Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wubi & 2.0 Gamers Edition

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

Re: Wubi & 2.0 Gamers Edition

Postby chvnx » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:20 pm

I already did that, of course. 2 steps ahead of you.

After I tried to install via Wubi, I found out that Wubi was already a part of the install. I tried to install using the method off of the cd AND I also tried mounting it with Daemon tools and running the install off of my HD, but I get the exact same error as I got with the Wubi installer both time.

As soon as it finishes with the checksum, the analyzer starts for half a second and then it crashes.

I'm on the Live CD right now. I'm loving everything about it so far, especially hyped about the pre-installed apps. Almost enough to make me leave XP....almost.
chvnx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 Gamers

Postby pch.shot » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:33 pm

I hate optical drives!!! If you can get your hands on a 4 gig usb flash drive try installing it that way using this:
http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pch.shot » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:54 pm

Download and use this to post your specs:
http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php
You may have a hardware issue(like video-seems to be the biggest issue).
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby chvnx » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:01 pm

If it was a hardware issue, how would I have already installed Ubuntu 8.10 before on this machine with Wubi, and how come I can run this from Live CD? if it was hardware, surely it would have more problems with the Live CD, right?

What is that program you want me to install, and why do you need so much detailed info?
chvnx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby pch.shot » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:14 pm

Ultimate uses a newer kernel for one and if you do not have the correct drivers you will not be able to get things working. In fact you could have a faulty disc. We are trying to help you here so I would loose the know it all attitude right now.
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby deate » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:57 am

chvnx wrote:I've ran it off of the live cd. I liked it a lot. Thanks for the help, anyways, but, that's not really what I asked about.

I don't want to get rid of Windows and I don't want to format and partition my HD. That's the whole point of Wubi I thought. If I didn't need Windows then I wouldn't need Wubi, would I, lol? or can I do that without destroying my windows?

So, once again, is there a way to install this with Wubi? Anyone?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Have you bothered to read any of the information here? A lot of people have spent a lot of time providing useful information...look in the NEWBIE section, and you will find that you can dual boot without destroying your Windows installation,there's a nice how-to there
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby cowboy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:14 am

OK..this might seem to simple...the Wubi that is in Ultimate Edition is for a specific Kernel...when it does not find that specific kernel ISO it will revert to search and download the correct one that it was written for...simple.
Since Ultimate Edition has a different Kernel than the stock 8.10 Ibex...it should not work..
If you want a look alike just download in a Wubi 8.10 Ibex install..the themes and so forth
Ah..here come the question..i want a true Ultimate Edition install.....?
Using Wubi..you will not even get a "true" Ubuntu install.... ;)
Reformat your hard drive and do a Dual...and in either case..make sure you defrag your HD and in some cases run CKdisk...for a install of a OS whether it be "Wubi" helped or a Dual boot.... ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby chvnx » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 am

OK, thanks for letting me know it's not possible. But now I must ask, why was Wubi included with Ultimate if it won't work? Did any of you tester guys test it (Install with Wubi) before releasing it, and if so, what were the results? I don't want to install Ubuntu and then hack it to be Ultimate. That defeats the whole purpose of Ultimate for me since I want everything pre-installed. I hate installing apps with Linux...such a pain for a Windows junkie like me. It seems like brain surgery sometimes, lol.

On a Wubi related note, their support staff refused to help me because Ultimate is not an official Ubuntu distro and they said to come back when I used their distro.

Argh.

Oh yeah, and for the last time: I can not format! I use this PC to record music and simply will not format. Its a useless suggestion.

Thanks for all the assistance guys. It's really appreciated.

PS: I wasn't giving you guys any lip. You should chill out and stop being so defensive.
:geek:
chvnx
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby mrLRB » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:49 pm

chvnx wrote:OK, thanks for letting me know it's not possible. But now I must ask, why was Wubi included with Ultimate if it won't work? Did any of you tester guys test it (Install with Wubi) before releasing it, and if so, what were the results? I don't want to install Ubuntu and then hack it to be Ultimate. That defeats the whole purpose of Ultimate for me since I want everything pre-installed. I hate installing apps with Linux...such a pain for a Windows junkie like me. It seems like brain surgery sometimes, lol.

On a Wubi related note, their support staff refused to help me because Ultimate is not an official Ubuntu distro and they said to come back when I used their distro.

:

I'm not real sure what the problem with WUBI is, YES the WUBI file included with Ultimate Edition 2.0 is the correct one, as I have already installed (Ultimate Edition 2.0x64) three times on two different machines with no problems. all I did was follow the instructions.
No extra downloading was needed for this version.

I too, am a windows "junkie", but installing programs in linux is much easier...

Like I've said before, half the fun of Ultimate Edition is building and configuring it just the way you want it.
ASROCK 990FX Extreme4
AMD FX8350 OC to 4.5ghz
16 GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3
2x WD1002FAEX (Caviar Black) in Raid 0
XFX AMD Radeon 6870 2GB
ASPIRE X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower
Samsung S27B350H 27" Monitor
BOSE Companion 2
mrLRB
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby LeadFingers » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Someone once said The true definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again, expecting different results each time.
You might try something new this time. I get it, you don't want to touch your hard drive. You have other options, Get a different HD to put Ultimate Edition on, for less money get a 8GB USB flash drive and put Ultimate Edition on that.
Yup, you can run any Linux right off the USB drive without touching 1 sector of your HD. A drive's a drive right?
I think in the end you will find that running WUBI is slower and more problematic than running the Live DVD.

PS: Just for the clarification of our other readers:
You Can shrink the Windows partition, without doing any damage, and install Linux on the remainder of the partition. A classic duel boot where you have a choice of which OS you want to use when you boot.
This is generally the recommended method for those new to Linux. NO ONE get Linux the first day, stay within your comfort zone and always have a back-up.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0