Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Re: virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator

Postby Cell » Wed May 27, 2009 12:35 am

If you have an iso image of the apps why would you want synaptics to install em?Just mount it and pick the debs you want. ;)
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby nmambre » Wed May 27, 2009 11:16 am

I have used the scripts in Nautilus to mount the iso, just right click and it is there...

the problem i have, is that when it is a movie dvd, i can't open it directly with totem movie player. Totem only looks at the physical drive, that's empty.

Nelson
Ultimate Edition 2.1 64bit
Dell Inspiron 6400
Intel Core 2 Duo
1.73 GHz
2Gb RAM
Broadcom BCM94311
nmambre
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Wolfie Lee » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:40 am

I'm sorry, this is probably not much help, but under Applications > Accessories there is "ISO Master", a nice program, it won't mount the image, but will show the Audio TS, and Video TS folders/files, AND gives the option of uncompressing the files (The VOB files are what you want [ALWAYS in the MB range...the larger files]). Once uncompressed , Drop them all in order into your playlist, and...enjoy the movie! The smaller (tens of MB's) VOB's are the menus, if you want to VIEW them, you can...but you can't USE them...
I have heard rumors of such "ISO Mounting" and have been curious about it for some time...I was about to try "Furious" but read on. You said it was working great.........but you can't mount and view a DVD Menu? Please keep progress posted, as I am ready to jump on the solution!
I will also do my "due Diligence", and go through this thread in a day or so to see If I can't find something you might have missed........and let ya know if I get any of these apps linked/posted here to deliver the goods...

Peace :D !!
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby Wolfie Lee » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:48 am

O.K.

Here was my expierience with fader's command line...
After copy/pasting them into the terminal (and adding sudo[space]) in front of the second line and entering my password for root, that was IT from terminal...NOW I navigated in the folder browser to the mounted temp directory, and the audio.TS and video.TS folders were there (with a "Locked folder" icon)... in the upper-left corner of the file browser was an [Open Movie Player] button........CLICK and GO!
This expierence took me back a bit to my DOS and BASIC days......It seems to me there should be a straightforward way to make a simple frontend GUI app. to handle the MINIMAL CLI...Ah, to start programming again would be VERY cool...any suggestions from anyone about lerning to write these GUI apps.? Then I could REALLY help steve and nmambre out...... :geek:

I'll put it into the suggestion box for the UE2.3.....maybe just a simple modification of the "ISO Master" to incoperate the script......... :idea:
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Wolfie Lee » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:06 pm

First..........I misread the posts while skimming.....I did not realize that the one having problems ('cause "furious" DID the job for him...) was not the original Poster, but the info given should still help those tackling the same prob...

Second, I just HAVE to say it again...Theemahn is THE MAN!!!
Hear's Why I had to say it again....

At first, I thought it was because of fooling around with the command line and GUI stuff here in this thread..."furious", anyway. Because I had some mounted stuff show up on the desktop (the iso files that furious mounted), also (i did not realize this at first, but was, as I said, navigating through to the ACTUAL file). I don't know why, but I decided to try to mount one that I had NOT messed with. So, (Just as I see nmambre pointed out) I just right -clicked and chose open with Movie Player, THEN VLC, also...WITHOUT the problem nmambre encoutered. Like I said, I thought it may have had something to do with installing furious adding some nautilus extention...but, curious as always.....I burned an image to a disk (yes, AS a file), popped it into another rig with a NEARLY pristine install of UE2.1, not 2.0) copied it to the desktop, and PRESTO, it worked (menus and all)...

So, here is to Theemahn: the :ugeek: of :ugeek: 's........for staying ahead of the curve...AGAIN!!
<BREW> :D :D <BREW> :D
NO Storage drive (yet)
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby nmambre » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:55 am

Wolfle, I can mount the dvd with the script, navigate to the folders and open the vob's with Totem, but cant use the menu. If I open Totem from the applications menu, there is no option to play move dvd
But if I burn the same image to a dvd, and pop it in the physical tray, when i open totem i see an option to play dvd, and also use the menu.

that's what i want to emulate, in my case... any ideas?
Dell Inspiron 6400
Intel Core 2 Duo
1.73 GHz
2Gb RAM
Broadcom BCM94311
nmambre
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Wolfie Lee » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:35 am

No... I'm at a loss. You can play the VOB files, so it seems you have the proper codecs installed. I see you have 2.1 installed. The 2 ideas I have tried here both just WORKED...If you CAN'T simply right - click the DVD image (ISO), and choose "open with" Movie Player or VLC, Then give the "furious" app. a go....Like I said, I dumped a clean ISO onto a VERY CLEAN 2.1 install, and was able to right - click and go.....and the furious app. put actual removable media folders onto the desktop which were playable just as if the disk was in the drive......If niether of those work for you, try some of the other links here, and TAKE some SCREENSHOTS of your attempts and be specific about the steps you follow, and me or someone else may be able to pinpoint your problem and point you toward a solution.

Again, sorry I couldn't be more help.
NO Storage drive (yet)
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby nmambre » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:42 pm

You helped allright :D
I thought I had to right click on the mounted iso to open with totem, but now i read i was on the iso, and then select the app from the list... did it and had the dvd with menu working.

thx mate
Nelson
Dell Inspiron 6400
Intel Core 2 Duo
1.73 GHz
2Gb RAM
Broadcom BCM94311
nmambre
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Wolfie Lee » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:58 pm

No problem! That's what we're here for...
You said you got it working with the "Furios" application, correct?
just curious, and I'm not quite following what you did...
NO Storage drive (yet)
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby DarkChild » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:59 am

Hello ladies & Gents.

Heres an addition to your "CD/DVD image manipulator/emulation tools" I stumbled upon this great tool & thought I'd share it here.

AcetoneISO2 2.0.3.1
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/AcetoneISO2-27814.shtml

darkchild666
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God