Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Question: How to install withouth DVD/USB

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Re: Question: How to install withouth DVD/USB

Postby tuxsax » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:15 am

TheeMahn, thanks for pointing me to here regarding my question
I've read this thread too in the past and I know it's very useful, but my problem remains, what if my PC is unable to boot from USB?

I guess my solution would have to be something like this:
    1. Burn a mini.iso or alike to boot the PC (DONE)
    2. Get to command line and somehow mount the USB drive or a Net drive
    3. Make it bootstrap/install from the mounted USB/Net Drive
Of course I don't know how to do any of these.
The only thing I succeeded was hosting the installation files on a webserver in my other PC and from the PC that I booted with the mini.iso CD chose the mirror to install from manually, but this kind of installation expects to find a certain content in the mirror, such as "Release" file and others that aren't apparently the same on the Ultimate Edition ISO file, perhaps Thee can shed some light here, could you make an "alternative" ISO file so we could mirror it and perform a Ultimate Edition net install from it? Think about it, You could add your distro to UNETBOOTIN drop down list of distros! It could save a lot of time, just install unetbootin, chose Ultimate Edition from list, reboot, get into the installer, perform a net install from the Ultimate Edition mirror and voila, you have your Ultimate Edition installed! I know this kind of installation may take a lot of time, but it's a nice solution for those that can't burn a DVD nor boot from DVD/USB.
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby stanca » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:37 am

This last thing I just wanted to ask too. <BREW>
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pch.shot » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Are you trying to tell us you have no optical drive in your entire house. Did you finally take my advice and throw them all out? Borrow one from your neighbor for a hour and install that way. I've never seen somebody waste so much time trying to accomplish the next to impossible!! Next, you will be telling us it has no motherboard or hard drive,and ask 'can I still install"(does it have a psu?)!!!
Flash the bios and see if you get boot from usb support.
Maybe doing that will fix it for good!!
http://www.pecos-softwareworks.com/thre ... bios.shtml
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby tuxsax » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Yeah, you've told me to throw all the optical drives away! Now you're telling me I actually still need one, huh? I'm lucky I didn't listen to you back then!
Lemme see, you say to flash the BIOS? good idea, but for this I'll need either a Windows OS installed or I can opt for doing it with a floppy, wait, don't tell me I need a floppy now, I didn't even have one to stuck in there! Besides, the latest BIOS version is dated 2/20/2003, and I believe I've already flashed this motherboard a few years ago...
Yes, I have a NEW DVD Bruner on my main PC, but I'm lazy and don't want to mess around with it and didn't also want to shut it down just to take the driver out for an hour or so, and I was looking for a creative way to do it, call it a challenge, so what is your problem? why are you mad at it? caught too much snow behind your ears? :lol:
All I'm saying is, forget me, I'm just playing around with it, but think about other people around the world that may want to install Ultimate Edition and they don't have 10 bucks to spend and they don't have a neighbor to borrow from, they just want to do a simple net install through Unetbootin, have you seen the list of distros it supports lately? Why wouldn't we want to be one of them? Most of them can do a boot to live session where you can install from to the HD if you chose to do so, and the sources are coming from the net instead of any other kind of media, what's so bad about it?
Just a thought...
U.E. Master

Postby pch.shot » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:16 am

Tux typed: 'but think about other people around the world that may want to install Ultimate Edition and they don't have 10 bucks to spend'

If they don't have 10 bucks how are they going to get on the Internet to use their computer to download the iso? In fact, where did they get the money to buy the computer in thr first place?
p.s. I'm going to send you 2 feet of snow everyday so you will actually have to do some work.
Maybe if you will it hard enough, the operating system will magically appear on this relic.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God