Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Hibernation problem

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Hibernation problem

Postby gromada » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi there!

I must say Ultimate Edition is realy, realy good product. I would normaly install Debian or Ubuntu and modifing it for some time, but Ultimate Edition has over 90% things sets as I would. Thank you!
Until now, I found only one BIG problem: can't hibernate (many system messages leting me know that system can't write to swap).

I was digging and digging and realized that instead of normal swap system at /dev/sda5, I have some /dev/ramzswap0. Surprice! I culd swapoff -a and swapon /dev/sda5, but I need that automaticly, because I think that's the reason for my system can't hibernate (maybe I'm wrong?). After even more digging, I realized that the problem is in compcache which is included in kernel (2.6.27.11). Blacklisting it in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist isn't worked.
What now?
How to turn off compcache and/or how to make hibernating work?

Thanks a lot...

Best regards from Croatia!
gromada
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Hibernation problem

Postby gromada » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:37 pm

SOLVED!
Hibernation isn't something I often used, so it took me a long time to notice the problem. The real problem was in swap: installation precedure for Ultimate Edition messed up blok devices, so my /home partition from /dev/sda6 became /dev/sda3, and swap from /dev/sda5 became /dev/sda2.
I haven't found where, but there is some kind of pointer which still indicated to /dev/sda5 for swap. Now, I manualy formated swap partition (mkswap -U UUID /dev/sda2) with old UUID, so there are now two pointers with same UUID indicating two block devices /dev/sda2 and /dev/sda5 with same UUID (blkid | grep swap). Now, swap is in full size and hibernating works, so I'm happy again. :D
gromada
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Hibernation problem

Postby gromada » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:47 am

Nick wrote:Welcome gromada <BREW> glad you could be of help to yourself ! :D
Feel free to post again if you require any help from yourself ! :lol:

;)
gromada
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie