Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Connection of a printer under usb [SOLVED]

Any and all things Laptop related.

Connection of a printer under usb [SOLVED]

Postby alain_maj » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:08 am

Hello, I am new to this forum. I did a live installation of permanent UE2.9 usb to 16 GB. Tested on Toshiba satellite M70 and Fujitsu Amilo. No problem except for the connection of a printer (HP Photosmart 3200). System Preference System recognizes the settings. Printing Printing System Admin says localhost not connected. F1 says stopped cups service cups spooler not working. Go to System admin services. I do not see this option and I do not know how to access this service cups. The printer has already run on Linux (puppy linux version 3). Can you give me a chip? thank you
alain_maj
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Connection of a printer under usb live installation Ulti

Postby alain_maj » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:52 am

I did what you said, no change, reinstalled drivers hp no change. Used EU 2.8, recognized and functional printer. Under 2.9, when I turn on the printer, nothing happens, no detection. Maleureusement, 2.8 has problems on dell inspiron 5150, at cable and wireless internet. In addition a number of errors reported during startup. I will try other versions, if not logical solution
alain_maj
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby dathem » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:52 pm

Hello, Please try this; http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/ ... Smart_3200, I would also install the HPLIP GUI

good luck
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby alain_maj » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:51 am

the problem was only the unconnection of the printer. Problem solved by the new versuin Ultimate Edition 3 which recognise and connect the HP without problem.

Although, I've bought a new lapto : Toshiba Satellite C670-17D : windows 7 : motherboard Oneonta : i5-2430 M : HD 640 gb sata : Nvidia Geforce GT 520M : Monitor généric lcd 1900x600 : Wlan RTL8192Ce driver Realtec Wireless LAN 802.11 n PCI-E-NIC; and I have a problem of resolution . Ultimate Edition give 1024x768 (4/3) instead 1900x600 How install the driver nvidia which function perferctly whith puppex2012. Thanks for your aid and patience
alain_maj
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Laptops-All topics