Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

java on firefox to work ?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Re: java on firefox to work ?

Postby snowglyder » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:14 pm

Nick wrote:
mark clark wrote:well what i read there is none to make java work for 64 bit browser ! Maybe im wrong but be nice for it to work !I tryed still it dont work so i'll wait ! :roll:

Just released :D

"I guess you've heard the good news, that Adobe released yesterday (November 17th, 2008) the first 64-bit version of its Flash Player for Linux-based operating systems.

Until yesterday, 64-bit Linux users had to install the 32-bit version of the Flash Player, which was forced to work with the help of the NSPlugin wrapper package. Moreover, the "grey box" issue in Firefox 64-bit for the Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64 (Intrepid Ibex) operating system is a known and unresolved problem, as is also the fact that users had to reload the web pages to see the flash content, or even to restart Firefox. The following guide is here to teach you how to replace the 32-bit version of the flash player with the 64-bit one, on Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64. It will work with other 64-bit Linux distributions.

OK, so let us get down to business, and replace that ugly 32-bit flash player installation from your Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64 edition with the just released 64-bit version. :lol:

Remove all existing Adobe Flash Player installations from the system.
Unpack the file. A directory which contains libflashplayer.so will be created.
Copy libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins. Create the 'plugins' folder if it does not exist yet.
Launch your browser. To verify installation in Firefox choose Help > About Plug-ins from the browser menu.

Thanks for the post! I'm using UU 2.0 and I'm having issues with java (logmein.com), as well as flash (Pandora.com). When I tried this fix, Firefox kept crashing, so I had to remove that file. Has that happened to anyone else? Also, any fixes for Java? When I go to logmein.com and try to remote into my home pc, I'm told that the applet couldn't initialize. Any tips on either?
snowglyder
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby marijo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:08 am

yes i am having trouble with my java oh firefox too..... where is the enable place at?
marijo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Postby marijo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:17 am

all i want to know is where do i go to find ENABLE for Java? some say its in TOOLS, then Options... but my COMPUTER dont have OPTIONS> so now what??
marijo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:19 am

Hi marijo,
can you be a bit more specific with your issue please?
Have you installed java? is there a specific website you are having issues with? what version of Firefox are you using? etc..
The better the description, the better we can help you.

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:53 am

Just to add to the above, if you cannot recall installing Java yourself, through your menus, choose Applications->System Tools->Ultamatix.
Whilst in Ultamatix, click on the Codecs and Plugins section, then choose Ubuntu restricted Extras and Multimedia Codecs. Once installed, try your Firefox again.

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook