ problems

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

NVidia 9800 GTX+ problems

Postby klanderso » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:26 am

Hey all,

I used Ultimate Edition 1.9 on my old laptop, older computer, and had to switch back to windows for work (email + game I'm GMing/testing only work on windows) but now I'm itching to get back to Ultimate Edition. I installed it (64-bit version, I've got 8gigs of memory I'd like to use =P) via virtualbox, and it worked beautifully, until I went to change the desktop size, and realized that it didn't have the drivers/recognize my video card. I tried to install drivers, and failed miserably. I've got an NVidia 9800 GTX+, and tried to install the 177.xx, 180.xx, and everything in between. I ended up uninstalling it completely and I plan on installing it to a real partition tomorrow when I'm not working. I've searched high and low for a way to get it to work, but have yet to find one that works for me. Does anyone know of a good tutorial of how to get it working? My specialization is mostly in Windows/Macs, so explanations would really be appreciated :)

- Katty
klanderso
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: NVidia 9800 GTX+ problems

Postby pch.shot » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:35 am

VMPlayer has better video than Virtual Box and overall a better option for a virtual environment. You can use VMX builder to set it up(right now only ported for Windows). You are maxed out at 128 megs of video ram however. There are still a lot of limitations with any virtual setup. They were not intended for gaming but for office stuff like Word and Excel. A dual boot setup will give you full performance and I think overall you will be much happier. If you need a hand setting up VMPlayer or VMX builder give me a shout.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby klanderso » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:13 pm

strider5236 wrote:If your running in a virtual environment then you will not be able to install the video driver. That is a restriction of the virtual machine. You should be able to modify the settings for the VM and adjust that way.

Ah, thanks. I was really hoping I could work it out with a virtual desktop.

Does anyone know of a good, straightforward guide of installing the latest NVidia drivers?

And on a completely unrelated note, has anyone been able to get the wireless for Broadcom (specifically 4318) working with Ultimate Edition? I've got an older laptop I'm trying to get set up again, and everything is working except the wireless.
klanderso
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Postby stanca » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:58 am

Install envyng,it will tell you exactly what video driver you need. <BREW>
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0